Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am sick of looking for the sweet spot

As you can see from my signature, I have been banded nearly a year.

My dr. doesn't use Fluoro but maybe he should. I know it's a lot more expensive.

For the longest time I have wanted to be a 2.75 in my 4cc band. I have been at 3.0 and threw up constantly. I had 2.5 with no restriction. So last time, after all this throwing up, he was supposed to take some out and leave me with 2.75.

I have had no restriction which I thought was strange. I called to get a fill

and it took nearly 2 months to get in. Today I get my fill and he says

I only had 2.0 in there. No wonder I didn't have restriction. He doesn't think I have a leak. The last time this happened was when he filled me to 3.0 because he thought I had a leak. I had a miserable weekend, and he took all of the 3.0 out and said I had no leak.

This is crazy. I sure hope it's right this time.

I know what you mean Denise. I was banded Sept 6 of this year. I have a 4cc band. I have been filled 3 times already but still am only at 2cc's. My doctor will only do .5 at a time. I have no restriction at all. I don't feel any different than I did before I had the surgery. Very discouraging. I am going to make another fill appt in January. I hope this one works.

I Know How You Guys Feel. I Have Been Banded9/5/07 And A Little Dissapointed With My Outcome. I Just Started Losing Weight After 3 Months. I Don't Know How Much Fill I Have Because My Dr. Don't Tell His Patients. But Just When I Thought I Got My "sweet Spot" I Started Getting Hungry Again. And After Breakfast Time I Could Eat A Piga! What Is The Problem? I Plan On Meeting My Goal By A Year, But I Don't Think It's Going To Happen.

Don't feel bad I've been band sence May and I've had 7 fills and I'm still not losing. Talk about fed up..... I just keep going back and getting another fill I have a 4cc band and I'm at 2.5. I have no leeks my Dr. is just taking things slow. I'm due to go back after Christmas but I'm a bit afraid to get another fill because things are getting stuck very easy. any answers out there????

1.5cc is too tight for me.. 1cc is too loose. But since he won't do little increments, I'm riding out the 1.5cc.. I'm hopeful when I lose some more weight it will loosen up and I'll be at the true sweet spot. For now, it's kind of a bummer.. But I revel in the fact that I hate eating now.

Denise, if it helps it took me forever to get the right restriction. 5 fills and 6 months. I have had probably 12 fills, unfills since I started. Probably more like 16. Good luck.

I think I am finally right. Today was the first day since the fill that I actually ate. I was afraid to try yesterday, because I remember what it was like when I was too tight.

Today I had to eat out with a friend. I ordered a chicken salad. I ate the chicken and chewed very well, and I couldn't have possibly ate any more. I was happy. I didn't get stuck, but I knew not to try to eat any more. It was great!

I hope I can lose the rest of my weight now.