Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Nymphs Lets Talk Weight Loss!

Congrats to you too, TxArcher - you sound like you're going at it. I migrated across the pond in'89, but my native habitat is the wilds of the Bronx, in the shadow of Yankee Stadium where a certain football team which you might not be too fond of right now used to play. Hopefully this will not impede our new-found friendship.

It is not a race... My 50 pounds lost is 13% of my pre op weight. Your 25 pounds may be a higher percentage than mine though...

Thanks for the reminder about loss %. I've lost a total of 14%, 10% since surgery. That is a good feeling. I am really feeling great with the weight gone.

Congrats to you too, TxArcher - you sound like you're going at it. I migrated across the pond in'89, but my native habitat is the wilds of the Bronx, in the shadow of Yankee Stadium where a certain football team which you might not be too fond of right now used to play. Hopefully this will not impede our new-found friendship.

Man... I never thought I would say this... but GO GIANTS! Anybody but "Bratty, Brady" and his "perfect team"!

This is the first time I can remember ever rootin for the Giants. Gotta pull for the NFC.

So I am 19 years late, but welcome to America!

This math teacher is so proud that y'all know how to calculate percentages! :eek:

Here's what a true slow loser has lost in 13 weeks: 10.1%. :smile:

But it's 1.8 pounds per week so I'm well within the average.

Man... I never thought I would say this... but GO GIANTS! Anybody but "Bratty, Brady" and his "perfect team"!

This is the first time I can remember ever rootin for the Giants. Gotta pull for the NFC.

So I am 19 years late, but welcome to America!

I've become a Giants fan, too, for one game only! :smile:

It is not a race... My 50 pounds lost is 13% of my pre op weight. Your 25 pounds may be a higher percentage than mine though...

Thanks for the reminder about loss %. I've lost a total of 14%, 10% since surgery. That is a good feeling. I am really feeling great with the weight gone.

To me, percentage is WAY more important than "BMI" I think BMI is a crock! But I suppose we have to play along with the mighty insurance guidelines. I just hope I can get life insurance after loosing weight since I have had the band. Before I couldn't get it because I was too fat... What a catch 22 we are in!

[officially off my soap box now]

I think I confused you, TxrArcher - I live in Israel now, and have since 1989 after having grown up in the Bronx.

I respect you for rooting for the Giants - I say, always root for the team that beats you - if they go all the way, then you know you got beaten by the best. I'm going to bet that those cries of "go Giants!" from you and Longhorn are redeemable for one game only and expire officialy at its' end, but it's welcome support none the less. I'll be up at 1:30am (ouch!) for the opening kickoff.

Well... since this is the "talk about weight loss thread"... I have OFFICIALLY BUSTED THROUGH THE 50 POUND BARRIER!

I have lost 54 total!!! YIPPY!!!

Man do I feel better than I did 2 months ago! what a change! That is 13.5% of my max body weight!

I went hiking the other day!

I am just more excited the more I think about breaking through that 50 mark!

Craig-

Great job, Man! You should be very proud of yourself. Missed being on the board while I was in PA. Don't know if I gained or lost while I was gone. I am going to weigh in tomorrow. Gotta tell you that I worked my tail off in PA. We were buying and loading a 16' truck with all the goodies. Before going on the trip I had to buy some pants. Well, I was down 4 sizes and this size won't last long because they are already getting big. Yeah! Lots of NSV moments for all.

Cindy

Congratulations TXarcher...I am only 6 pounds away and I too will have busted that barrier.....I am waiting for that one to roll around.....LOL

As for the BIG GAME that everyone is talking about......I am rooting for the Patriots......I think what they have accomplished is awesome....I love Brady he is not a whiner, and he is not full of himself either....that in itself in the NFL or any professional sport is amazing.....LOL

I am not a football fan per say......I do love my BEARS!! But I stopped watching football because it is not the game of ole......I miss the players that played because they loved the game, not because they were making millions and millions of dollars.

I've lost 11% of my starting weight and am 33% to my goal. All in three months. That's an average of 2 pounds a week, which isn't "fast" enough for a lot of people, but is plenty fast for me. The last time I lost 30 pounds, it took me two years to do it.

My husband is an Eagles fan and said last night "I never thought I would cheer for the Giants". As the saying goes "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". Football is okay, but all the hyperbole and hoopla is mind numbing. Blech. It should just be a game.

Congrats to all of you on your weight loss!

OK...I love you NYMPHS..I truly do but as I write this I am in a state of depression over the lack of love from my PATS. I will give my kudos to the Giants they played a great game. The best team did win IMO. Watch out for next year, you can't keep a good team down. This is great fuel for next year and Belicheck will use it to his advantage. Can we say pit in my stomach for all 4 quarters. I never did feel confident that we were going to win; except maybe in the last 2.5 minutes of the game. I can't talk about it anymore to depressing; just want to forget.

As for another NSV moment. I lost 3lbs from Sunday to Tuesday and all because of the PATS loss. This Superbowl loss was good for my weightloss. :)

Love you guys,

Cindy

Cindy,

So sorry your team lost. I'm sure you are heart broken. The CEO of our company is a huge Pats fan so I am staying away from him for a few days. LOL

Hi all,

Reading this thread makes me feel great!! I was getting discouraged at my weight loss and not having proper restriction yet. However I am doing fine and thank you to all of you guys for your posts I feel successfull. I really need to stay in touch with all you Nymphs as you are my support. Going for 4th fill 02/19/2008. Joining the gym with a pool this weekend.:)

See ya Lighter

Danna

Well, I saw a number this morning that I haven't seen for a long time -- 203.6! I'll take it! I don't know if I'll get under 199 by next week but at least I'm still losing. At this rate, my graph now predicts I will reach goal July 4 -- Independence Day! :)

Good one Longhorn. As of yesterday, I'm at 201.5. Saw 199.7 twice in the last month so hope to see it again on a more permanent basis very soon. I got my 3rd fill yesterday, now 6.5cc in 10cc band. Feel a little more restricted but was able to eat okay last night. I'll check out how it is in the next few days. Can go back in a couple of weeks to get more if I need it.