Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys,

I wanted to see if anyone has tried the New Whey Protein bullets yet...they have 42 grams of protein in 3 ozs. For me...they help tremendously! I take a 24 ounce water bottle, drink a little to make room for the 3 oz protein bullet. Pour the protein bullet into the Water .... you can add a serving pack of crystal light if that will help you. The protein bullets are flavored.....I've tried the blue raspberry, grape and fruit punch. Getting in the 42 grams of protein this way....just sipping my water throughout the afternoon....helps me so much. I hope you will benefit from this too:) Let me know what you think. I've found these protein bullets at the Vitamin Shoppe....I think they are @ $4 each...maybe a little less. The box of 12 was @ $35. Hang in there T & B....we're here for ya when you need anything. The mushie stage was the hardest for me....I gained some back during that time. Be careful....try to stick with any Liquid Protein source that works for you...it will fill you up and help you over come the hunger. Best of luck....you can do this!

Hi everyone: Sounds like everyone is doing great. Sorry I have not posted in a while. Been busy with my husband, He is having some health issues. My first fill has not helped me much. Have not lost much weight, but I can say I have not gained either. I am ready to call and ask for another fill. I know my biggest problem is not walking. I need to kick myself in the butt and get with the program. Now the weather is getting better, I am going to try and walk on my lunch hour.

I have heard before "Whey Protein Bullets" are good. I need to go get me some. So Tweenwaters you are drinking one a day?

Everyone is doing so good, I'm jealous. But don't worry I have not given up. I think I will call today and see if I can schedule a fill.

Dianne

I also have a question. If any of you need to call TLC what phone number do you use. The only number I have is Cynthia O'Kelly's phone number. Dianne

I call TLC at 972-792-2799 requested a fill and they set me up for my second fill on 4-3-08. Very easy. They will not schdule a fill appointment until 2 weeks have past from your last fill. Which I am just a little over the 2 week mark. Sure hope this fill will help me.

Dianne

Hey Dianne....so good to hear that TLC will let us make the next fill appt at the 2 week mark instead of waiting 4 weeks. My 2nd fill was supposed to be this Thursday but I had to reschedule b/c I had already agreed to sub for a teacher at my kids school that day. My 2nd fill is on the same day as yours....4/3/08. I'll be heading back to Prestonwood for this one though....how about you?

I do not have a Protein bullet every single day....but I really should. During our road-trip over spring break....I brought 7 with me and only used 4. They really do help me a lot though. Hard Proteins (chicken, hamburg) are not easy for me to get down....they hurt. I've been eating a lot of cottage cheese, yogurt, eggs, seafood (scallops are my fav)....hope this helps with some protein options. I am also still trying to finish off the last case of Optifast shakes. I need to be more consistent at having one @ 8 or 9 pm.

HI Tweewaters: I am so happy you are doing so well. I really have not lost any weight since surgery. But I have not gained either. My first fill has really not helped me much. I still fight being hungry most of the time. I still have about 4 Optifast left, but they will be gone this week. Someone told me about a Protein Drink at Sams I am going to check out. I also have been eating fish. I think my biggest fault is not walking. I just have to make up my mind to do it. I know if I get going with loosing this weight I can stay motivated, but right now I am just mad at myself. Maybe this second fill will help. I am going to go back to the same place I went for my first fill. It's so close to where I live it's hard to give it up.

Stay in touch.

Dianne

Dianne,

I'm sorry your husband is having some health problems and pray that he will get well soon. The added stress from worrying is probably not making this new way of living any easier on you. I lost 14 during my pre-op diet...and the rest has come off in a kind of yo-yo-ing pace. A key to success in the weight loss (for every diet I've ever been on) is to get your fluids in each day. That is why I love the Protein bullets....b/c I can get in both the Water and the protein. Although I have yet to get in ALL my water each day....I try to hit my goal of at least 60 ounces each day. We walked and hiked a lot during my kids spring break....so I'm guessing that is why the scale was cooperating with me when we got home:)

Hang in there Dianne....it takes different fill levels for each of us to get good restriction. You want them to be aggressive with your fill but also careful not to be too tight and end up in the ER for an emergency unfill.... George is GREAT at what he does....so just put your trust in him to help you reach a really good amount in your band that you are also comfortable with.

take care and stay well....

Stacey

Stacy: Did you not say your fill will be the same day as mine on the 3rd of April. My appointment is in the afternoon. So I guess you will have yours in the morning. Do you know how much you have now in your band. I have 5.6

Dianne

yes...my fill will be the morning of the 3rd. I am hoping to see Dr Kim since it's a Thursday and he will of course be doing surgeries that day. I had 2.4 in my band from surgery and at my first fill George added 2.6....for an even 5cc's. I'm anxious to get this new fill. I've come to accept that my days of eating steak and other favorite Proteins is over....and I'm OK with that. I am happy with my food options right now. I'm sure I will get burned out soon and need to change it up again....but thankfully this forum has so many wonderful links and helpful hints for every stage along the way. Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing. We're all here to support each other so check in when you feel like you need a pep-talk or want to share any success stories.

~Stacey

Tweenwaters, I went today and bought some of the bullets. They only had three choices at GNC, peach, lime and fruit punch. I did not like the peach at all, but I brought it home and figured I'd try to doctor it up. I think I'll add a CL Peach Tea with Water and see how that works for me. Thanks for the tips.

I haven't been on a scale since I got home. Pre surgery I lost 10 lbs. I figure I'll just wait until my followup to find out how it's going. My tummy has started to rumble and I'm definately starting to want more than the liquids so the next 9 days I think will be hard. Especially since I can't hardly stand these Optifast shakes any more.

T

Stacey: I went last night and got me some bullets. fruit punch and Grape. If you drink it stright it's Horrible, Awful, Dreadfull. I got it down but I do not know if I can do this everyday. So now my question is. Did you add it to Water so it was not so strong. I think I am going to try it this way tomorrow. I will say by me drinking it this morning, I do not think I am as hungry today. Maybe it's all in my head. Who knows. I have been trying to decide what shake I want to get. I have been drinking the rest of the Optifast for my Breakfast on the way to work each morning. I only have 2 left, so I need to come up with something. I liked the taste of the Optifast, so I am trying to find something I do not have to fight to get down. Open for suggestions.

Dianne

Dianne & T~

The Protein bullets really help me with the hunger as well. Getting in all that protein!! I have sipped the blue raspberry New whey bullet and thought the same thing as you did....how awful! So YES...I do mix the whole bullet in a 24 ounce Water bottle....I've even added a single serving powdered crystal light lemonade. That worked well but I think just the mixing with water works best for me. The crystal light was even too tangy for my liking.

For a protein drink shake to replace your Optifast....have you tried the EAS carb control shakes? EAS is the brand, but they have several options....I reccommend the "carb control" b/c that is the only one I've tried so far. I like the chocolate best....not fond of the vanilla or strawberry. You can find the EAS shakes at Walmart, Sam's club....pretty much anywhere that has an aisle for diet shakes, bars and other supplements. Let me know what you think.....

Tweenwaters thanks for the tips on the bullets. I mixed it with Water and the crystal lite and it was much better. I still didn't get the whole thing in. I think each day it gets a little better so soon as the swelling is gone I think it will be much okay. It's just that I need to remember it will only be one week tomorrow.

I'm still having some trouble sleeping. I can't lay on my left side and I sleep on my side alot.

Anyway, I went with some of my co-workers to lunch today and ordered a bowl of Soup, I thought I'd be able to eat the broth, but I couldn't get much more than about 3 or 4 spoons down. I just told them I didn't really care for the soup.

I'm looking forward to mushies that's for sure.

Ty

Stacy: Thanks for the suggestions. I will let you know how it works mixing with Water. I am ready for my second fill thats for sure. I have been walking in the evening with my dog which both of us are enjoying.

Tex: I know what you mean about waiting for the mussy stage, But get ready. For me the mussey stage was the hardest for me. You will start to heal and the hunger comes back. I was told by TLC when the hunger starts to set in you know you are healing well. Which is a good thing, but then you start to count the days for your fill. Sounds like you are going great.

Dianne