Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

Hey all glad to have found the Feb 08 bandsters.:biggrin: My story sounds the same as everyone else's I've read so far. My surgery date is Feb. 4th. Started the Atkins pre-op diet Tuesday. I joinded Butterfly Life this week in prep for Surgery. I know I should have started earlier but I had surgery on my arm in Oct. The stitches broke thru and it had to heal open. It didn't close until around the third week of Dec. Although it has started opening again (dang it:mad:). Dr. Tribble put me back on antibiotics and says that it will be ok to have the band anyway:biggrin:. I'm nervous but not backing down. My family are all supportive and I have told some of the staff at work. The managers are going to take it easy on me considering I'm pushing to go back on the fourth day after surgery. I look forward to going to bandland with this group:party:. Maybe when we all reach our goals we can have a big party.

Hi Red Saffron,

My surgery date is also on February 4th! It was supposed to be on Feb. 11th, but I got a call yesterday asking me if I could do it on the 4th, instead. I'm nervous and scared and all the rest. This is a HUGE step, but I have to remember that I'm doing it for my health -- both physical and mental!

Where do you live?

I live in Massachusetts.

b.

Hi, my surgery date is Feb. 6th with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali!!! I am so excited and cant stay focused on anything else! Im so readyt o begin my journey to a new me!!!!!

Hello Everyone...

My surgery date is February 13. I start my pre-op diet on January 30. I am getting so excited. I can not wait to start this journey with all of you. We are going to have so much fun.

Kimberly :lol:

This day will be the best 4th ever even better then that little known one in July. I get banded that day and can hardly wait. Yes I am scared, nervous and all the rest but I am also excited, overjoyed and speechless (okay maybe no speechless but I was when they told me my date).

My motto "Bandland the Happiest Place on Earth!"

Hello fellow Febs...

I am one week into my pre-op diet, which is 3 shakes a day and "one small meal". The first few days were rough, but I figured out how to adjust to the diet and make it work for me. As of this morning I'm down 7 pounds!! I'm getting banded on 2/5 and the reality that is 9 days away has definitely kicked in. For those of you getting ready to start pre-op diet, IT DOES GET EASIER. Not that everyone will struggle, but I was really hungry the first few days. I've also been gettting on the treadmill which has made a big difference. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling great!!

Amy

WOO HOO! Congratulations. You are a week ahead of me. Let me know how you make out!

Tina P.

Hey there.

I am so excited!!!! I can hardly sleep, eat, concentrate or anything else....Im so ready for this...I will keep your bed warm for you! Keep me posted on your journey too!!!!

What is your pre-op diet like? I start mine tomorrow. It is a 1000 calorie diet to shrink the liver. Good luck!

Tina

I dont have a pre-opt diet.....thank god!

Hello fellow Febs...

I am one week into my pre-op diet, which is 3 shakes a day and "one small meal". The first few days were rough, but I figured out how to adjust to the diet and make it work for me. As of this morning I'm down 7 pounds!! I'm getting banded on 2/5 and the reality that is 9 days away has definitely kicked in. For those of you getting ready to start pre-op diet, IT DOES GET EASIER. Not that everyone will struggle, but I was really hungry the first few days. I've also been gettting on the treadmill which has made a big difference. Hope everyone is doing well and feeling great!!

Amy

Where are you getting banded?

Hi Everyone! My banding date was moved up to feb 4th from the 18th.I'm starting to get nervous now. I've been reading all the blogs and am readying myself psychologically.I am taking off that week and hope to be able to work the following Monday.I have my husbands support and we are trying to get him approved also. We didn't tell the family at this time.I've been yoyoing for years since I'm 13 years old and have hit rock bottom.Any strong recommendations for docs in ny? anyone out there banded by Dr.Artuso?

Congratulations! That just happened to me from the 18th to the 4th. my stomach did flips and now the reality is setting in.Good Luck