Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second Fill - accidently posted this in oct 06!

I got my second fill yesterday, one week after the first since the first didn't do anything. My doctor allows a bit of tweaking one week after a fill of the first one didn't do anything.

I'm not at 6.0cc in my 10.0cc AP band. They said most people there are between 6.0cc and 8.0cc in this band. I'm on mushy until tomorrow afternoon so it's hard to tell if I have much restriction yet. I just ate one very very muchy scrambled egg though and it seems to have been more filling than I would expect so I'm hopeful!

Even without restriction I've still been losing though so I'm fairly happy. I just look forward to being less hungry when sticking to the band diet. happy.gif

Has anyone else had a second fill or up to around 6.0cc's yet? Also I'd be curious to know how many calories a day you are consuming. I'm keeping my intake at or slightly below 1000 calories.

I have _PERFECT_ restriction! 4 ounces makes me feel perfectly satisfied to stop eating, and I'm staying full long enough. Yesterday I actually had to remember to eat because I hadn't had enough to eat in the day due to not getting hungry. I'm so happy!

:P

That sounds wonderful. I have a 10cc band as well and I have 1cc in it. I will get another fill in 2 weeks. I don't want much more maybe .5 or 1 cc at the most. I have fairly good restriction but I only want to eat 1100-1200 calories. Right now I can eat 1200-1400 calories.

Had my appointment for my 2nd fill today and was denied.

Now I am mad b/c there are days I can eat and days I can't eat. They days I can eat I can eat!!!! I want it like goldilocks JUST RIGHT! :)

why were you denied.

reading about the denials and the limited weight loss of 2 lbs per week is surprising. now, if i could lose 2 lbs a week and still eat, i personally think i would keep it that way, but my doctor's philosophy is that only we know if we are tight enough.

he says some of his patients like to walk around tight enough that they can always feel the band, and as long as they can eat solids and are not having reflux..he lets them. other's want to be more loose, but he leaves it up to them totally.

I've only had one fill so far, 3 cc's in a 14 cc band. I go in next Thursday for a second fill, and can't wait. I'm hungry quite often and am staying under 1000 calories almost every day. Even with this I haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. This is really starting to get to me. I try to eat about 1 cup of food at each meal and if I'm careful about not drinking with my food it will hold me about 3 hours. This is definitely an improvement, but I can't wait until I can only eat 1/2 cup at each meal and feel satisfied. This is where I really want to be.

My doctor also holds to the 2 pounds lost per week means no fill. I figure that if I start loosing again before my next appointment I'm going to wear extra heavy clothing and maybe carry things in my pockets. I'm not going to risk not getting a fill. I live 2 hours away and can't waste the time and gas money to travel back and forth for nothing. Especially since I know that I'm not at my sweet spot.

Here Ye - Nip50.... I will be wearing heavier clothes and stuff so they won't reject me... I know I am not at my sweet spot... NO WHERE near it... And I too have a 3hr drive to get to the doc office...

I go back on the 27th.

Bandster - I've had the flu to the point the called me in meds to stop the vomiting and he felt I should wait b/c of swelling. I've haven't gotten sick in over a week now so I am actually thinking of calling and asking to come back in b/c my next appoint isn't until 1/21. Now that I'm better I'm eating way more than I think so I've started keeping a log to show him. I only have 1.5 in my band and he said that was .5 more than they usually do on the first fill.

Can you believe he had the nerve to tell me to be patient!?!?! lol that 2 a week is good. LIKE HELL!

liziee-i'm so sorry about the flu. did you get a shot? i know that is horrible, and it only makes it worse being banded. i agree with your doc though, in that you want to make sure your swelling goes down.

i mean, i have to be patient, i am exactly 2 months out tomorrow and i am the exact same weight that i was when i went in. but they way i look at it, is i have time. i took the time to heal, now i'm taking the time to get fills, and when restriction kicks in, it's time to kick butt..lol. but, i don't want to risk erosion or anything in the process.

however, my doctor is much more agressive with his fills, i got 6.5 cc's on my first one. so..i think i would be frustrated if i were getting less (by the way, with 6.5 cc's i can easily eat 4 pieces of pizza at dinner...that was my regular amount prior to surgery).

I've had my 2n fill and hardly ever have any restriction at all. Dr left 4cc in my band and fill dr put in 2cc more. Says she will put in 1cc next time. I hope that is going to give me some restriction because my will power, especially at this time of the year is nil. In fact that's why I had the surgery at this time of the year, hoping it would curb my appitite. ha, as if! Oh well, I knew it was not going to be all roses when I went in. Just hate to make that 2 1/2 hr drive in DC traffic for noting! I go back mid Jan I think, we'll see how I do then. :)Laura

Band - You seem to have NO restriction. If I even attempted 4 slices of pizza I'd pay the price. I can do one slice but not the crust and I have to eat slow so I definately have a restriction based on your reports and I was schooled 3 times now by the band b/c I ate in a hurry or didn't chew enough. I have had to learn to slow down which right now is so hard b/c of my job I'm on auto until the holidays are over.

No flu shot. Got one once and will never do again. I'm not big on meds/shots. I take my bc and allergy pill and that is more than enough for me. It wa just a really bad case of the flu that felt like a 7 day world's worst hangover. I think it was so bad b/c as we all know or will learn throwing up/dry heaving with a band is torture!

Its all good now. I ate all last week no problems.

I so wanted to be down 40 by New Year's so I have really been watching, getting in my Protein and veggies. I will take 35 that's 7 lbs and be happy if that's all I can obtain. Baby Steps.

liziee-no i do not have any restriction...none. i think they tricked me. the only time that i have ever even felt my band is when i was eating some tortilla chips. i felt them sitting on top of it.

i would be more than happy with 5 LBS, but i can't even claim victory with that..because i've lost zilch.

Thank you all for responding to this post. I still haven't lost anything but I can feel a little of the feeling of restriction. Certainly not enough because I'm hungry between meals and can eat more than I should be able to at meals.

I still haven't been able to really get the Water thing going on and eating on a regular schedule without any in between is tough. Eating in the middle of the night is still a problem.

On top of all this, I have the ultimate excuse. My faithful companion, my empath cat...my love of my life had to be put down on Saturday. I have had her 20.5 years, since she was 8 weeks old. She knew me so well...and I had to do this for her...so hard. She got old: and in the last week she was unable to really stand on her back legs. She'd fall over if you breathed on her. I still can't believe she's gone. We buried her in a secluded patch in our front yard.

It hurts.