Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you feeling today after your fill? I'm at 6 cc's and really can't tell much difference from the first fill. The mornings I have some restriction but right now I'm really hungry and just had an Optifast. How many Optifast should I be having per day.....3-4? I'm planning to stick to just liquids until Monday. I'm sure it will get easier each day but WOW...my stomach is growling!!

Dianne

I live in Red Oak

This is my first fill and it was a cake walk. It still amazes me what they can do from outside my body with just a syringe full of Water. So far, I can feel a little more restriction.

Well I can tell a big difference with my second fill from my first. I am at 6.4. I stayed with Protein shakes and Soup this weekend. Friday and Saturday I was thinking I might need to go back and get some removed. I got stuck bad on Saturday, It was horrible. Don't want to do that again. Then it hit me. With my first fill I thought I was eating slow, but I really do not think slow enough. Now with my second fill, I have to eat real slooooow. Or I get in trouble. As you know the scale has just not wanted to move for me after surgery. WELL I got on this morning and 3 lbs down. You would have thought I lost 50. So I have decided I am going to stick with the 6.4 for now and see what happens. I drink my Water with the Protein bullet mixed in with no problems. Had my shake this morning on the way to work. That was 2 hours ago. My hope is back. Maybe this will work. When I see the lbs's drop it sure makes me feel like getting with the program more. I think I will go walking at lunch. I know I am eating less. But still havn't figured out if it's because I feel full or I start to fell pressure and i'm scared I will get stuck if I eat more. Have any of you felt this way.

Cowboy glad to hear you are doing ok with your first fill. I waited 3 weeks after my first fill to have my second. I think I called in for an appointment 2 weeks after.

I am soooo happy today. Doesn't take much.

Dianne

Dianne...that is WONDERFUL!! Congratulations!! That 3 lbs is just the motivation you needed to get you off the plateau. I'm only at 6 cc's....and start mushies today. I'm worried about getting stuck as well....it HURTS and it's scary. My friend who was banded in December has let me borrow her tapes and DVD's for an exercise program that she does at home called TTAPP. You can google it and see if it is something you might be interested in trying out yourself. The movements are LOW impact, and no hand weights are used.....just your own body resistance. Check it out....I'm going to order my own set of DVD's next week.

Again....congratulations!!!

one more thing....

remember that this process makes us change our old habits of eating out of boredom, or for comfort or just because the food is there. So if you think you've had about 1/2 cup or so of your meal....stop and wait it out. If you are still hungry, really truly hungry...then go back and have a little bit more. If you walk away fromt he table for 30 minutes and feel satisfied (not stuffed)....then I'd say try to hold off for a couple hours and then have another small meal after 2-3 hours. This is supposed to get our metabolism really working and burning fat. Hope that helps a little bit.

Edited by tweenwaters
needed to add something to answer last question....

Stacy: I do try to eat small meals. But I think I was just able to eat to much. Even though I was eating less than I did before surgery I still think it was to much. I am hungry now, but I am waiting till 11:00 and I am going walking before I eat my lunch. Boy I hope I do not get stuck again. I thought I was dying Saturday anD that was with Soup. When I read on this site with others getting their fills. I really think George does an excellent job.

Dianne

Dianne

I know what you mean.....before this fill, I was STARVING all the time, especially in the late afternoon evening time frame. With Easter, I totally blew it and got into my kids Easter candy a few times and then felt soooo guilty about breaking my diet. I've gotten stuck on tortilla Soup .... the chicken pieces were too big. And that was 5 weeks after my first fill. I'll be sticking to thin soup without lots of chunks....though I LOVE all Soups and chowders. Have a great day and enjoy your walk....it's nice and cool over here. I thought it would be mid 80's and HOT but it's still really nice. We're planting some flowers in our front flowerbeds today....my back will be sore tonight.

I'm scheduled to have my band with Dr. Kim on April 17? How is he as a person and doctor? I've met a lap band surgeon before and he was not too nice/friendly so I was turned off.

I'm scheduled to have my band with Dr. Kim on April 17? How is he as a person and doctor? I've met a lap band surgeon before and he was not too nice/friendly so I was turned off.

You will love Dr Kim. I took my husband with me when I had my first visit with him. Before I went to him I was really scared I was about to make a decision I was going to be sorry for. The money because I was self pay and what was I doing to my body. But after to visit with Dr Kim I felt so much better and my hasband was also very happy with him. He is great. I do not know of anyone who had Dr Kim that has not been totally happy with him.

Keep us posted on how you are doing. If you are having your surgery on the 17th, you have already started your Optifast diet.

Dianne

I had my sugery 3 weeks ago and I was very nervous because I did not know anyone who had used Dr. Kim, but after I met him and talked to more people I felt really glad that he was going to do my band. He has quiet a bit of experience and a really good bedside manner. You will like him!:thumbup:

Hi, all you TLC guys! Glad to hear you're all doing well. George did a small fill for me last Thursday, the day before I flew down to New Orleans for the weekend. Wow.. I had a real struggle all weekend eating ANYTHING. Ended up eating baked potatoes and mashed potatoes. Grits for Breakfast went down too, but gee whiz... I can't live like that forever!! I'll NEVER lose weight if all I can eat is the carb soft stuff. *sigh* Since coming home I've tried to eat the way I should but this is proving to be more difficult than I thought. It seems the BAD stuff goes down a lot easier than the good stuff.

Sorry .. just venting here! I'm frustrated!! Not giving up though! Me and my scale are having an argument every day. I say I've lost- it says I haven't.:huh2:

Dianne, congrats, girl!! You're doing good! It doesn't take much to make us happy, does it? *lol*

:huh2:

Hi, all you TLC guys! Glad to hear you're all doing well. George did a small fill for me last Thursday, the day before I flew down to New Orleans for the weekend. Wow.. I had a real struggle all weekend eating ANYTHING. Ended up eating baked potatoes and mashed potatoes. Grits for Breakfast went down too, but gee whiz... I can't live like that forever!! I'll NEVER lose weight if all I can eat is the carb soft stuff. *sigh* Since coming home I've tried to eat the way I should but this is proving to be more difficult than I thought. It seems the BAD stuff goes down a lot easier than the good stuff.

Sorry .. just venting here! I'm frustrated!! Not giving up though! Me and my scale are having an argument every day. I say I've lost- it says I haven't.;)

some good soft Proteins are cottage cheese, scrambled eggs or an omelet, cheese, yogurt and also....tuna, any softly cooked seafood really... I've also really relied on the 42 gram Protein bullets that I add to my 1 liter Water bottle. It helps soooo much. The band does make us give up the carbs eventually...all part of that "life-style change". No more breads, rice, Pasta...all the stuff I used to LOVE and can no longer tolerate or I get stuck. But the weight is coming off and that was my goal....it's a small price to pay (giving up the carbs) to lose the weight and get healthy. Hang in there....it will get easier.

(You're Stacy, right?) Thanks for the encouragement!! One big problem: I HATE seafood! I would have a lot more choices if I didn't, but I can't even stand the smell of it. (Tuna now & then, but not even much of that.) I've been reading about everyone trying those bullet things- I'm going to run over to GNC today and see if I can find some. I've been drinking Crystal Light and have read that some add one of the Protein bullets to that. Worth a try. I had a Nancy's Quiche about 8:30 and I'm already hungry. No more breads, rice, and pastas? ?? *LOL* Those were my complete diet! I can't tolerate bread much now but Pasta and rice don't seem to give me much trouble. I'm still on the "learning curve" with this.

Hi Pat!

Yes...I'm Stacey:)

breads are my FAVORITE food...but now with 6 cc's in my band, they get stuck too often for me to want to keep indulging...it's not worth the pain! I've had a couple bites of Pasta here and there b/c I LOVE it....but also know that it's part of the bad habit that I know I need to break. The band is not the "miracle" sure to weight loss.....we have to still change our old, bad, eating habits. It's definitely a learning process for all of us:)

I buy the 42 gram New whey Protein bullets from the Vitamin Shoppe.....haven't tried GNC yet to see if they carry them or not. This is what works best for me....try it or change it to your liking...whatever works best for you:)

1 liter spring Water bottle

1 Protein bullet (42 gr)

1 packet of crystal light lemonaide

~shake well & enjoy!!!

I put my Protein bullet in by Propel. It already has flavor plus the Propel has some Vitamins. I told George what I was doing and he thinks it's great. One bottle is 16.9 oz, So I drink 4 a day. There is 25 cals in each bottle, but I get it down much better than Water alone. With the Protein bullet mixed in I really do enjoy the taste if that makes sense. I am having problems finding a Protein shake I like. I got a case of that ESA AdvantEdge from Sams. I did not like it at all. I had no problems drinking the Optifast But I am out. I am still having trouble eating a number of things after my 2nd fill. I eat 4 or 5 bits and I am done. It's really not a full feeling, it's a feeling if I keep going I will get stuck so I stop. bread and Rice is a big NO NO for me. Now I can eat a little Pasta. I have not gotton back on the scales for a couple of days. I am trying to stay off till Saturday. I know that crazy, but I want to see if I can get excited again. I was so down on myself since surgery, because I just was not loosing anything, and then 3 lbs went so fast after my 2nd fill. I am still so damm excited. I am going walking again today at luch. The sun just came out.

I am so glad we have this site. It really is the only place I reallly post at.

Dianne