Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

GO GLYNDA!! Can't wait to hear an update once you're on the other side.

Hey drkel....sorry to hear about the slippage, but your enthusiasm about the band is infectious!! As far as a marathon.....GO FOR IT!! I trained for and completed my first marathon in October. It was one of the best days of my life and I will start training for my second starting in April. The big difference will be that now I have my band and will be hopefully running with a lighter body!! Good luck with your surgery and keep us posted on your progress.

Amy

Hi all. How fun - support for people banded in the same month! I was banded on February 7 and so far I feel great! I'm new to the forum and am already addicted. But I suppose if I replace my food addiction with a forum addiction, that will help. And, my office is upstairs, far from the kitchen and it's yummy "kitcheny" smells.

I'm loving reading all your stories and saying to myself, "Oh, me too!", or "Gosh, I hope THAT doesn't happen", or "Ooh, that's a good idea."

So far, I've not entered the "bandster hell" as my appetite is just slowly returning. My biggest frustrations have been 1) burbs getting stuck under the band and then popping out when least expected, and 2) figuring out how to put the really cute weight loss ticker I made on my signature.

Hey Becca! I thought you looked familiar!!! You wrote to me over on OH!!! Glad to see you here! Yes it definitely helps to have so many people together who were banded in the same month so you can compare notes and progress. Everyone is so great and supporting here!

Welcome and make yourself comfy!

Hi Becca, So glad to hear you are doing well.

I was banded on 2/11 and am feeling wonderful.

I think I am entering Bandster Hell. I am limited to low fat full liquids until 2/27 and am getting hungry. (at least I was yesterday)

It is good to have all the Feb. bandsters together to compare notes. It's nice having company on this journey!

Woke up this morning feeling like a new person. No rumbles and grumbles yet, pain is almost gone and I'm off to have a cup of nice warm tea. Are you new bandsters making quick and frequent trips to the potty? Is that normal? Thanks again for everyone's support!

can,t move my bmi ticker over to lapband talk ???:confused2:

Copy and paste the url code for bb into your signature (see edit signature on upper right side of this page). Make sure you save it.

Hey everybody!! How's it going? Well, I am on day eight post surgery. I was 283 just before slipping my big body on that Operating Table, and this morning I weighed in at 270.4. That's a loss of 12.6 lbs. in one week! I guess that's not too bad... I'd like to see a woman pull that off on "Biggest Loser", but then again - they are not taking in 300 calories on an all clear liquid, sugar free diet either.

I finally got to start my "mushies" as of yesterday, and will continue until Feb. 25th. I can then go to softer solids like eggs and such. Actually this stage I don't think will be too bad, there are more choices, and the sf chocolate pudding cups really awoke my senses! The broth from last week was the worst! I couldn't even stomach it on the last day. I pretty much kept full on sf Jello and juices. I was also already experiencing hunger on post-op day three! I have been really struggling hard, but I have done well! The thought of band slippage scares the sh*t out of me, so I have to stayed in check.

I see jnbwilds and myself both get those annoying stuck burps! They are so uncomfortable! I just get up and walk them off, it seems to help a great deal. I just get up from my seat and piddle around until they make their way out and burp for what seems like ten minutes (lol), and the discomfort subsides.

I too, along with many of you have been using the toilet for what seems an hourly deal. The number two's, if I may be so bold have been less than desirable as well. It was better this morning however since I was able to eat food with more substance. Finally, to top it off, the massive belly has gone down alot from the gas they pump in during surgery. So glad, it was very uncomfortable. I didn't however get those annoying shoulder pains some people experienced. Those chewable Gas.X tablets were a lifesaver!

Now just to get these stinging little staples out of my belly! I am supposed to go to my surgeons office on Thursday to have them removed, but they are starting to get inflamed. I am going to call today to get squeezed in within the next day or two.

My incisions hurt a little, but they are healing so beautifully. I don't think my scars will be that bad, which is great. I get the most pain from my port incision. Any pressure and it's really hurtful. I suppose that will go away with time, my body just needs to get used to the foreign object poking against my belly.

Well, I'll check in again soon all. We are all doing so fantastic! Keep the news coming!! And anyone still waiting to get that surgery - YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID!!!!!!!

Hey everybody!! How's it going? Well, I am on day eight post surgery. I was 283 just before slipping my big body on that Operating Table, and this morning I weighed in at 270.4. That's a loss of 12.6 lbs. in one week! I guess that's not too bad... I'd like to see a woman pull that off on "Biggest Loser", but then again - they are not taking in 300 calories on an all clear liquid, sugar free diet either.

I finally got to start my "mushies" as of yesterday, and will continue until Feb. 25th. I can then go to softer solids like eggs and such. Actually this stage I don't think will be too bad, there are more choices, and the sf chocolate pudding cups really awoke my senses! The broth from last week was the worst! I couldn't even stomach it on the last day. I pretty much kept full on sf Jello and juices. I was also already experiencing hunger on post-op day three! I have been really struggling hard, but I have done well! The thought of band slippage scares the sh*t out of me, so I have to stayed in check.

I see jnbwilds and myself both get those annoying stuck burps! They are so uncomfortable! I just get up and walk them off, it seems to help a great deal. I just get up from my seat and piddle around until they make their way out and burp for what seems like ten minutes (lol), and the discomfort subsides.

I too, along with many of you have been using the toilet for what seems an hourly deal. The number two's, if I may be so bold have been less than desirable as well. It was better this morning however since I was able to eat food with more substance. Finally, to top it off, the massive belly has gone down alot from the gas they pump in during surgery. So glad, it was very uncomfortable. I didn't however get those annoying shoulder pains some people experienced. Those chewable Gas.X tablets were a lifesaver!

Now just to get these stinging little staples out of my belly! I am supposed to go to my surgeons office on Thursday to have them removed, but they are starting to get inflamed. I am going to call today to get squeezed in within the next day or two.

My incisions hurt a little, but they are healing so beautifully. I don't think my scars will be that bad, which is great. I get the most pain from my port incision. Any pressure and it's really hurtful. I suppose that will go away with time, my body just needs to get used to the foreign object poking against my belly.

Well, I'll check in again soon all. We are all doing so fantastic! Keep the news coming!! And anyone still waiting to get that surgery - YOU WILL BE SO GLAD YOU DID!!!!!!!

You are a great inspiration. Sounds like you have done very well. I am only three days post op and already ready for the staples to come out. The ones on the port incision really pull. Other than that, no real problems.

I think the reason we have to go to the ladies room so often is becasue of all the fluids they pump into you at the hospital. I had at least four big IV bags in the day I was there. It has taken a while for all of that to work it's way out of my system.

Time to go again, Have a great day!

LilMissBandAid, I hear you about the restroom trips. This morning I had an "attack" just as I was getting into my office and I feared that I wasn't going to make it in time. And this was not long before I had to sit with a committee to interview a job candidate. Not pleasant.

And there are plenty of trips for #1 too, although at least it's not as painful as it was the first few days after surgery and it doesn't require assistance anymore. My husband and I had this exchange several times in the middle of the night: "Honey, wake up." "Wha? Whasswrong?" "I'm sorry, but I have to pee." "Arghfgfgh. Again?" "Yep. I know. I'm sorry." "Argh."

Saturday night I had really unpleasant gas pains. I did laps around my kitchen and living room rubbing my belly. And I popped Gas X strips. Eventually I found relief. :thumbup:

Hello - I'm a February Bander - the 5th to be exact (two weeks ago to the date).

After reading some posts, I feel very fortunate to have received this surgery when I did - I started the whole process the first week of November - had some Insurance red tape, etc. but was banded three months later. I guess I have no complaints in that area!

Hi all,

11 days out and feeling great. Today I pureed some chicked salad and had that and some avacado for lunch. I just had a little more at dinner and I am pleasantly full. I wish this is the kind of fullness I will have when I have a fill. I think that I feel just like I did before my surgery. Last week was hard, because I went back to work on Monday after having my surgery on Friday, but now I am even ready to get back to my workouts. I am still losing, and I know that this is the easy part, but it is feeling good to be sucessful.

Here is a thing.....I have not thrown up or even had a PB. Is that normal? I know that I want to avoid vomiting, and I will, but I haven't even had the feeling that I am close to it. Is everyone like that?

Hi all,

11 days out and feeling great. Today I pureed some chicked salad and had that and some avacado for lunch. I just had a little more at dinner and I am pleasantly full. I wish this is the kind of fullness I will have when I have a fill. I think that I feel just like I did before my surgery. Last week was hard, because I went back to work on Monday after having my surgery on Friday, but now I am even ready to get back to my workouts. I am still losing, and I know that this is the easy part, but it is feeling good to be sucessful.

Here is a thing.....I have not thrown up or even had a PB. Is that normal? I know that I want to avoid vomiting, and I will, but I haven't even had the feeling that I am close to it. Is everyone like that?

It is really preferably to not PB, or slime or anything else if you can avoid it. Unfortunately it does happen from time to time for a lot of people, but I have read others who said they never had an occurence. Right now you haven't had a fill so more than likely you won't have a problem unless you try to overeat. It is after you start getting fills that you become more prone to having something come back up on you or getting stuck.