Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is UnJury worth it?

I was just wondering if powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is worth the price or if other Protein Drinks are just as good? Also I would like any feedback on everyone's favorite flavors and brands.

Thanks guys!

Surgery Date Jan 7, 2008, Jaime Ponce, Dalton, GA

I ordered Unjury samples first. I just love it!!

except for the chicken broth I think it is too high in sodium.

I have bought other GNC and Vitamin world and the price is about the same as the unjury.

To me it is a good product for the price.

But if there is anything else better and cheaper I am open to suggestions!!!

I think it is. I've tried a few different and Unjury is the best tasting and the most filling. If you average the cost per serving against other Protein drinks, it isn't really expensive. Just a word, though. The unflavored is absolutely disgusting. chocolate and vanilla are the best.

Thanks for all the opinions so far, keep em coming!!:clap2:

Another question about the unflavored. I've seen a lot of comments on it being absolutely horrid. Are you giving an opinion of it on its own or mixed in with other foods???

Again thanks for all the info!!!!:bounce:

I've used the unflavored more than any other. I don't think it's horrid at all. I've mixed it with pudding, mashed potatoes, and oatmeal and couldn't taste it or smell it. I didn't like it mixed with Propel but it wasn't horrid.

I use the unflavored in sugar-free fat-free instant pudding and it's great--I'm even able to double up on the Protein. But I tried the unflavored in a can of soup-to-go from Campbells that was just warm (not hot) and it was nasty!

The chicken broth is okay in a pinch--but I don't find the chocolate to be that great.

I'm sold on the WPI (whey Protein isolate) that I get from Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, books, DVDs & more in chocolate malt and belgian chocolate flavors (and I get them with free shipping and no tax--what more could you ask for?!) Now they taste fabulous, just mixed with Water in a shaker--not even in a blender!

I've been buying 2# containers for $27.99 and just bought a 5# container for $47.90. (and whoa! It came in BUCKET!!!) :)

I think it is worth the price. It mixes in with a spoon and doesn't taste chalky like some Protein Shakes I have had. I mix the chocolate and vanilla with skim milk and the strawberry with Crystal Light lemonade. It is really smooth and easy to drink. If you order regularly you can get a discount on the Unjury website. Every little bit helps. :)

I just tried the strawberry in skim milk for my lunch. It is pretty good. I think I like it better in lemonade but I have to get my Calcium in somehow. I tried the unflavored in oatmeal but it gave it an odd consistency. I just need to experiement a little more with it. It came with a lot of interesting recipes that I want to try.

The best part is that you can stir it with a spoon and don't need a blender.

I really appreciate all the feedback Keep all the replies coming!:)

I was kinda basing my observation that it was kinda expensive based on the "scoops" per container. Looked like there weren't many servings in one container.

I will probably just go ahead and order the chocolate, vanilla and unflavored. The chicken Soup seems to be getting very low marks!

I tried the unflavored first in some cranberry/raspberry juice and I personally don't think it added any flavor, but I agree with the person that mentioned that it smells bad. Actually, I think all of them do if a line of it stays at the top (you know how that happens when you mix powder into liquid).

I tried the chicken flavor and it wasn't fabulous, but I think it was just as good as any broth and has quite a bit of Protein.

I put the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry sorbet in milk (at different times of course) and the chocolate was the only one that I thought, "This is really good."

I got the 5 lb container of vanilla Body Fortress at Walmart for about $36 and it is pretty good. Originally I mixed 2 scoops with 2 cups of 1% milk to replace Breakfast and the only thing I didn't like about it was that I couldn't get all the lumps out. This morning for the first time I started with 1 cup of luke warm Water, put the 2 scoops in and mixed it up well and then added 1 cup of 1%. It was still good and NO LUMPS!!! It kind of has a coconutty taste to it.

I plan to get more of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and now that I see that Amazon has belgium chocolate (from the earlier posting) I'm going to check that out too!