Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walls of Text

I can not read the ones in neon. Just can not see them well enough. I also hate it when there are no breaks. I lose my place. Donna

That's my complaint too. There are threads that I don't post in, but like to read. It makes it hard to figure out what someone is talking about if we have to skip a huge wall of text because it's too hard to read.

I love the lively discussions and I really do want to read everyone's responses. Sometimes I find posts that are impossible

for me to read. I lose my place too. It's aggravating.

It is unbelieveable the things I read on this site. I am a teacher and I guess we teachers are a little above the rest of the world as we learn to read anything. We grade thousands of papers a year written in many different forms. Your children would fail if we did not figure out how to do this.

It is unbelieveable the things I read on this site. I am a teacher and I guess we teachers are a little above the rest of the world as we learn to read anything. We grade thousands of papers a year written in many different forms. Your children would fail if we did not figure out how to do this.

It is your job to read that stuff, you are paid for doing it. These message boards are our enjoyment time. We are not paid to do it, we don't have to do it. When it isn't enjoyment anymore we don't have to read the nonsense.

Since you are reading your students work, please ask them to use basic grammar and punctuation so that when the come to message boards we won't have to skip their posts too.

One more thing, you are obviously not doing it well if you claim to read all this. I recall a PM I received from you just a few days ago that was so out of line and silly, not to mention completely untrue... if you are able to read without a problem how did you miss it so far off the mark when you were annoying me with PMs?

No, you are not above the rest of the world in any manner.

I kind of figured you would be the first to send your sarcasim. I also kind of enjoyed it. (smile) You get worked up easily. Take a chill pill bubble.

I kind of figured you would be the first to send your sarcasim. I also kind of enjoyed it. (smile) You get worked up easily. Take a chill pill bubble.

Darl'en, you give yourself far too much credit. Perhaps this is the problem.

It I guess we teachers are a little above the rest of the world as we learn to read anything.
We are? Gee I wish someone had clued me in when I first got my certification...seems the teachers where I am are viewed as much closer to the bottom of the barrel. Most of us view ourselves as mere mortals in any case...

So what you are saying is that things don't have to be broken down into

paragraphs?

I don't get this. I didn't start this thread to start fights. My point was that

posts are just easier to read if they are either indented where there is a break in the paragraph, or spaces put in. When the entire screen is filled up with

text, it's harder to read.

My children did not fail in school. I made sure they knew what a paragraph was.

So what you are saying is that things don't have to be broken down into

paragraphs?

I don't get this. I didn't start this thread to start fights. My point was that

posts are just easier to read if they are either indented where there is a break in the paragraph, or spaces put in. When the entire screen is filled up with

text, it's harder to read.

My children did not fail in school. I made sure they knew what a paragraph was.

Hi Denise! I think that SueSue was saying that teachers are really good at reading weird looking writing like the examples we included above because they teach school. Since the kids are just learning, their writing can be difficult to understand until you get used to deciphering it. She meant that if teachers didn't get proficient at figuring out what the kids were trying to say, they'd fail. A teacher who couldn't make heads or tails out of it would fail the kid.

But...what do I know...I'm one of the "mere mortal" educators! LOL! :clap2:

Yes, Transformer that is exactly what I was saying. Also, I was being sarcastic about us being above everyone else. My experience has been quite the opposite of being looked up to.

Notice the break...

Denise,

I did not mean anything bad. I promise. Normally I am a very nice person. I am not a fighter by nature but will not back down when my feathers are ruffled. That came from my grandmother, bless her heart.

I am trying to deal with sarcasim on these threads. Thought I would try it. It is not fun for me.

I probably have made the mistakes you have noticed and I did not make them intentionally as I would bet is the case for many. When I type I do not want to have to be perfect on this site. I sometimes type fast and make mistakes. I want to be forgiven and not constantly judged. Sometimes when I enter these threads I do not know what they are going to be about as the title does not give the whole idea away. I am a little surprised over some of the things I read.

When I first joined I was hesitant to post and ask questions. Now I have read some complaints about newbies. I am sure I made some of the mistakes in that area also. I have stopped asking questions and try to figure it out. If I don't figure it out by looking for the answers I do without the answer. Sorry if I upset you.

Yes, Transformer that is exactly what I was saying. Also, I was being sarcastic about us being above everyone else. My experience has been quite the opposite of being looked up to.

Notice the break...

Denise,

I did not mean anything bad. I promise. Normally I am a very nice person. I am not a fighter by nature but will not back down when my feathers are ruffled. That came from my grandmother, bless her heart.

I am trying to deal with sarcasim on these threads. Thought I would try it. It is not fun for me.

I probably have made the mistakes you have noticed and I did not make them intentionally as I would bet is the case for many. When I type I do not want to have to be perfect on this site. I sometimes type fast and make mistakes. I want to be forgiven and not constantly judged. Sometimes when I enter these threads I do not know what they are going to be about as the title does not give the whole idea away. I am a little surprised over some of the things I read.

When I first joined I was hesitant to post and ask questions. Now I have read some complaints about newbies. I am sure I made some of the mistakes in that area also. I have stopped asking questions and try to figure it out. If I don't figure it out by looking for the answers I do without the answer. Sorry if I upset you.

I don't think you are telling the whole story here, Sue. We have been comparing notes and you didn't just send snitty and nasty (not to mention untrue) PMs to me, you've been spreading the joy around to several people. You have been making all kinds of people angry and annoyed.

Nobody is jumping your stuff because you asked a question, far from it. Truth is you have a thing about PMing people, telling untruths, then you are given a dose of your own medicine, then you run away crying that everyone ELSE is mean.

Hmmm... might want to ponder that one for a bit. I think with time you might figure it out.

Bubble,

All sarcaism and anger side for a minute, do you ever feel bad about some of the things you say to people on this site. I do.

WOW, Bubble you get down and dirty. That statement is so untrue. I have not PM many people at all. Lord, I just learned how to do it. I sure have not PMed anyone anything nasty. I PM you twice and only twice and told you I thought you were rude. I also think you must be unhappy. Copy it and put it on the site so everyone can see what I wrote you. In fact, have everyone you have been comparing notes with and have them copy and paste also. I would like to see them myself. Once again, I have not been rude to anyone but you. You should be able to take it because you sure dish it out. Now, copy and paste and put them up there.

WOW, Bubble you get down and dirty. That statement is so untrue. I have not PM many people at all. Lord, I just learned how to do it. I sure have not PMed anyone anything nasty. I PM you twice and only twice and told you I thought you were rude. I also think you must be unhappy. Copy it and put it on the site so everyone can see what I wrote you. In fact, have everyone you have been comparing notes with and have them copy and paste also. I would like to see them myself. Once again, I have not been rude to anyone but you. You should be able to take it because you sure dish it out. Now, copy and paste and put them up there.

I'm sure you did think I was nasty. I was very insulted by what you wrote. You wrote that I did my own fills and I most certainly do not! You have yet to prove your claims! I told you that you were a pain in the butt and not to PM me again and I probably told you to buggar off as well. Now I find out that you are annoying others too.

Really, maybe it's not everyone else around you. Perhaps it is just you. I know of two others that you PMd that don't want you contacting them again.