Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I need a fill?

I was banded in Aug and haven't lost a thing. Not one stinking pound. I have two fills and I usually get stuck once a day and have to "spit up" every other day. Because of the spitting up I feel that I don't need to be any tighter. On the other hand I'm not losing any weight. No, I haven't watched what I'm eating and no I'm not working out. I'm eating 1/2 what I used to and not eating a lot of junk but still not eating rabbit food. Advice anyone? I am so sad I put my family into so much debt and I'm not losing.:help::cry

Liz, you truly need to figure out what you want. If you do want to lose weight then you can with the band. First thing I would do is to eliminate sugar, alcohol and carbs. The 2nd thing I would do is to increase my Water consumption. 3rd thing I would do is to walk 20-30 minutes a day. With that being said........if you can eat 1 cup of food that is too much! I eat 2 oz at a time and am full within a few bites. My weight loss is 1 lb a week, 2-3 with good restriction. I would really have an honest dialogue with your surgeon about what you are consuming. popcorn and sugar go down just fine, as does ice cream. Please be honest with yourself and face the lapband music. Good luck. You can do it!

I say NO because of this:

No, I haven't watched what I'm eating and no I'm not working out.

and this:

I usually get stuck once a day and have to "spit up" every other day.

I was banded in Aug ... Advice anyone? ...

Hi Liz,

Don't get a fill just yet. You admit that you know you are not eating appropriately. Get back to basics. One of the hardest things for me to learn was to slow down my eating. I'd PB when I eat too fast even when I have restriction. To give you an idea of what I had to do to slow down. I had a saltine cracker with chicken spread on it. I took four bites of the saltine, making sure I chewed each bite for 20-30 times before swallowing. Then I waited five minutes for the next cracker. This kept me from PBing. Also, in the beginning I used a seafood fork and baby spoon to get appropriate bite sizes.

Here is a link to another post where I posted the band road rules. Give them a read every day and get yourself into the habit of living with the rules: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f15/depressed-43335/index2.html#post598751

You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be fit and healthy. The beauty of the band is that is is always there waiting for you to use it. Today is a new day and you can begin a wonderful new band experience.

You can do this. Use this board and all the experiences out here to help you be successful.

Happy banding,

MMT

Losing weight, even with a band, takes a lifestyle change and a commitment to yourself. You need to exercise (I hate it too, but it's really important) and you need to get on a healthy eating plan of high Protein, veggies and complex carbs (whole grains).

I don't starve and I don't eat "rabbit food". I am losing weight while eating nice, balanced meals. Plus, I get exercise...even taking a walk on a regular basis will do wonders for getting your metabolism boosted.

Good luck, put a game plan in action and that band won't end up being a huge debt for nothing!