Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I thought I would upgrade my scale - got a Withings smart scale to be able to track my weight/muscle mass/water weight, etc. I hopped on my old scale first and then the new one right after (I only weigh once a week to avoid any mind games) - and the new one is 1.8 lbs higher than the old (on the same flooring and all). I know it’s not a true “gain”, but especially at this point, 1.8 lbs is a lot and it’s depressing to see in Baritastic app that my weight went up a little. I’m so close to my initial goal (which I am thinking of adjusting down another 10 lbs) so it’s really tough. I know, it’s a one time uptick but still, I haven’t had it go in the wrong direction. I’m trying to console myself with the fact that I lost another 4 inches overall from last month’s measurements, but I still hate seeing that gain in the app. I try to keep telling myself all the right things - your weight can fluctuate, it’s not a real gain, etc., but needed to vent and I have no one to vent to here, other than my puppies, and they don’t care, lol.

WOW! Your stats are amazing and congrats on being so close!! And I think I would feel the same way!!

I feel your pain. I got a new fancy scale a couple of months after surgery. The new scale weighs me 6 pounds heavier than my old scale! I then went around the house and grabbed things to weigh, 10 pounds of flour, rice, etc. The new scale was right.....dang it!

Can you calibrate the scale? Use something of known weight (like a 5lb of flour) and weigh it. Then either adjust your scale, or adjust your weight mentally.

My thought would be your old scale was out too. The old rotary type scales do become less accurate over time - dust, moisture, etc.

But if you weigh 1.8lbs more now you likely weighed 1.8lbs when you began so you’ve still lost the same amount of weight. That’s still a win in my books. 🙂

You’ve done fantastically - congrats.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches