Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets make cookies????

So..... I was with my mother last night ( I am single and she is taking me to the hospital and then I am going to go stay with my parents for a few days) she says.. here is the plan for Monday after your are discharged we are going to go to your sister's and make Christmas Cookies... WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I said.. well mother lets just play it by ear and see how I am feeling...I may just want to go home! Yes this is a busy time of year... but CHRISTMAS COOKIES.......

I suppose I could just sleep it off at my sister's.. but I was like what the heck.....

OMG..... What is your mother thinking??? I have a wacked out family just like yours is........... Just cuz sister wants help with Cookies means mom & you have to tag along... It's surgery people... I tell you now don't over do it and run around that day... Relax and take it easy!!! The smell of cookies alone would make me sick that day!!!! Got to love our "mothers" LOL

i'm not a dec bandster...but i was in october. i would venture to guess that you will EASILY be able to sleep through it. hopefully your family will let you sleep. my doc told dh that i wasn't allowed to lie in bed except at night to prevent clots. so, he kept making me wake up.....miserable.

it is very likely that even if you are awake you may even feel like helping cook the Cookies, but i doubt at all that you will even be tempted to eat one...no matter how good or bad :eek: the smell.

I agree with bandster. When I first got home from hospital, all I really wanted was Water and sleep. My DH got some BBQ chicken and I just slept through that and he was sitting next to me eating it. If he did that today I would bite his arm off with the chicken!!:heh:

Danna

Good lord...your mom must be nuts.What is she thinking? It is surgery, not a fillng on a tooth...good lord...I am so sorry! lol...,sleep during the cookis making or make an excuse BIGGER than surgery to get out of it...lol....good luck...

I'm thinking that you will be able to sleep for most of the afternoon. After I woke up from my 5 hour nap in my hotel room, I was a little antsy though. I wish I would have had something to take my mind off of resting. I needed to move so that I could work out the gas bubbles that were forming and had nowhere to go. Making Cookies would have been alright I think.

I guess you could look at it in the light of (now this is how I would think) it's the first time in a LONG time that Christmas Cookies aren't going to seem very appetizing. Aversion therapy? Maybe it will end up being a good thing??

Try thinking positive. I'm sure whatever happens will be doable. Good luck.

Steph

Sounds to me like you did too good a job convincing your family that this procedure is nothing to worry about. LOL

I think my the time I got done talking to my MIL she thinks it's about like getting a tooth filled. DH had it done 2 years ago, but she keeps worrying that it will be like SIL's open RNY.

How do we get them to that balance? Either they are worried to death or think it's nothing at all. And the ones who are worried think we aren't taking it seriously enough and the others think we are whimps to have concerns. Hoo boy.