Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi eveyone....how ya doin? I've been struggling with my diet since returning from spring break. I think I got a little "cocky" from losing weight over vacation...that I kept eating whatever I wanted once home! It caught up with me and I regained the weight I had lost during our trip. I was supposed to have my 2nd fill two weeks ago on March 27th and had to cancel....so today was my 2nd fill (6 weeks from my first fill....and 11 weeks post-op).

surgery~ 2.4cc in 10cc band

1st fill~2.6cc total 5cc

2nd fill~1.0cc total 6cc

Went well today. Had the fill done with George at Prestonwood. He said that I could come back as early as 2 weeks...but made an appt for the 6 week mark. I'm hoping to really see some progress with this fill....and drop. I turn 40 at the end of this month and REALLY want to reach the goal I set for that.

Dianne....hope your fills goes well for you today!!

"T"....how are you feeling?

Stacy good to hear form you. I have been thinking about you today. My appointment for my second fill is at 3:30 this afternoon. I have not been loosing any weight. I am getting so disappointed. But I keep thinking is I can get the fill right maybe then I will start to loose. I think I am at 5.6 now. So we will see how much George puts in this afternoon. I will keep in touch.

How is T doing. Have not heard from you in a while. Don't forget us.

Dianne

Hi Tweenwaters, we must have just missed each other today. I had my second fill by George at Prestonwood also this morning. I think I was his second appt. Sure hope this makes a difference. I had very little restriction up until now. Good luck!

George must be the roving fill guy. I am scheduled to get my first fill, from George, today at 4:30. I am glad some of y'all have written about your fill experiences, sounds like no big deal

LOL.. yep, he'll be in Duncanville next week. He does travel from place to place, but he's good. My fill was a little painful because my port has moved a bit, but he said it was still ok, just no sit-ups for a while. He didn't have any trouble finding it and doing the fill. The first fill takes a bit longer than others, because he really walks you through it and explains things. You'll like him!

Pat I forgot you had your surgery the same day as I did. I am getting my fill this afternnon in Duncanville. It's so much easier. Sure hope this second one works better than my first one. Do you know how much you have in your band now.

Cowboy where do you go to get your fill today.

Dianne

Hi Pat....I had a 10:30 appt...but got there @ 10:00. It would have been nice to meet you today....so we could put names and faces together. Was this your 2nd fill? How are you feeling? I'm just hoping that I can reach a good level of restriction before the 6 months of free fills is up. It feels good right now....just sipping my Water bottle takes time....no gulping here!

Good luck Dianne & Cowboy!! Looking forward to hearing from you and how your fills went.

How did everyone do today with George? I was there before 8am because they kind of squeezed me in to get my fill. George said my port had slanted a bit, which might be why it has been bothering me. He said no more ab-roller for a while to give it time to heal.

It would be nice to meet you, too, Dianne! Do you attend any of those TLC meetings? I haven't yet.. they're all too far from me.

I still don't feel very restricted. *sigh* I'm always one to "push the envelope" just to see what will happen, and didn't have any trouble with dinner. Guess I'll go back to see him again in a week or two. Let me know how you guys are doing! Yes, this was my second fill.

I wonder how "T" is doing too..

I don't feel much restriction either.....but I'm sticking to just liquids for the weekend in hopes of dropping a few pounds. I need to finish these Optifast shakes anyway. The mornings are better....feel good restriction but by afternoon...I'm starving. George said to give it 2 weeks and if I need another fill....to call and come back in. I'm at 6cc right now.....How about everyone else?

My fill yesterday was a piece of cake. Much better than the first one. Just knowing the process helps. Sure like going to the Duncanville location about 2 miles from my house. I will also say TLC had their act together yesterday. There were a number of people there getting fills. I am now at 6.4 in my band. I can tell the difference with this fill now, let just hope it stays. I am having to sip my Water. I am also staying on liquids as well till Monday. Maybe this fill will work better for me. I ahve finished all my Optifast, but I did fine a Safeway shake with 20g of Protein, only 12 carbs and 170 calories. Got it at Tom Thumb. It's really not that bad.

Pat I have not gone to any of the TLC meeting. It's a long ride for me. I have gone to one dinner over in Arlington, which was fun. Missed it for March.

My appointment yesterday was at 3:30 I almost waited to see if I could meet Cowboy I know his appointment was at 4:30.

I told George yesterday I was really getting disapointed because I really have not lost any weight since surgery. He suggested I start a journal and write down everything I eat and I must get on an excercise program even if it's just walking. Just make sure I break a sweat. So we I got home I took my dog for a walk for 30 min. Or should I say my dog took me for a walk. I really do like George, I really get the feeling he really want us loose the weight.

Keep in touch.

Dianne

I'm glad your fill went well. The journal really does help...IF...you write down everything. It does help the folks at TLC figure out what changes we could make to help the weight loss. Sometimes it's just a simple change, like not eating past 7 pm....or it could be to increase the Water throughout the day. Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.

This morning, my restriction is pretty good....took about 20 minutes to drink an Optifast shake. A friend of mine who got banded in Dec...suggested drinking something HOT in the mornings once we move on the solids again. She & I have both experienced getting stuck & slimimg early after our fills....and I don't want to do it ever again!! Not pleasant. I love the New whey Protein bullets in my 1 liter water bottle with 1 packet of crystal light. It really helps me get in both my Water & my Protein.< /p>

Hi Guys...

Haven't checked in with you guy since before my surgery. I had my first fill with George last Friday. I had all of my fill that comes with surgery removed the day after surgery due to nausea. George decided to go easy on me with only a 3 cc fill since I had so much trouble early on. He was really nice. I saw him in the Irving office. I think I'm going to need more than 3 ccs total to have this band really work for me.

Has anyone been to the Irving (Las Colinas) office? I felt like a novelty over there. Lots of people in my room observing and giving input. However, everyone was really nice and encouraging.

I get my next fill at Prestonwood in 1 more week. I'm excited.

So far, 20 lbs down. It's a slow go for me, however, I now eat low carb and it helps the scale go down for me. Before changing to low carb, I was gaining rapidly. Hopefully, the loss from the low carb will stay off (with the help of another fill).

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I haven't been to the Irving office. Hurst or Euless (can't remember) for my first fill and then Prestonwood yesterday. I'm planning to keep going back to Prestonwood for my fills....even though it's a 45 minute drive each way. Oh well....

You will find a good fill level soon....it's not supposed to be a quick fix to rapid weigh loss.....slow and steady wins the race. I'll agree that changing our bad habits and making better food choices will help the scale move much quicker and keep it off. The band is just a tool....we have to make permanent changes to how and what we eat to see the results we want. It's certainly not the easy way out....it's HARD. I'm so excited to dream of reaching my goal though....I've never felt that it was possible before the band. I've already moved down a couple clothing sizes and that helps with motivation a lot.

Good luck to you and check in here on this thread from time to time and let everyone know how it's going:)

Everyone was right George is pretty cool. He goes to 4 different sites to do fills. I really liked how he explained everything and with the cold spray I never even felt the needle go in. Strangest sensation was when he filled band then had me drink Water, then he unfilled it and stuck feeling went away.

King- it would have been good to meet you to put a face with the name. I had never been there before and when I introduced myself they said "Oh Cowboy" I just thought it was 'cuz of the hat, then later they told me you told them I was coming.

Thanks

db

Cowboy:

Yep, I joked with George and told him to be good with you. I knew he would, but I was just playing with George. Told him we spend the day talking about him. Hope you do well with your fill. Maybe next time we can meet. Sure would be nice. Do you live around Duncanville.

Dianne