Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody not get a tummy tuck?

Curious, has anybody here lost over 100 pounds and not needed plastic surgery aka, Tummy Tuck ? Has their bellies gone back down? Even though I'm 295, my body is shaped very oddly. Most people think I'm about 225 and they say I carry my weight well. It's so evenly distributed, but my waist is 13 inches tinier than my butt. So, I'm just curious if I did get the lap band, and lost over 100 pounds, if it is possible that I may not need a tummy tuck.

Can anybody on here who's lost more than 100 pounds share what their bellies look like now if they haven't gotten a tummy tuck? I know it probably depends on the elasticity of ones skin, etc... but, I'm still curious. Thanks!

I've lost about 90lb, and I dont need one.

Well...... I dont have some washboard 6 pack stomach, I have a poochey bit in the middle - 3 pregnancies will do that for you.

I was also one who people said "oh, I cant believe you weigh that much, you carry it well". I never had a bit stomach, my backside and thighs were my issue, so yes, its possible to have a large weight loss and not need a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

My stomach is rock hard though - I've worked hard on it. Its flat as a board and the muscles are very strong. So clothed, it is absolutely flat, its just the skin on top doesnt look like it once did. But no hanging bits, no really disgusting skin, just a bit "oh.... wish I was young again" if that makes sense.

I reckon 80% of it is running.

About a year after I took up running, I decided it was time to do some basic strength training as well and I was, quite literally, ASTOUNDED by the strength I had in my stomach. I have to weight my crunches etc with a big 10kg weight plate to get a real workout now.

I was lucky though - being tall and having quite moderate babies who were all 7 or 8lb, I didnt get any abdominal muscle separation or over stretching from pregnancy. Many women, no matter what they do are never ever going to get a flat stomach without surgery becuase their muscles are separated and over stretched. I was one of those people who didnt get out the maternity clothes till after 30 weeks.

I asked because i'm built like that as well and don't carry as much at all in my stomach as I do butt and thighs (I HATE MY THIGHS..when I was a normal weight I hated them!!). My baby's weight was moderate too so.. good.....i'm gonna keep on steppin' up that cardio. Thanks.

I haven't had any babies yet, so my belly is chubby of course, but its not sticking out or too flabby. I just wanted to see if its possible to avoid it. It seems many get a Tummy Tuck afterwards. But, I do want to have kids, so I dont I can get a TT if I want to have kids right away.. or maybe that's a myth.

Personally I wouldnt spend the money on a TT right before having kids - you could get a whole bunch of new stretch marks, you've taken a lot of the give out of the skin and you could really undo some lovely work.

Then again it may be fine, but personally, I dont see why you'd risk it.

I wouldn't get the TT until after you have all the children you want to have! That is my own personal opinion though. My luck I'd get a TT and be "FINE" then get pregnant and ruin the beautiful body. Before I got pregnant I was in a size 16 pants at 209lbs. After I had my baby I am down to 206lbs and in a size 18 pants. It seems like you loose your once "normal" shape and your body changes. Keep in mind though I am not an expert on this it is just my personal experience and opinion.

I was 150lbs overweight.. I carry most my weight upper body. My stomach was pretty huge before I started, it's shrinking now, but I can't decide if the last of the rolls I see is skin or still weight I'm going to lose. It is all puckered and weird looking, but.. I don't see me getting plastic surgery for it at this point. I can easily tuck it under my underwear/pants, and I don't feel I have to show my belly to anyone. I do plan to have kids too, so if I do decide on it, it's still years away post-children. If I don't look majorly deformed or have a large pannic hanging down (and it looks like I won't, I think it would have formed by now), I won't be getting a TT.

Don't rush those tummy tucks. I'm sure a lot of it is genetics, but I've lost 100 lbs., rarely exercise and am in my mid-50's. My weight hasn't changed for about 3 months now, and my stomach continues to flatten itself.

Cool, thanks for all the advice!

After watching my friend go through the TT, I didn't want to get one. She was hunched over for three weeks and had drains and crap in... and her belly looked fine before, but it was her choice about it, but now she regrets it because her scar line is really bad, she had issues with it and she's tried covering it up with tatoos and has tattoos all over her hips and lower belly and it looks really bad.. So, if I can avoid it, I will.

Yeah, the scar worries me. I mean, I know in my avatar, my belly looks OK and really it is. But being a bit of a perfectionist, I think lots about a lower body lift becuase I do have a poochy bit of stomach and my backside and thighs are heading south quite alarmingly, lol.

At 40 though, I think I look better than probably 80% of my peers and with the extent of the problem I have, the scar, honestly would be just as bad. And my skin is going to continue to sag and get old faster and faster now, like I'm STILL going to be flabby and unable to wear that bikini in 10 years time whether I do it or not, you know?

If I were 28, I would, for sure. I'd go for perfection. But the huge operation and the scar just arent a worthwhile trade off to me at 40.

Just an update. Went and saw a PS re a breast lift last Monday. Showed him my tummy, he said dont be an idiot. Tummy tucks are serious operations for hanging skin, not tighten ups for perfectly normal 40 year old stomachs. Lol. I always wish I had an apron so I could get that perfectly flat stomach!