Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dianne... Stacey.....and the rest of the TLC Gang... where are you guys?

I'm here....thanks for checkin:) I've been working a lot lately....and for a full time mom....that's not my normal routine. I sub at my kids school and just got hired for a part-time position for this upcoming school year.....YAY!!

I got my 3rd fill on May 1st (6.6 cc's in a 10 cc band). I've had unbelievable restriction...to the point that I've been a little worried and wondered if I needed to have an unfill. BUT, I hung in there and have lost 8 lbs since May 1....so I'm really happy with the results. I would guess this is my "sweet spot"....at least for the time being. I'm not hungry, do pretty well to get in some healthy foods and Water but not in any type of large amounts that is for sure. I'm happy with this fill level and will hold off for a couple more weeks before calling for another....if I even need another....we shall see. I just watch the scale and when it stops moving....and I find myself eating WAY MORE then I'm supposed to eat, I make the call for another adjustment.

I need to update my ticker....but here are my weights from start to this morning......

pre-op weight 229 lbs

today 185:lol:

Thanks for keeping this TLC link going Pat....glad you are ALL doing so well!

Girl, I'm SOOO proud of you!!! You're doing wonderful- and I'm envious!! My loss has been so slow that it's depressing. I'm still having problems eating and was thinking about an unfill also, but you've given me hope that I'll adjust to it. I sure know I can't eat even 1/2 as much as I was before this fill.

Tonight I think I figured out what part of my problem is and now I have to find a solution for it. My S/O travels ALL the time (he's been home maybe 3 nights this month) so I spend most of my nights alone, bored, and find myself wandering around the kitchen, looking for Snacks, thinking "this is low fat- it won't hurt", but after eating 3 or 4 of the *low fat* things, they aren't low fat anymore. I know I've got to stop this behavior or my band won't work for me. It's almost like a battle with the band to see who'll win. It's like "I wonder if I can eat THIS" so I try just to see if I can.

At the same time I can also see that my habits ARE slowly changing. I don't even think about some of the foods I used to live for. bread is one example. It's taken me a long time to accept the fact that I just can't eat it, even after reading about others having problems with it. So now.. I don't even attempt to eat anything soft & doughy. Hey that's progress for me, because I absolutely *LOVE* bread- all kinds of bread!

This is truly a journey, and it's hard to see the light at the end right now, but I know it's there! I've read about so many others on here who've made it to their goal and that's what keeps me coming back here to keep motivated. I hope someday I can motivate others who are just starting out on this road to a healthy life again!!

Pat,

If you had come to the meeting tonight, you would have learned what to do. The answer is to keep your hands busy! Knit, needlepoint, scrapbook, beead, do something to keep your hands busy and you won't want to look for something to eat.

Cynthia

Hi All,

I Am At Work Right Now Reading Everyone's Posts. I Went To My Pre-op Appt With The Dietician And On-site Physician Today Or Rather Yesterday Now. I Have An Appt With Dr. Castro Next Wednesday And My Surgery Is Scheduled For Next Friday, May 30th. I Am So Excited. My Fiance Is More Nervous About All Of It Than I Am. I Am Sure I Will Be Nervous As It Gets Nearer. I Have Had A Couple Of Minor Surgical Procedures And I Have Always Hated The Feeling Of Going Under. I Guess It Came From Having A Tonsillectomy At Age 9. The Main Thing I Remember About That Time Was My Mom Signing The Consent Form, Which As Most Do, List Death As A Complication Of Surgery. I Know It May Sound Silly, But That Is What I Think Of Everytime I Have Had Anesthesia.

I Am Not Too Worried About The Pain Afterward. I Have A High Pain Tolerance And Don't Like To Take Too Many Meds Anyway.

Well, I Guess I Better Get Back To Work. My Shift Ends In 2 Hours Thank Goodness. After Driving To Plano And Back And Coming In To Work With No sleep, I Am Exhausted.

Have A Great Day Everyone.

Good morning guys! How is everyone doing today?

Cynthia, thanks for the "slap on the wrist" about not attending the meeting. At the risk of sounding like an excuse, it's really difficult to work all day, and then drive home :confused_smile: (a 45 min. commute) and then drive to Plano- the opposite direction and also about an hour from where I live. Besides.. I can't see to drive very well at night. So there's my excuse.. and I'm sticking to it! :tt1:

What we *really* need is local area support groups! Or is there one already established in the Rockwall/Heath area?

Stephanie, I know that no matter what anyone says, that fear of the anesthetic will persist, but hang in there. Everytime I've had to have surgery and was put to sleep, one of the last things that crosses my mind too, is "What if I don't wake up? What if this is the last time I'll see my family?" That's a very rational, and I think probably everyone feels that way. Yes, it's a scary feeling. And those things DO happen, but just have faith that everything will be fine and we'll be here waiting to hear all about your experience.

Here at work checking my emails and reading posts. My shift is almost over, thank goodness. I am so tired. Didn't get to sleep much yesterday after getting off work. I have one more night to work, then my weekend starts, yay!!!!!!

Next week is a very busy week for me. I have several things going on Tuesday and then work. Wednesday I have to meet with surgeon at 11am, then back to Waco for a nap, then work again. I am scheduled Thursday night, but may have to get someone to work for me or call in, bc my surgery is Friday. I don't have a time yet, but are most surgeries scheduled early?

Everything happening so fast and I am trying to fit this in and around my busy schedule. I don't want to put it off bc I am hoping to feel pretty good for my 40th bday in July. My work schedule has been made out for weeks so it is difficult to change things around, but it will all work out. I have a few co-workers that are willing to lend their support in every way.

Heck I will be so tired by the 30th they may not even have to give me anesthesia, LOL!!!! I will just pass out on my own.

I haven't gotten my Optifast yet, but since it is coming up so fast I bought some Protein Drinks to sip on while here at work, along with crystal light. I am so hungry, but distracting myself makes it a little easier.

Drifting off, gotta get back to the grind.

Stephanie---waco,tx

Stephanie,

I always like it when it is fast. No time to get nervous! Sounds like you will welcome a little nap come the 30th! Just so you know, the surgery center usually calls you the day before with the time for surgery. In most cases, they will want you here between 6a-8a.

I am so excited for you!

Cynthia

Hello everyone,

I had my surgery yesterday and everything went great. I am in a lot of pain on my left side and my back today. I had no gas pain, which is good I guess. I am sipping liquids but not much. I feel like I should be walking around much more than I am, but the pain is preventing me from getting up.

Cynthia,

How Long Does It Take To Get The Optifast? Mine Was Ordered Wednesday And I Haven't Received Yet. I Have Been Doing My Own Liquids For The Past Day And Half. Feeling So Hungry. I Was Told To Start When I Receive The shakes, But Started Something Since My Surgery Is Next Week.

Stephanie

Stephanie,

Call the office on Tuesday 972-792-2799 and talk to Laura or Tracy. You should have received it on Friday. Just stay on what you are doing (as long as it is low carb, high Protein like Isopure or Slimfast, etc) and we will get it figured out on Tuesday. Hang in there!

Cynthia

Hello everyone,

I had my surgery yesterday and everything went great. I am in a lot of pain on my left side and my back today. I had no gas pain, which is good I guess. I am sipping liquids but not much. I feel like I should be walking around much more than I am, but the pain is preventing me from getting up.

My best advice for the pain is not only to walk but to stay on top of your pain meds (liquid tylenol). When you let the pain become too much to handle it is really hard to get it back under control. I think I stayed on pain meds for the first 4 full days and then a few nights just at bedtime. Everyone handles pain differently....but let your body heal at it's own pace. Listen to your body...it will get better and better each day. Hang in there!! We are all here for you if you need us!! This was my first surgery EVER....and I had no idea what to expect and this site kept me informed with people who had gone through it all before me. It was a blessing to have them for advice along every step of the way. As you can see....it is now many pages of posts and comments...so when you get some free time, start at the beginning of this thread and read all the info from our experiences. It may be helpful to know that some of us felt the same way that you do now.

best wishes on your journey!!!

Stacey:thumbup:

Edited by tweenwaters
spelling

Hello everyone~

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing. It's hard to believe that it's already been 4 months since I got my band. In some ways, though, it's been the longest 4 months of my life. It's almost like a roller coaster- there's times when I feel on top of the world, and other times where I'm not losing as fast as I want to, and start feeling down and depressed. Sometimes I feel like I'd give *anything* to just gobble down a whopper, fries, and shake. I start thinking about all the things I've had to "give up". Those are the times where I need someone to say "wow.. you look like you've lost weight!". So.. I come here to this site and it always makes me feel better. It puts me back on track and makes me remember why I'm doing this.

Stay in touch, all you TLCEdgers.. we need each other for help and encouragement. You just never know when something you post will be exactly what one of us needs to hear on that particular day! This isn't easy, and anyone who thinks it will be will be very disappointed. It helps to see others here who have lost so much more than I have, and even much more than I even need to. It makes me realize once again that I CAN do it!! We ALL can do it! <hugs>

Didn't get to have my surgery as planned but will reschedule soon. My fiance and I were on our way for my consult two days before my scheduled surgery and his car decides to fall apart. The mechanic said if we had been on the highway we would have either been in one heck of an accident or been killed.

After hearing that, I took that as a sign it wasn't mean to happen that week. I have always believed things happen for a reason and it just wasn't my time to have this surgery. But I plan to reschedule in the next few weeks. The timing will be much better.

I will be 40 July 9th and this surgery is my bday present from my fiance. I can't wait.

Didn't get to have my surgery as planned but will reschedule soon. My fiance and I were on our way for my consult two days before my scheduled surgery and his car decides to fall apart. The mechanic said if we had been on the highway we would have either been in one heck of an accident or been killed.

After hearing that, I took that as a sign it wasn't mean to happen that week. I have always believed things happen for a reason and it just wasn't my time to have this surgery. But I plan to reschedule in the next few weeks. The timing will be much better.

I will be 40 July 9th and this surgery is my bday present from my fiance. I can't wait.

Holy cow! You are so lucky that you both were not hurt or killed....how scary!!! I'm so sorry for your situation and know that you are anxious to start your band journey. Rest assurd, wewill still be here to support you and help you with questions or input via our own experiences when you are ready for your band. I plan to check in here on this link weekly for the rest of my LIFE. It has been soooooo helpful to me.

best wishes!!