Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was Your Doc More In Favor Of Gastric Bypass?

Last night at Cracker Barrell I had a barf moment.. I hate these in public also, the noise it makes when I spit into the toilet, it sounds like I'm taking a big crap! I've found a new plan though.. I went to CB bathroom for the 2nd time last night, and 2 ladies went in before me, but the food wasn't going to wait for anyone.. so I took a hand wipe, and spit into that, then put it in the toilet.. so no one knew what I was doing in there!

Wasa- My doc had mentioned to my mom on my last surgery, since the port is between my boobs.. that when I get to my goal, he can take the port out and seal off the tubing. I told my mom I don't have any intentions of doing that in case I need to be adjusted at a later time in my life.. but since you're worried about your port, would your doc not take it out? My doc volunteered this info without me ever complaining about the port.

Last night at Cracker Barrell I had a barf moment.. I hate these in public also, the noise it makes when I spit into the toilet, it sounds like I'm taking a big crap! I've found a new plan though.. I went to CB bathroom for the 2nd time last night, and 2 ladies went in before me, but the food wasn't going to wait for anyone.. so I took a hand wipe, and spit into that, then put it in the toilet.. so no one knew what I was doing in there!

A friend and I went to Mexico a couple of weeks ago and there is this GREAT Italian restaurant in an extremely old building. We went there for lunch and of course, since I was in public and eating I got stuck.

The first thing I do when I go to a restaurant is to know where the bathrooms are. :) So I go in the bathroom cuz I think I'm gonna hurl and I discover there is no door. Instead it's really a short winding hallway. You can't see anything but damn sure you can hear it.

Here I am barfing, sliming, and foaming and trying to do it quietly. I'm pretty sure I didn't as when I came out of the bathroom everyone was looking at me. How embarrassing.

Wasa- My doc had mentioned to my mom on my last surgery, since the port is between my boobs.. that when I get to my goal, he can take the port out and seal off the tubing. I told my mom I don't have any intentions of doing that in case I need to be adjusted at a later time in my life.. but since you're worried about your port, would your doc not take it out? My doc volunteered this info without me ever complaining about the port.

I'd be afraid to do that. Example, if you slip then 80% of the time an unfill and going on liquids will fix the slip. The only way I would ever be able to tweak the fill is surgically. $1500 for a fill is a bit much! HA!

A friend and I went to Mexico a couple of weeks ago and there is this GREAT Italian restaurant in an extremely old building. We went there for lunch and of course, since I was in public and eating I got stuck.

The first thing I do when I go to a restaurant is to know where the bathrooms are. :) So I go in the bathroom cuz I think I'm gonna hurl and I discover there is no door. Instead it's really a short winding hallway. You can't see anything but damn sure you can hear it.

Here I am barfing, sliming, and foaming and trying to do it quietly. I'm pretty sure I didn't as when I came out of the bathroom everyone was looking at me. How embarrassing.

I'd be afraid to do that. Example, if you slip then 80% of the time an unfill and going on liquids will fix the slip. The only way I would ever be able to tweak the fill is surgically. $1500 for a fill is a bit much! HA!

I'm not sure of this but i have been reading about low-profile ports that people switch to.... :paranoid