Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Stacey,

I could have written that, but couldn't have said it better- it's exactly what's been going on with me. Now you've given me hope that I'll do better after this next fill. It really sucks that George isn't available at Prestonwood more than just a few days a month.

I hate the fact that I don't have more willpower. I eat stuff, knowing I'm not supposed to... then regret it and wish I hadn't. I paid good money for this surgery, and I don't want to fail but it seems like I self-destruct in the evenings. *sigh* I'm not giving up, though! It's just so hard to understand why I'm not losing faster, because I *KNOW* I'm not eating even 1/3 as much as I used to. Wouldn't it make sense that, even if you ate the exact same things you used to, except a whole lot less of it, that you'd lose weight??? (This is just my frustration venting.) I'm really looking forward to my next fill on the 16th.

Hello everyone, I'm Shannon. I have been reading your posts for about a month now. I am set to be banded by Dr. Kim on May 22nd at the Prestonwood Surgery Center. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

Hi Shannon,

Welcome. You will love Dr. Kim. I am 2.5 weeks post op from Dr. Kim and TLC or Prestonwood. They were awesome! Please feel free to email me if you have any questions I can answer.

Enjoy your journey.

Welcome, Shannon! You've made a good choice with Prestonwood! Good luck- you'll be on the "band wagon" in another week! How are you doing on the pre-op liquids? We'll all be here if you need us!

I am doing ok with the liquid diet. 2 weeks is tough, but I am glad I am doing it so I can get my head right. I can't say I have been totally perfect on the liquid diet. Since I started, I have had 1 bite of something, last night it was chicken.

Today is the day that I am sticking to it faithfully.

Well, it isn't a license to "cheat", but I was allowed one regular meal a day as long as it was a low-cal low-fat meal, but that was because I could not tolerate the Optifast and was losing too fast on the pre-op diet (mainly because it was going straight thru me and I was dehyrated!). I dropped 10 lbs in a week, and felt awful. I have a feeling you won't be punished if you eat one bite of chicken! *lol* Hang in there, and it most certainly will be worth it!

Yea.. I'm so excited to be going for a 3rd fill on Friday! Maybe that will give me the restriction I need to get that scale moving again.

I don't post often, but I did want everyone to be aware of the aftercare meeting for May 20th at 7pm at the surgery center. We are doing tips and tricks of the band. I noticed last month that there were alot of questions on how to negotiate life with your new best friend (the band), so I thought it was time to pass on a little knowledge. It should be alot of fun!

Please mark your calendars and plan to come! Will have some recipes as well!

Looking forward to seeing "less" (get it?) of you!

The address is:

6957 West Plano Parkway

Plano Tx 75093

See you there--all are welcome!

Cynthia

I am new to this forum and have enjoyed reading all your posts. Sounds like TLC is a great place to have my surgery done. I have been searching and searching and thanks to all of you, I think I have made up my mind.

Oh, BTW, my name is Stephanie and I am a Registered Nurse from Waco, Tx. I have 3 children, ages 15, 17, and 22. I will be 40 this year and not getting any younger, so getting this surgery will be my gift of improved health to me. I am 5'2" and 205 lbs. My BMI is 37.5 with a BF % of 40. Time to seriously do something. I have tried just about everything out there with temporary success. I am tired of taking pills and eating cardboard tasting foods. I like the idea of being able to eat smaller portions of foods I like. I know the lap band is not a miracle cure and takes time, but I can either invest in myself for the long hall or stay fat and unhealthy for God knows how long. Every year I don't make changes is another wasted. I am ready to enjoy life to the fullest and for no one else but me. It's ok to be selfish, isn't it?

I am glad I found you gals/ guys. I look forward to being able to report back with great results as you all have experienced.

Stephanie--Waco, Tx

Welcome aboard, Stephanie! Have you got a surgery date scheduled yet? You won't regret it!

Update: Just had my 3rd fill on Friday, the 16th. I'm *definitely* feeling restriction now, with 6cc total. Not sure if this is "it"- that sweet spot everyone talks about, but I know that last night was the first time I was able to eat anything solid, and it was still a bit of a struggle. I just had oatmeal for Breakfast and it went down ok, but wow... what a difference! I'm determined to make this work! Now if only the scale would cooperate!!

How is everyone doing? Haven't seen any of our "regulars" post in a while! Come on, guys! We need each other for support and encouragement! :thumbup:

Stephanie;

C'mon, hop on the "Band Wagon" there is plenty of room and lots of good company. There are several people on here that are about a month ahead of me, and reading their posts was way more help than hand outs from doctor's office.

I had my second fill 3 weeks ago and I can REALLY tell the difference. My eyes are still bigger than my stomach (pouch). I keep putting too much food on my plate and then feel "obligated" to eat it all. Old habits are hard to change. But, they are changing, slowly but surely.

I hope everyone else is doing well. I have had to quit wearing most of my wranglers because they have outgrown me (now that's a switch).

O.K. I checked in, where is everyone else?

db

Just wanted to say hello....

I am 4 weeks banded now and healing up very nicely. I have started to begin to eat regular foods again per my doc's advice. Dr. Kim put an AP large band in so it holds 14cc but he put nothing in it during surgery so I think I have entered that period I have heard referred to as banster hell. I am limiting what I eat as I can eat way more than what I feel I should be able to eat. I'm learning, still have not gotten stuck or had any other problems, no pains from over eating etc. He said I could get a fill 4 weeks from last week which should help me limit. My port area is still sore...will that EVER go away?!

I have no regrets and have lost 20 pounds so far life is good. How is everyone else doing?

Hey Cowboy! Congrats on outgrowing those wranglers! You're gonna have to post a pic of those Buns in a pair of tight-fitting Levi's soon! <grin> Isn't it a great feeling to put on something and discover it's too BIG??? Woohooooo!!

Wow, Baggio.. I didn't think anyone was using the 14cc band anymore. I also wonder why he's waiting that long to do a fill. I'm sure he must have his reasons, but.. you'll get thru the bandster hell period. And yes, the port pain DOES get better. From what I've read, most people have more problems with THAT than anything else. I did. In just the last couple of weeks mine has finally gotten comfortable to the point where it doesn't bother me, no matter what kind of exercise I do. So you'll get there. Just try to be patient! (Now I just wish the ugly scars would go away. *sigh* No string bikini's for ME this summer.. *lol*)

Hi Shannon- How are you doing, girl? I know you must be getting nervous- your big day is only 2 days away!!! The last few days of waiting were the hardest for me. Be sure to check in and let us know how it goes, and remember we're here for you!

Dianne... Stacey.....and the rest of the TLC Gang... where are you guys?

41 hours and counting until I go in for surgery. I am feeling very nervous about the whole thing.

Any last minute words of encourgement is greatly appreciated!

I will let everyone know how it goes when I am feeling up to it.

I think I was the most nervous just waiting in the prep area before the actual surgery. Luckily, they gave me the stuff to "relax" me, and I don't even remember the ride to the operating room or anything else until I woke up about "5 minutes later" *LOL* At least that's how it seemed. Be sure & take a small pillow to brace against your tummy for the ride home.

Now here's some realistic info that you may or may not know..

I might suggest (if you don't already have it) that you get some liquid tylenol. I had the liquid hydrocodone, but unless you're in a LOT of pain, that stuff does more harm than good. I did a lot better when I stopped taking that! Each person is effected differently, but it's still surgery, and you'll still feel the effects, no matter what anyone tells you about how "easy" and "non-invasive" it is. I wasn't prepared for how bad I felt because I was led to believe it was going to be a walk in the park. You'll be fine!!

Those may not be the words of encouragement you were looking for, but I wish I had been forewarned about what to expect AFTER the surgery, and I expected to wake up feeling fine and ready to go back to work in just a couple of days. I hope it happens like that for you! Just remember we're here for encouragement and advice (even if it's not what you want to hear! *lol*) anytime!! Good luck, and we're waiting to hear from you!