Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody recently post op and healing?

Hey! I just got my bypass on Monday. Home from the hospital as of Tuesday. I'm pretty much just inside alone and in a lot of pain. I can tolerate liquids but like I don't want to drink anything. I'm making sure I check my clock every 30 min while I'm awake to take something in. I had my first bariatric Vitamin this morning. Felt a little bit nauseous after but took some meds for that.

I feel very lonely right now and I think a big part of it is the pain. It's making me not want to go and walk around my neighborhood. I also am having trouble speaking because my throat is very irritated.

Anyone else feel kind of just like sick and isolated? I hate this feeling so much. Can't wait for it to pass.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am two weeks post op, and I also experienced a lot of pain. I was kept in the hospital an additional day because it raised my blood pressure 158/96. I can promise you that it does get better. I know it is very isolating feeling, but if you cant bring yourself to go outside, just walk a lap or two around the inside of your house, some of the pain you are feeling might be gas related, and the walking will really help get it out. I can tell you, it is going to get better and easier :)

I wasn't given any pain meds. You need to drink drink drink and walk walk walk. You don't need to take Vitamins for the first week and I'm not allowed to take any whole tablet/pill for the first month. I've been dissolving pills in Water. I wish you luck - but I'm also here to tell you that 4 days out I felt like hell and 5 days out I felt much better and on day 6 I felt awesome and walked and walked. Don't stay inside. You need fresh air and sunlight on your face, if only for a short time.

Im on my day 6 today. I was in the hospital for 5 days due to oxygen level dropping down after surgery. Im alright now. On my day 2 I already started to sit n walk . Cos it will help to pass gas out. So u will have less pain. 4oz of shake will make me full. It took around 90mins for me to finish it up. 15ml each time.. i still have a lil bit of pain on my left side. I still cant take capsule Vitamins. Just a small size pill im good. U can try to walk around in your house for 20mins 2/3 times a day.

Thanks y'all. I'm now 8 days post op and I feel a lot better. The pain is almost gone except for some in my lower left abdomen under my largest incision.

The biggest issues I'm having is getting 64 oz of Water in, rapid heartbeat and nausea/pain from Constipation. I'm still working on the water goal, currently able to comfortably get about 50-55 oz a day. And im trying some new meds for the digestive stuff too.

But overall I'm better and these symptoms are manageable so long as I stay hydrated, take the right meds and get some sunlight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app