Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Release

I saw my Dr this morning and he has released me to go back to working out:clap2: I am thrilled with that news. I lost 21.5 pounds and I could not be happier. He said that I am doing great and that as long as I am not hungry and I am loosing he is not going to even consider filling me.

He told me that some of his patient don't need fills right away....some it may take months and months.....so we are going to see how it goes. I told him I am restricted because I feel it when I am eating. I cannot over eat because it will hurt.

I was thrilled to hear this because I am scared of my first fill because of all of the horror stories written here....LOL

I see him again in two months....so no weighing til then 4 me.....I was glad I did not scale watch these past 4 weeks.....it made it easier to concentrate on listening to my band. The clothes tell the story anyway better than any scale can.

I am definately positive I made the right decision by having this surgery. There is no doubt in my mind at all.

I hope everyone else is having a good week and surviving the midwest ICE storms that we have here. It is so sad.....so close to Christmas and all this devastation around everywhere.

Hugz to all!!

Kristen-

I have been following your results. Congratulations! I am in the same club as you because like you I am feeling restriction. My Doctor told me the same thing that sometimes his patients have restriction just from the surgery and we must be two of them. He also indicated that from his experience that the patients that have restriction right after surgery do very well. So wooo-hooo!

I am very satisfied eating what they tell me to eat. I am not hungry yet and waiting for "Bandster Hell" to start because I now that it will at some point. Unlike you, I am scheduled for my first fill on 1/3/08 but if I am feeling satisfied as I am now, I may not need it. I will let the Doc decide.

Again, great job. You must feel so elated with your weightloss!

That's so great, Kristin! I can hardly wait to get into REALLY working out. I walk for work and sometimes do T-Tapp, but try to keep it pretty simple so I don't hurt anything! Congrats on the loss! That's fantastic.

Unfortunately, I am addicted to the scale and have had to force myself to step away because I do feel that weighing everyday is excessive. I'm doing my best to cut it to once a week. So I'm not weighing until this Saturday, the 15th, because that'll be exactly 1 month from my surgery...and I'll measure, too. I wouldn't have enough control to stay away from the scale for so long. You go, girl. I think the scale has taken place of my food addiction. LOL

I hope I didn't just threadjack. LOL This is about YOU and I am really proud of my fellow November buddy! Keep up the good work!

Thanks Ladies!!!

Holly I have been following you as well, and I agree we may be the only two here with true restriction from just our bands alone.....I am thrilled with that!!

I think you are doing fantastic as well........Steph you too!! I know how hard it is to keep off the scale especially with everyone asking me all the time how much have you lost, like it is suppose to change day to day....LOL

I tell them no idea, ony weighing at the DR. LOL they look at me like I am totally nuts. I just know I have not had the anxiety that I read about here, because I have stayed off the scale.......I too like instant gratification just like the next guy.

I can only hope that things continue to progress in this fashion......I am going to remain positive and believe that they will til proven otherwise.

I am anxious to get into the gym...things crazy next couple of night it will be on Friday night I believe or Sat morning.

Hugz,

Kristin, Congrats on the loss and the restriction. I have no restriction and it is driving me nuts. I am going for a fill on 12/20.

Jill:

If you have lost 23 pounds since 11/20/07 you are doing amazing!!! I would have to say you have some restriction.....or you are eating all the right Proteins....!!

Keep up the great job!