Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mmm, edamame.

They are really good. How do you cook yours? I just tried them some months back and I just ate them raw.
I got them from a restaurant. I think they were steamed.

I love edamame. Here's how I cook it.

Place in a large bowl and add a tiny amount of olive oil, seasonings such as garlic salt optional. Roast on a 300 degree oven about 10 mins, stir them around, and repeat until they're a light golden brown.

Mmmmm.

Note - you can continue the roasting until they're dry, and just use a little Kosher salt instead of any seasonings, or nothing... at which point they make the BEST crunchy snack.< /p>

Err, roast on (a baking sheet in) a 300...

I love edamame. Here's how I cook it.

Place in a large bowl and add a tiny amount of olive oil, seasonings such as garlic salt optional. Roast on a 300 degree oven about 10 mins, stir them around, and repeat until they're a light golden brown.

Mmmmm.

Note - you can continue the roasting until they're dry, and just use a little Kosher salt instead of any seasonings, or nothing... at which point they make the BEST crunchy snack.< /p>

Ooh, that sounds good. I'll have to see if I can find them at my local grocery store. But here in BFE Kentucky, not sure I will.

Sounds good Wheetsin...I am going to try that this weekend.

Laurend, I'm not sure you there are Harris Teeters in KY. That's where I got mine.

Sounds good Wheetsin...I am going to try that this weekend.

Laurend, I'm not sure you there are Harris Teeters in KY. That's where I got mine.

There's a Kroger and some other small-chain grocery store. Well, Walmart, too.

I just google imaged Edamame since I have no idea what that is. Looks like lima Beans? ? Are they the same thing?

I just google imaged Edamame since I have no idea what that is. Looks like lima Beans? ? Are they the same thing?
It's soybeans. And SO much better than regular beans. I'm not very fond of regular beans at all, but I LOVE edamame.

I buy both shelled and unshelled. Well - let me rephrase that. All the ones I buy are shelled, but some have the skins removed, and some do not. Removed I use them for side dishes. Not removed - I use those for roasted until crunchy.

I'm not sure what the brand is but I get them at the organic market (similar to Whole Foods) and it's roughly $3 for a large bag. If you have a Sam's Club, check there - ours recently started carrying them.

I also buy the pre-packaged dry roasted, lightly salted ones from Seapoint Farms. Our local World Market sells them. I've not seen them sold anywhere else other than there and online, but they're the BEST snack.< /p>

51WP3TW510L._AA280_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Do they taste like lima Beans? I mean they look identical, in pod, out of pod, etc.

I had a friend in NM that was going to cook edamame for me then I guess, she told me I'd love it (she forgot), she just said it was soy Beans. I guess I'll have to try it, I had forgotten about it. And I love lima beans, and they lookie like a lima bean to me!

I don't know that I've ever had lima Beans, I'm not sure. My husband does not like any bean other than green beans, but I made him taste this and as soon as he started chewing his face lit up and he was like, "Oh, wow, those are good!" He thought they tasted meaty, and a little buttery. (No idea if he's had lima beans when i say he doesn't like other beans, so can't help there either).

Do they taste like lima Beans? I mean they look identical, in pod, out of pod, etc.

I had a friend in NM that was going to cook edamame for me then I guess, she told me I'd love it (she forgot), she just said it was soy Beans. I guess I'll have to try it, I had forgotten about it. And I love lima beans, and they lookie like a lima bean to me!

I DESPISE lima beans, but I really, really love edamame. I don't think they taste anything like each other (but then again, I avoid limas like the devil). I think you'd like them, though. They're pretty addictive.