Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in 2 days!!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm scheduled for surgery this Monday, Dec. 10! I'm incredibly nervous and excited - I can't wait to be a bandster!! My doc only has me on a 2 day pre-op liquid diet, and I've noticed a lot of people are on a 10-14 day pre-op liquid diet. I will be on liquids for 12 days after surgery as well. I start today! For some reason, I was looking forward to the liquid diet. I think when I have done any kind of "diet" in the past, it was always my decision, and eventually I would give in to my temptations, but just knowing that I don't have a choice in not eating right now will help make it a little easier. Or I'm just being incredibly naive!

I've prepared for this, or so I think I've prepared. Yesterday I went to the Vitamin Shoppe near my house and bought every single appropriate Protein Drink they have. I need 40 grams for liquid diet, and 60 grams when I get to mushies. I'm not sure which one I'll have today. I also went to the grocery store last night and spent $150 on drinks / liquids only. I never thought I'd do that. My doctor said juices are okay, but again based on reading other people's experiences, not many people are allowed juice. I can have apple, grape and cranberry juice - and creamy (strained) Soups, sf popsicles, sf Jello. That will pretty much be my diet for the net 2 weeks along with my Protein shakes and drinks.

I had my pre-op check in with the hospital yesterday, and now I'm just waiting. This whole process went by incredibly quickly for myself - or so it seemed, and I can't believe the day is finally here. I've also gained 4 pounds since I began this process in Oct.! I know,I know - horrible right? I'm planning on keeping myself VERY busy this weekend to distract myself from food. I'm going to get our XMAS tree today and do some decorating, maybe go the movies, get my xmas cards together, etc etc.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to all and wish everyone a very merry surgery this month!! I hope all goes well and I be sure to my post my post-op experience when I'm done.

Have a great weekend Merry Losers!!!

:whoo:

Good luck to you, Michelle! I'm going in tomorrow (Monday) too. I too gained a few pounds between making the decision and going on the pre-op diet. I think that is pretty standard, as most of us do the "goodbye to favourites" thing. I've been on a pre-op for 9 days and so far have lost 9lb! Whoohoo!

Hi everyone...

Good luck to you all who are listed for the band this week, I wish you a speedy and complication free procedure. Take care of yourselves...

I'm listed for Wednesday...nerves are rough right now, trying to get all the Xmas shopping done ahead of time...i'm hoping to be back to work on the following week...we'll see.

thanks and good luck!

Can't wait to hear your experience. I also gained weight, only it was 10 pounds, I can't believe what I was eating. But I have 6 of it off, so that is a start. Like you I believe I am very prepared for this. I have 9 days to wait.

Good luck to all of you going in this week! How cool is this! Yea! keep your chins up and enjoy the ride! I'm going back to work tomorrow . . . was banded last Monday. I'm feeling great .. . and no problems. I hope the same for everyone!

Chris