Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February Bandsters!

Hey Ted....

I started a thread yesterday about my dilemma of indulging this weekend. My surgery is 2/5 (which ironically is Fat Tuesday!!) and I start my "official" pre-op diet next Tues. I've been on an "unofficial" diet the last couple of weeks doing low carb, small portions, lots of Protein Shakes, no alcohol :( BUT.....I'm thinking I might have to treat myself to a nice sushi dinner and have some wine this weekend. PLUS...I live in San Diego and my Chargers have a BIG day on Sunday and we are having a party at our house. I don't plan on going crazy stuffing my face and getting hammered....but I think I will give myself permission to enjoy these things before adhering to the pre-op diet....which I'm TOTALLY ready to tackle. Glad we have a group here for support. What would your "last meal" be?

I'm sure we're all thinking about a last, great meal, but you know, this is what got us into this mess in the first place. Basically, there is no last, great meal. We've had a million "last, great meals," and it never ends. So, yes, I want a last, great meal and yes, I may have one -- even though I know it's a totally self-destructive thing to do.

When does the self-destruction end and the healing begin?

bonnie

Hi everyone, I'm Gena and I'm having my band done Feb 11 in CT. I'm so excited, I'm actually having a party 2 weeks prior to my surgery.

BigMarathoner,

Funny coincidence, we're having a football party on Sunday too...it may well be my last meal, and I'm making a cassoulet. I'm also sorry to report that the Chargers are playing the Patriots, about 15 miles from my house. I'll be able to hear the cheers from here when the game is over. (well, maybe not, but the Pats will win)

Ted

Ted...

I will refrain from the smack talk.....but just know my Chargers WILL give your boys a run for their money!!! May the best team win!!! What's a cassoulet? Sound like a snazzy kind of casserole!! I went to sushi last night and enjoyed every single bite. I didn't go crazy and STUFF myself. Just ate slow and savored one of my favorite foods. I'm going out with my gal pals tonight and offered to be the designated driver. No wine for me!! BUT....I will enjoy a glass or two tommorow!!

Surgery date 2/7/08..*deep breath* wow.. it's not that far way although it does feel like it took forever!!6 months but I made it!.. I wish everyone here the best of luck this next month.. the start to a healthier , longer life!

I got two restaurant gift certificates for Christmas. I made sure I enjoyed these last dinners before my pre-op diet. I ordered foods that I thought I may never enjoy again!

Karen,

Sounds like you are well on your way! Thanks for making the thought of the band inside less creepy! LOL Where are you having your surgery?

I will have mine in New Haven, CT.

Tina

Hello fellow feb bansters,

Well as January comes to end, I am getting nervous. Did anyone have to watch the EMMI videos? I will be banded on 2/15. I am nervous about the surgery and the first month of liquids, etc.

I have the same date Feb 6th. I start the liquid diet tomorrow and hope I can stick to it. Had to get rid of all the junk food in the house so I would not be tempted. Good Luck to you all and I look forward to reading more on everyone's experiences.

Obviously I'm not TedOB, but I can explain a cassoulet. It's a sort of casserole or stew that usually contains white Beans and meat such as chicken, duck and/or pork sausage. It often has a tomato-based sauce as well as onions, but that's the basics. There are a lot of variations but it's originally a peasant dish from France. :rolleyes2:

I'm still waiting to find out what a cassoulet is along with bigmarathoner.

I'm such a rube.

Because my surgery date is Valentine's Day and we usually go out to dinner on that day, we'll be going on February 1 or 2 instead. I don't intend to go insane, but it's just a nice dinner for the holiday. My pre-op diet starts February 4.

I agree with the idea that the thinking behind the "last big meal" is what got me where I am now. There are people post-banding who have no problem eating all kinds of foods and there are people who can't ever eat certain foods. Obviously, I don't know how it'll be for me. But I do know that there isn't any food that will taste better than finally being healthy. If there is some food that I can't eat after banding, then that's what I'll have to remember.

I am scheduled for the lapband on Monday, Feb. 11 at St. Raphael's Hospital in New Haven, CT. I had my endoscopy and priority testing and will attend a seminar tomorrow night. I start my 1000 calorie liver shrinking diet on Monday, Jan. 28.

Good luck to us all!

Tina