Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome back, Baggio! Wow.. I stayed home a full week AFTER my surgery. You're doing well to already be back at work. I had a lot of port pain as well- it DOES get better each day. Just be careful for a while straining (like I was doing with my Ab-roller. I thought "exercise" meant just about anything. Found out "no situps!") It caused it to shift a bit and was very painful- stinging pain- when I turned over in bed or bent over to pick up something. It's ok now, thank goodness!

I was on liquids for 10 days, I think, then mushies. Cream Soups were HEAVEN after all that liquid stuff! Dr. Veninga didn't really give me any guidelines- all I had was from TLC, so.. not sure who's instructions you should follow in this case. You might try mushies after a week, and see how you do with that. If you have trouble, wait a few days and try again. Good luck- you'll make it!! We all did!

Thanks, It's nice to talk to others that are a little ahead of me so I will know what to expect. Do any of you use the heb office? I had my firt fill there last Thursday. I know it is a temporary office, but it does not seem too sanitary and I have come down with a staff infection. I am hoping you can let me know where ya go and if it is a little more professional. Leah

That sure doesn't sound good. I've only used the TLCEdge in Plano, and it's a new facility that just opened up in early January. Who did your fill? Was it George? I know he moves around to the other locations. I think Dianne uses the one in Duncanville, but I think that's a long way from HEB. What are they doing to treat your staph infection?

That sure doesn't sound good. I've only used the TLCEdge in Plano, and it's a new facility that just opened up in early January. Who did your fill? Was it George? I know he moves around to the other locations. I think Dianne uses the one in Duncanville, but I think that's a long way from HEB. What are they doing to treat your staph infection?

Yes, it was George and I am not saying that is where I picked it up, but I came down with it a couple of days after my fill, so it makes me a little concerned. Does anyone know how much it cost to go to Dr. Kim's office for fills? My doctor has me on heavy duty antibiotics and wants to see me again in a few days.

Hello all, It has been awhile since I have posted. I had Dr Kim too. Banded on March 20. First fill was today and I am so dissappointed! I am on full liquids but I am starving. I drank my sip a Soup right down with no problem! Shouldn't I have gotten full? I am just so ready to feel some restriction.

I had my 3rd fill today....and finally feel good restriction. It takes a little while to get used to each fill....how much do you have in your band total now? Dr Kim gave me 2.4 at surgery, 1st fill 2.6 added for an even 5 cc's, 2nd fill 1 cc added for 6 cc's, today I had .6 cc added and so far I can tell a major difference. I'm truly hoping this is the "sweet spot".

Now about "feeling full".....is your stomach growling in hunger or is it "head hunger"? That has been a battle of mine, especially in the evenings. I think I'm starving at night....and have to make good choices of what I decide to have. Lately, I've been grabbing a Vitamin Water....it has 125 calories and lots of flavor...it takes the edge off before bed. You seem like you're doing really well with your weight loss....keep up the great work!!

~Stacey

Edited by tweenwaters
spelling error

Hi y'all,

I won't have my first fill until the 20th of this month. I am anxious to get the fill.

Lear, I too am going to the HEB office. I sort of have the same feeling, it's not a place that gives you a lot of confidence. I haven't had anything actually done there yet. Now this makes me a little nervous about it, but I am anxious to get going on the fills.

I don't seem to have a problem eating anything at all. I just have to take my time.

Those of you that have gone before, how long did it take for the port site to get where it didn't bother you?

T

Hi T~

My port site was tender for probably about 6 weeks. It seems that when I went for my first fill....it was still a teeny tiny bit tender.

I went to the HEB office for my first fill.....NOT impressed to say the least. I know it's a temporary location but YUCK. George is fantastic though... I still wanted to have George do my fills, SO I have gone back to Prestonwood TLCEdge for the last two fills. I've had 3 fills since surgery. It's a long drive for me (about an hour)...but worth it to be in a nice facility.

Thanks Tween for the encouragement. Dr Kim put in 2.6 cc at suregery. The weird thing was I asked him at check up what if any did he put in and he said he didn't but when i got my fill yestefday they pulled out 2.6. Anyway they only put in 1.6 yesterday and told me to come back in two weeks. So I am at a total of 4.2 now. Hopefully they will make it good next time because I can down a bottle of Water and no problem. Soup is like nothing. I have a tiny bit of restriction today or at least right now eating mushy canned chicken made into chicken salad. I am just so worried its not going to work. I will be one of "the ones".

Hi T~

My port site was tender for probably about 6 weeks. It seems that when I went for my first fill....it was still a teeny tiny bit tender.

I went to the HEB office for my first fill.....NOT impressed to say the least. I know it's a temporary location but YUCK. George is fantastic though... I still wanted to have George do my fills, SO I have gone back to Prestonwood TLCEdge for the last two fills. I've had 3 fills since surgery. It's a long drive for me (about an hour)...but worth it to be in a nice facility.

Hello, I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way about the HEB office. I had my fill last week and a few days later I had an infection, so beware. I'm not sure I want to go back to any of the TLC offices. Does anyone know how much fills are at Dr. Kim's office? Leah

Hi Gang,

Well, I haven't been to any of the other facilities, but have no complaints with Prestonwood. It's new, of course, so it *should* be clean, anyway.

I've been feeling so down lately because I just can't seem to get a handle on things. I'm not losing like I should, and yet it seems nearly all of the stuff I'm *supposed* to eat gets stuck. The bad-for-me stuff goes down easily. It's frustrating! I don't get full on the bad stuff, so I eat too much.. and the cycle repeats itself. I finally made an appointment today to go see George again next Friday, the 16th, for my 3rd fill. I'm hoping this works for me. Stacey, you're doing good, girl! I'm envious!! How's the rest of you all doing?

They will find your sweet spot soon. It just takes a while. Try and stay positive as this does work, the neat and most frustrating thing about the lap band is that it is so customized to the individual. It may take awhile to find what works best for you but remember they will get there and it does work.

Just a follow up on my surgery. I am two weeks post op tomorrow and only have one more week to go before I can start eating somewhat normally again. I don't know about you guys but the mushy stage is so frustrating. If it weren't for losing a pound a day it would be unbearable. Don't get me wrong it is much better than the liquid only stage but almost a tease to the full diet phase. I would love some chicken breast.

My port area is still really sore and I am still having a hard time sleeping at night but I am much better. I plan to add more exercise next week which should make me feel even better.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Baggie, thanks for your encouragement! I actually *know* all of that- it's just easy to forget sometimes when you're frustrated and feeling a bit down. Thank you for reminding me. Now I know how Dianne felt when her scale stopped moving for a while.

I had to laugh about your comment-"I would love some chicken breast." Afer a few weeks you'll want to SCREAM when you see another chicken breast on your plate. *LOL* I think I've certainly reduced the chicken population by quite a bit!! But I know right now it sounds wonderful to you, and the first few will taste wonderful too. Just remember to take TINY bites, and chew, chew, chew.. and chew some more. Also, make sure it's not too dry- that makes it very hard to get down!

Hi Pat,

I felt just like YOU after my 2nd fill. That month was really hard and frustrating b/c even though I had 6 cc's in my 10 cc band....I was over-eating in the late afternoon and evening hours. Some things would get stuck but only b/c of my carelessness with taking too large of bites, and not chewing well. I went to Prestonwood for my 3rd fill on May 1st and now have 6.6 in my band....and have seriously hit my sweet spot. I've dropped 5 lbs since May 1. You will be amazed that just a little adjustment can do so much.....your third fill will hopefully do the same for you. Hang in there....be sure to get your Water in, don't give in to the head hunger...*my worst enemy*... YOU WILL MAKE IT!!!!!! Thinking of you:)