Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bang Keto Coffee

I saw on a YouTube video someone saying they included Bang Keto coffee in their post-surgery diet. I’m unfamiliar with this product. Does anyone else include it in their daily eating plan?

Edited by AB2B
Wrong post

I was doing Carnivore/Keto diet October through December last year. Lost some good weight. Used MCT Oil or Butter in my coffee to make it bulletproof or Keto coffee. It was just a way to get more fat in my diet, which is useful in keto. The MCT oil sometimes gave me diarrhea.

Don't know what the bang means. I used to have bulletproof coffee for Breakfast. Butter/MCT oil and coffe, blended. Plus all and add-ins like Turmeric and Cocoa etc. May be a good idea for sleeve people, probably a particularly bad idea for RNY.

46 minutes ago, Pollito said:

Don't know what the bang means. I used to have bulletproof coffee for Breakfast. Butter/MCT oil and coffe, blended. Plus all and add-ins like Turmeric and Cocoa etc. May be a good idea for sleeve people, probably a particularly bad idea for RNY.

depends on the person. I had RNY, and I could handle that...

P.S. I just googled "Bang Keto" - it's just a brand name

Edited by catwoman7

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

depends on the person. I had RNY, and I could handle that...

P.S. I just googled "Bang Keto" - it's just a brand name

Absolutely, but I think about half of RNY people would struggle with a large hit of pure fat. I'm a bit scared to try tbh.

We were told not to do Keto because the extra fat isn't healthy, and can cause more gallbladder issues as you are rapidly losing weight.

1 hour ago, lizonaplane said:

We were told not to do Keto because the extra fat isn't healthy, and can cause more gallbladder issues as you are rapidly losing weight.

you're right - Keto isn't the best idea for RNY people. We have a high Protein requirement (well, as do sleevers), and many can't handle large amounts of fat. Plus it isn't sustainable for a lot of folks.

not sure if you were sort of responding to my comment above yours, but I meant I could handle MCT oil or butter in my coffee - NOT a complete Keto diet. For one thing, my protein requirements are even higher than most WLS patients' - 100+ grams a day. It'd be hard to do that - plus Keto - while staying within my calorie range. Plus my pouch doesn't like fat-laden meals.

5 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

you're right - Keto isn't the best idea for RNY people. We have a high Protein requirement (well, as do sleevers), and many can't handle large amounts of fat. Plus it isn't sustainable for a lot of folks.

not sure if you were sort of responding to my comment above yours, but I meant I could handle MCT oil or butter in my coffee - NOT a complete Keto diet. For one thing, my Protein requirements are even higher than most WLS patients' - 100+ grams a day. It'd be hard to do that - plus Keto - while staying within my calorie range. Plus my pouch doesn't like fat-laden meals.

I was referring to OP and keto coffee in general. I had sleeve, but was still told not to do Keto. I do eat some high fat foods like cheese, and as a treat I'll have the sugar free Peanut Butter cups, which are essentially Keto, but I try to keep fat and sugar both low.