Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share your NSVs!

Congrats, Tx!!! That must have felt great! Sometimes fitting into a smaller size is more exciting than seeing the numbers on the scale get smaller. I bet your wife is really excited for you.

Well, I went shopping at Khols... YES KHOLS! I needed to pick up some more long sleeve shirts for work and I thought I would see if I could find any 3X shirts there. I have had no luck in the past. I saw a rack in the Men's section that was 70-90% off. There was only one 3X on the rack and I picked it up. I saw some 2X there as well and at that price... I am talking 2.50-7.00 dollars per shirt... I could afford to pick up some for "when I get there". I know you know what I am talking about. You know you have done the same thing!

Anyway, I just thought I would try one of the 2X shirts on. IT FIT! I then tried ALL THE OTHER 2X shirts. THEY ALL FIT! I then grabbed the 3X shirt and it looked like a gunny sack on me! I had not noticed it since that was all I had to wear and before Sx, I should have been wearing a 5X! I was squeezing into those 4X's.

I was excited on the way home. I asked my wife; "do you notice anything about me? I am not all pissed off." That was the first shopping trip I remember taking with her that I did not get pissed off because all my old sizes did not fit anymore. Either that of they did not even have the fat-boy clothes I was looking for!

Feels good to be so close to the century mark! Oops, that is a scale Victory.

Dude!

That's awesome. I wouldn't want to see you "Pissed Off" LOL!

Thought of you tonight because I was taking a real long walk through the cranberry bogs with the kids and dog and we saw turkey tracks and lots of them. Can you please come up here and get me a turkey? My dog won't...lol!

Cindy

Congrats, Tx!!! That must have felt great! Sometimes fitting into a smaller size is more exciting than seeing the numbers on the scale get smaller. I bet your wife is really excited for you.

Cindy-

The ticker is moving.. congratulations. How are things going for you?

Cindy

I have a cute NSV to share. My just turned 6 yr. old granddaughter said to me today" Grandma you look taller. Now you are straight up and down like me." Made me feel good because she is a little skinny thing. She is the first grandkid to notice and she is the youngest. Made me feel good because I have been plateaued for 4 weeks.

Zippy, your grandaughter sounds too cute! "From the mouths of babes"... Leave it to a child to notice what others don't.

Cindy, I guess I'm doing OK. I have to fight for every single pound. I haven't started excercising yet. I had 2 discs in my neck repaired last year because of a car accident in '03 and even walking gives me a stiff, painful neck. I have an elleptical machine that I will try to use for short periods just to get started. After I had my son 12 years ago and had to lose just 35 pounds, the weight dropped so much faster and I took in more calories. I guess age, a partial hysterectomy, and lack of excercise has put my metabolism into neutral. I thought the weight would come off faster with this band but I'm trying to be patient.

You're doing amazing, by the way. Staying busy with the store must help. I checked it out online. Your shop is adorable! Such beautiful things. I love country stores like yours.

Edited by cindyg1212

Zippy, your grandaughter sounds too cute! "From the mouths of babes"... Leave it to a child to notice what others don't.

Cindy, I guess I'm doing OK. I have to fight for every single pound. I haven't started excercising yet. I had 2 discs in my neck repaired last year because of a car accident in '03 and even walking gives me a stiff, painful neck. I have an elleptical machine that I will try to use for short periods just to get started. After I had my son 12 years ago and had to lose just 35 pounds, the weight dropped so much faster and I took in more calories. I guess age, a partial hysterectomy, and lack of excercise has put my metabolism into neutral. I thought the weight would come off faster with this band but I'm trying to be patient.

You're doing amazing, by the way. Staying busy with the store must help. I checked it out online. Your shop is adorable! Such beautiful things. I love country stores like yours.

You have such a great attitude! That will take you along way. I am realizing that this is forever and we don't have to run a race to get to our goal. It will come soon enough and the slower the better. I am happy that things have slowed down for me. The extra skin is grossing me out and I am a chicken about plastic surgery.

Thanks for the kudos about the stores. I am working my tail off in it lately. With Mother's day this weekend we are busier this week. I am kind of concerned over the economy and hope that people will still shop the store...I don't want to get a job. I like owning my business.

Don't worry about the exercise to much with the recovery from surgery on your neck it must be painful. I hate to exercise but I realize that the last few pounds won't budge without. I wonder if there is something simple that you could do that wouldn't irritate your neck so much.

Cindy

Cindy, the elliptical is OK as long as I move slowly. Walking a lot hurts because of the up and down motion on my neck. That accident is what did me in with this weight gain. I had other issues too but the lack of activity is what makes it so hard to lose and easy to gain.

I agree with you that it's better to lose it slowly even if we get impatient. I'm concerned about loose skin too which I already had on my belly from the kids. Even when I was much, much thinner the belly was sagging from excess skin. Now I can't imagine what it will look like when the weight is off. At this point, I will be happy to look good in clothes. Worry about the skin later. A Tummy Tuck may not be out of the question for me except I am tired of having surgery. A year before my neck surgery, I had my gall bladder removed. Apparently putting on 50 lbs in one year when my dad was sick gave me gallstones. So I have had 3 surgeries in 15 months. Too much! I could play "connect the dots" with my scars! I figure if the loose skin really bugs me, I'll think about plastic surgery. What's another scar?

Anyway, you must look great! Don't worry about the excess skin and concentrate on how good you look 100 lbs thinner!

I did some pushups the other day!

I also checked my blood pressure... 122/84!!!! That makes me HAPPY!!! I had been as high as 170/96:eek::sad_smile::eek: That is a HUGE weight off my back.

Sorry for the bad pun!

Oh yeah,

I dropped another pant size. Now a 40"x32" jeans. Still gotta buy the relaxed, or loose fit. But I had to do that when I was in high school too!

That's awesome, TX!! Lowering your blood pressure so much is amazing! That's the best thing you could do for yourself. Getting into smaller pants is always great but your health must come first. So happy for you! :sad_smile:

That's awesome, TX!! Lowering your blood pressure so much is amazing! That's the best thing you could do for yourself. Getting into smaller pants is always great but your health must come first. So happy for you! :(

Thanks for the encouragement.

I am more proud of the blood pressure than I am of loosing 100 pounds!

Dude! You are doing so good. Isn't the NSV's the best. Even if the scale isn't moving you are seeing other things that mean more.

I know that is how I am looking at this journey right now. The scale has been moving slow for me in the last few months but I have had so many NSV's that make things brighter for me.

Take today. I actually did two Water aerobics classes today. I am loving Water aerobics and go just about everyday except for Saturday and Sunday. I was proud that I could handle two classes in one day. The one I did tonight is titled Burn Baby Burn and was very high energy. I was tired after but I didn't quit. These small victories keep me going and losing another size in the last month has been a great bonus. I have gone from a size 32/34 to a 20. There are so many NSV's now that I can't name them all but I wouldn't trade this band for anything in the world...except for God, of course.

Keep up the great work everybody...even if the scale isn't moving...the NSV's must be there.

Cindy

Wohooo Congratulations on lowering your blood pressure!!!

I know how important that is for us. Mine is back into the normal range also. Now if I could just get the blood sugar to level out, that's the one thing we can't get to stay in control, One day it's 95 the next it's 160 and I am eating the same usally.....

Also Congratulations on losing 100 pounds that's an awsome acomplishement :smile2::thumbup::lol:

My NSV that I've been noticing lately is that all the people I met last year when I moved, and I thought were so skinny and tiny, aren't really all that skinny and tiny after all. I feel like I'm finally fitting in a bit and that's all I ever wanted.

Isn't it funny how your weight loss makes you see other people differently? I look in the mirror and I just look like me, but then I can look at someone else and realize that person, who I always thought was thin, is actually bigger than I am.

My NSV: I went to get a haircut at a new hairdresser last week. I told her I usually colored my hair, but I was giving it a rest because I had lost weight and my hair was fragile. She asked me why I lost weight, and I told her the band. She burst out, "You had surgery? But you're just a little bit of a thing!" Now there's a phrase I have NEVER heard applied to me before!

Edited by snowbird