Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been done!

Im finally banded!! I had my surgery yesterday and this morning, im finally getting around to check in here and let you all know how it went.

Basically, the surgery went fine. But today, I feel like ive been kicked in the belly 400 times. Granted, i DID get my gallbladder removed and had a hernia repaired, So the dr said id be more uncomfortable than normal.

My question it...My dr advised me to not lift anything over 5lbs for 6 WHOLE weeks. I have a 3 month old and a 2 year old who still need to be lifted. Did any of your dr's say this to you? And if so, how did you cope? Im nervous mostly about this.

Congrats and welcome aboard the looser's train! My doctor said no lifting more than 10 lbs for 2 weeks . . . but you had a BUNCH more stuff than I did . . . I have 2 grandkids living with me (2-1/2 and 1) . . . so I know your problem . . . but I have others around so I don't have to lift them. TAKE CARE . . .

Chris

My info says nothing heavier than 15 pounds for 3-4 weeks. I also have a 11 month old and a 3 year old. It has made it tough not to pick them up. I do have DH to do the lifting for me so if you can find someone I would do my best to follow orders.

I remember when I had all my c-sections I was told nothing heavier than the baby for 6 weeks, so I can see the time limit your doc gave you. Did you ask him about your 3 mo old. My guess is he would give you better advice. My doc said that if I HAD to pick up my baby to make sure that I used my legs only and not to walk with her.

Not a lot of help, but I am sympathetic and supportive, if it's any comfort.

If you had basic lapband surgery then lifting 10-15pounds should be fine but you had hernia surgery also which most likely they repaired the adominal wall, which lifting stuff will push into the wall

Twilight, Yeah, I have my husband home helping me..for now...

Ants...I didnt even think too much about the hernia, i guess thats probably why he's so strict, huh. :)

well, Im feeling much better. Im actually so much more excited about all of this, now that the surgery is OVER. whew..I was mostly stressed out about it. now that its here and done with, Im pretty pumped about whats to come! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches