Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Nymphs Lets Talk Weight Loss!

Getting to this first level of restriction is frustrating. I continue to diet and lose slowly, but doens't that make me just farther away to my first restriction? If my stomach continues to get smaller than the tightness is further away. Hopefully the fills are getting my band tighter more rapidly than I am losing!

I really want a meal that stays with me for at least two hours. I just keep thinking if I had some restriction, I could get a 10 pound loss in a month. I could use that! I need to buy a few pieces of clothing and I'd like to lose a little more first.

Everyone is hanging in though and we are all still losing. I think I'll go check the Oct bandsters and see how they are doing, since they're one month ahead of us.

Good one Longhorn. As of yesterday, I'm at 201.5. Saw 199.7 twice in the last month so hope to see it again on a more permanent basis very soon. I got my 3rd fill yesterday, now 6.5cc in 10cc band. Feel a little more restricted but was able to eat okay last night. I'll check out how it is in the next few days. Can go back in a couple of weeks to get more if I need it.

Isn't it exciting when you see a number that you're not expecting? It actually looked funny on my scales! :confused:

I hope your fill is working out okay. I can get so hungry at the end of the day, though it doesn't take much to fill me up, so the band is definitely working. I think I'll be able to relax a little about losing when I get under 200. Something magic about that number!

What's the "magic" number in kilograms?

Hang in there Shortgal, I'm sure we'll all get to that sweet spot. I think mine will be another 1cc. When is your next fill?

It is exciting isn't it Longhorn... 200lbs is 90.9 kilos. I am also like you, starving on the way home but it doesn't take much for that to go away. With my 3rd fill, I am hardly eating anything through the day. Only having a small dinner but am still having some Snacks at night. Happy with that because with walking every day and doing aqua aerobics once or twice a week, I will get the weight off. I lost another lb overnight. Can't wait for it to start melting off again! :confused:

Thanks Sades,

One more week to next fill, I keep thinking that if I haven't got close to restriction, as I lose I keep getting farther away from it, unless the fills are "bigger" than the amount I'm shrinking my stomach fat.

I know I need more fill based on hunger between meals and amount I could eat. I am resisting eating b'fast, but really want it.

I'm down one more pound for our weigh in tomorrow, but I lost that one right after last weigh in, so the scale hasn't budged for at least 5 days.

Oh well, I can hang in for a little more until that right fill comes!

I don't think it would have come to that yet Shortgal. I would imagine that would happen when you've lost a lot more weight. I went back a couple of weeks earlier than I was told to because I wanted the restriction I was promised when I signed up for this. I'm restricted at the moment because I'm certainly able to go long periods between meals but I know I need more because I am still able to eat. I ate an apple today without any problems. I am happy I can do that but at the same time I want to struggle to get through the whole lot. Maybe another 1cc will do it. I'm going to make an appointment to get more in the next week or two. I hope I don't get to the point where everything is coming back up... I've been very lucky so far.

Sades: So the equivalent of "Onederland" is "Ninetyville"? In other words, I know the actual conversion but for us, I don't think the "magic" is the actual weight of 200 pounds but the significance of changing that beginning number from a two to a one (or a three to a two.) I was just wondering if there is a similar cutoff that is significant for y'all. I guess one would be going from three digits to two. Are there others that are not just equivalents to our system?

Maybe this is just a nerdy math question. :confused:

Ha, ha Longhorn, that made me laugh. Before I got to the bottom of your post, I was laughing because I thought here comes the math logic!

You must be a good math teacher because you see numbers from a lot of different perspectives!

Longhorn: Our resident math geek! You must have figured your weight loss forward, backwards, sideways and must have a thousand projections on when you'll reach goal. I LOVE IT!

Ha ha Longhorn. For me it was getting under 100 kilos and now I'm hanging out to get under 90 kilos... not too far off. I saw 89 kilos about 3 years ago but then went back the other way. I haven't been 70 something kilos for about 18 years... now that will be an achievement!!

Sades: So the equivalent of "Onederland" is "Ninetyville"? In other words, I know the actual conversion but for us, I don't think the "magic" is the actual weight of 200 pounds but the significance of changing that beginning number from a two to a one (or a three to a two.) I was just wondering if there is a similar cutoff that is significant for y'all. I guess one would be going from three digits to two. Are there others that are not just equivalents to our system?

Maybe this is just a nerdy math question. :thumbup:

Being under 200 - MAJOR MAJOR achievement - a mental achievement. The nineties coasted by. Now I'm in eightyville!!!!! I love my band.:angry:

Being under 200 - MAJOR MAJOR achievement - a mental achievement. The nineties coasted by. Now I'm in eightyville!!!!! I love my band.:thumbup:

But what makes it a bigger achievement than 201? It's getting rid of that dang 2! When someone on the metric system considers getting under 200 pounds a milestone, it's because he or she is conforming to the US system on a US board. I'm just curious what the milestones are on an Australian board (or other places where weight is measured in kilograms.)

Anyway, congratulations!

Well I hit 199.7 lbs again today (90.8 kilos) and I hope I can stay there and get some new weight off. If I work at it, I might get to that Valentine Day's challenge, then again it's only 5 days away. Looks like it might have to be the next challenge that works for me.

I don't think I'll make my goal, either, Sades. I set the goal mostly based on getting under 200. Also, I was optimistic that getting that second fill in January would make a big difference. I don't know what I was thinking, though, because I've always been a slow loser.

I'm not too bothered, though. I still enjoy seeing how loosely my clothes are fitting and I've never been this comfortable while losing weight before. I eat when I'm hungry and there's nothing I can't eat as long as I follow the rules. If I get a fill next week, it will be a very small one.

BUMMER! Started solid food and don't think I've hit restriction yet! I made my next appt farther away than 2 weeks because we'll away the weekend before and I don;t want to get the fill right before that, because then I'll be on liquids for two days.

I MUST be getting closer and I might have them just start doing .5 cc's. I do not want to be over restricted and start the defill mess! And I still want to be able to eat most foods.

I don't have as much hunger, but feel I could eat more AND the meals don't fill me long enough. Boy, this is the most frustrating part of being banded!

But I am happy with the weight I've lost. I was very conservative setting my Valentine Challenge goal, becasue I've always been a slow loser, but I've exceeded that goal, so I am very happy (and still surprised)about that.

I'm setting my own mini goal of being 180 by end of March. The scale has just started occassonally showing me 189.... haven't seeen the 180's for a lonnnnnnng time!

March on Nymph's!

Longhorn, trying to meet the challenge while going through bandsters hell has made it an even bigger challenge for many of us. My restriction level is pretty good now but I will go for another fill in the next week or so (need to make an appointment) because I need that little bit more. I think what we have lost so far is an achievement and I know what you mean about the loose clothes, especially my pants. I want to buy new ones but will wait until I lose a little more weight.

I cannot wait much longer before going shoppping for pants! Starting to get desperate now. I' ll go next week and just buy one or two pairs. Have no clue what size, so I'll be trying a lot of things on.

What a relief not to be buying a larger size, as I always did in the past when something didn't fit, it was usually too tight!

Hope I can find something cheap, because I don't plan to wear them long!