Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just need someone to answer this question please about "getting stuck".

Last night I was craving carbs, so I decided that I would try bread for the first time in two months! I ate toasted whole wheat bread with a PB&J spread. I was being greedy and careless, and all the sudden I got the famous "golf ball feeling" that is always being talk about. I couldn't get the bread to go down or up. It just parked itself in the middle, and I had to wait 5 minutes for it to pass.

Today my band feels really tight and I haven't wanted to eat anything. I have been drinking Protein Drinks instead. I was wondering if this "day-after-tightness-feeling" is normal? I suspect that it is, but because I have never had it happen I thought I would check with the experts. (You know to ease my mind.)

If this has happened to you; when did the tightness go away? Did you wait to eat? I will wait to eat until I feel better just to be safe, but if someone could shed some light on this- it would be appreciated.

I've never been stuck or PB'ed but since no one else has answered ...

Most people say they do become irritated after, depending on how bad the episode was, and stick to liquids or soft foods for a day or two after.

Sounds like what you are experiencing is totally normal.

I had one "stuck" episode that kept me on soups/mushes for about 2 weeks. Normally after a stuck or pb, I stick to liquids for the rest of the day and start the next with soft/mushes and see how I feel by supper time. I just try and make sure that I don’t push it too soon.

When this happens I PRIME THE PUMP....meaning I drink Fluid quickly...and alot.

It will spew up -no harm- and may loosen the stuck food.

Has worked for me everytime.

Wow, when I get stuck, drinking works the opposite for me. It makes everything much worse and causes me a ton of pain!

Wow- Be happy it only lasted for 5 minutes. I've had it worse. You feel yucky the next day- but just do what your body tells you to do. You can'y go wrong. If you crave bread in the future- the Hawaiian bread goes down pretty easily. Wheat bread binds really bad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches