Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Stores for Transitioning from Plus to Regular

I forgot to add (sorry this thing never lets me edit my posts), I have been donating mine to a women's shelter that helped me out when I needed to get away from an abusive situation. I can't tell you how good it feels when you see the women soooo happy to have your clothes. The thing with women's shelter's is that it tends to be alot of larger women that are abused. They are in desperate need of larger sizes because most of these women leave with just what is on their backs.

I donate all of mine to the women's shelter.....most of these women left home with only the clothes on their back. They need clothes to wear for job-hunting and working and also just to boost their self-esteem.

I agree with the donating things fully-as I stated before.

I do however, have tons----of tops---large sized--as in 2& 3 X----will be glad to give to anyone wanting them. Shoot me a PM and we will arrange it!

Our shelter here is moving I found out last night, and will not be taking any donations other than cash until Feb. 1st.

Any takers? Mostly casual--some still with tags.

Kat

Another great place if you don't mind shopping online is QVC. They have a very wide range of sizes in all different brands. Some of the clothes are pretty hideous, but some are very cute!! The Denim & Co line has some cute stuff and is pretty reasonably priced for when you are transitioning through sizes. I'm going to order some Denim & Co jeans today I think!

From QVC I LOVE their citiknits brand. I wore them when I started pregnant at size 18 all the way through pregnancy and now when I'm a size 22. Same 2x. I think their large would probably work for me from 1x down to just about med. I do have a problem since I'm short that I have to get their petites, but if you have to get dress clothes for work and want them to transition with you, I think it could be a good deal. And they are AWESOME about returns.

Steph

I was just on macys.com, and they are having a one day sale today, and I found some AWESOME deals. They have some jeans and sweaters, etc, for between 10.99-14.99!

If you order online, how do you know they will fit? I usually have to go through the whole store before I find one pair of pants that fit properly.

When I was big, I just ordered 1X and 2X stuff and lived in "big shirts". Hard not to fit in those. Now I am losing I actually find out I am pretty much a normal size. Those items that don't fit, I try to determine if it's worth it to get a size smaller (or larger) and just return them for credit or echange for another size. Going to a regular department store seems really daunting to me still. I LOVE castalogs. Plus I have ordered about 10 pairs of shoes on line and every single one has fit! WOW!

I have bought some size 12's that I can't get into yet, and had my 14's taken up by my seamstress. She sometimes costs more than a new pair of pants would cost, but nothing else fits. Too bad there are no half sizes LOL.

I like TJ Maxx a lot

Before I became a bandita, I was a 2X going into a 3x and a 16W going into an 18. I LOVE to shop for smaller sizes. Yeaaa

I had a squall jacket that I bought 3 yrs ago and it was always too tight and the zipper was either never working right or couldn't gracefully go around my "girth"...so I really hadn't worn it in 2 yrs....In November we were going to a Notre Dame game and I washed it and it fit, well, but turns out the zipper really WAS broken...I wrote to them to see if it could be repaired, they said send it in, they would replace or refund my $$...So I did, and for 6.00 for shipping, they sent me a BRAND new jacket, which fits great and was back to me in 4 days....then the other day was looking for my sunglasses....couldn't find them in the car...lo and behold on my front porch when I got home was a box from Land's End...I had left the shades in the jacket pocket...and they sent them back.....they rock!!!:clap2: