Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Magic Bullet Recipes

No real instructions, it's small but sturdy. One tip - if it ever out of the blue just stops working, try cleaning the base. Bits can make their way down through the little openings. Good cleaning as in - soak, scrub, and of course thoroughly dry before using.

recipes - I'm usually whizzing some combination of vanilla or choco Protein pwder with fresh fruit, Peanut Butter, sugar free syrups (esp Kahlua flavor), etc.

Outside of band specific use, I use mine for guacamole, homemade whipped cream, mousse, eggs (the BEST omlettes are made with air-laden eggs), Soups, purees, etc.

I am not banded yet, but I just wanted to say, that I already have a Magic Bullet and it is the best invention ever!! :)

Although I use mine daily to grind coffee Beans for fresh coffee - I did use mine to mix the Protein shakes when I was on the "Results!" diet. It seems to mix the Protein powder much better than just using a spoon.

And I also use if for omeletes, egg/chicken/tuna salad, fresh ground herbs and spices, grinding nuts, slushies, and other things that I am sure to be forgetting, but it is a blessing!

If you still have the booklet that came with it, there were several recipes there.

Good luck!

I tried the salsa recipe that is in the book. Yuck! It was very frothy, even after I let it sit around for a while. But, damn does it make an awsome frozen margharita!!! I will never use a normal blender again for a margharita! It really slushes the ice up to perfection! I also love the Walmart brand slimfast (personally I think it taste better than namebrand slimfast) I pour in the chocolate off brand slimfast, but about 10 cubes of ice in and let it go round for about a minute. It comes out like a frosty from wendy's, oh may it is so good! That is usually my dessert!

i just got one for chirstmas... and i tried putting like turkey in it with mayo to make like a turkey salad..... but it wouldnt chop it up like it shows on tv. any suggestions??

i just got one for chirstmas... and i tried putting like turkey in it with mayo to make like a turkey salad..... but it wouldnt chop it up like it shows on tv. any suggestions??

Just use it for shakes, Soups, and eggs. It doesn't work like the infomercial suggests. At least mine didn't.

i use it for chicken breasts...the key is to use the small cup and cut into pieces. the small cup keeps the pieces down close to the blade. i put about 6 pieces cut about an inch square, in at a time. takes just a few short bursts, empty cup and do it again. i add bleu cheese dressing after its all shredded, not in the cup. shred, then empty cup into a bowl, repeat until ready to add mayo or dressing.

I agree with Miztrniceguy! Also, are you using the cross cut blade to chop it. I have more sucess with chopping meat with that blade than the flat blade. I hardly use the flat blade it is more for whipping than choping. I bought mine from ebay, but when researching it I noticed that all the kits didn't come with the same thing, which is strange. I hope your kit came with that cross cut blade cuz it is the best.

The only thing I have noticed when trying to make the egg/chicken/tuna/turkey salads is that you really need something like celery or nuts or something of that effect to jump around in the cup and help mix it all. It seems as if you have something "hard" in there, it will mix better.

Also try only using the cup about 1/4 to 1/2 full.

I know when we grind whole coffee Beans it can't be too full and we have to turn it on and leave it running for about a full minute to a minute and a half.

The flat blade is not only for whipping, but grinding (coffee Beans, fresh cinnamon, etc) The cross blade is what should be used for cutting up stuff like onions or mixing the tuna or making the Protein shakes, especially if you add a couple of pieces of ice. :()

Oh yeah - PS - try chopping the turkey without the mayo first - or use your hands and break the meat into smaller bite size pieces and then add the mayo and other extras to make the turkey salad. That may help too. Good luck!

This is my new favorite-

1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee

1/2 c of skim milk

1/2 cup of almond flavored unsweetened soy milk

1 scoop of Protein powder (vanilla)

I use my flat blade pulsing for about 30 secs.

I put the cup in the freezer for 1/2 an hour

Blend again for a few seconds

Top with sugar free whipped cream

Enjoy!!!!

About 220 calories and you get your protien and your caffeine!

Yummm! That sounds good Trystelle! Will definitely try it ... after many months of wanting one, I finally ordered a Magic Bullet last night! :whoo:

:)I got one for Christmas too!! I was going to save it for my mushy stage next week, as I have been on liquids and using the blender. But I think I will try that tasty drink above in it.