Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't forget why you had the band (Tops List)

How about being happy to be part of the family pictures instead of always taking the picture so you wouldn't be in it!!!

LOL I had to laugh at this (not in a 'making fun of you way') - but because I *am* a professional photographer and I think I chose this career because it AUTOMATICALLY puts me behind the camera :scared:

I actually took a "self portrait" of myself on our last vacation with my son in the background to "prove" I was there.

I told my husband that my son will grow up thinking he was raised by a SUPER cool dad who took him on lots of exciting and exotic trips ... and had the presence of mind to hire a photojournalist to capture every moment. :)

Mrssmartpants,

LOL

:)

right back at ya!!!

:clap2:

at least now we know we will be heading in the right direction..

:scared:

right in front of the camera lens!!!

I think my DH and I will be fighting who will take the picture.!!!

Hahaha - my 135lb friend even gets wedgies on a bike!

I want to SLEEVELESS shirts!!! I can't wait!

I want a neck, like one without a double chin in front of it.

and I want everything else you guys want too - especially to swap close with thin friends, I have the same taste in clothes as one of my best friends and I can't wait till we can share!

I can't wait to shop at Anthropologie. As soon as i'm small enough that will be my big splurge!

I don't want to worry about requesting a Table in a restaurant when only Booths are available and making my family wait or feel embarrassed for us.

I don't want to weigh more than the front line players on the Pro Football teams -- so embarrassing when they announce what those guys weigh and I know I'm close or over that amount.

This was the one thread that made me cry! I want all of these things so badly too. The one I realy want is for my beautiful daughter to finally come home from school happy because not one kid there could make a "your mommas so fat" joke. The affect my weight has on my kids is what breaks my heart more than anything. Also knowing that my little girl will also have to struggle with her weight for her whole life too & I want to set a good example for her so she is healthy too.

I am going to email a list of "wants & don't wants" to my mom, maybe then she will be a little more supportive!

This was the one thread that made me cry! I want all of these things so badly too. The one I realy want is for my beautiful daughter to finally come home from school happy because not one kid there could make a "your mommas so fat" joke. The affect my weight has on my kids is what breaks my heart more than anything. Also knowing that my little girl will also have to struggle with her weight for her whole life too & I want to set a good example for her so she is healthy too.

I am going to email a list of "wants & don't wants" to my mom, maybe then she will be a little more supportive!

I want lose weight to:

walk and not wobble from arthritic knees.

get off high blood pressure meds.

wear a really nice pair of blue jeans without them rubbing my thighs.

lose these balloon thighs and chubby knees.

to feel healthy and beautiful.

to turn heads and make my husbands toe nails turn up from jealousy.

to wear pretty dresses and skirts that fit in all the right places.

and... to be able to wear sexy underwear and not bloomers.

Diylah

I agree 100% with all the above.

I want to be smaller than all my brothers and brothers-in-laws.

I want to not have to worry that everyone is watching every bite I eat.

I want to want to climb the steps at work instead of the elevator.

I want to not sweat after climbing said steps

I want my dad to say how pretty I look

I want the parents I meet at the kids school to like me from the start.... not the year or so to get past the rest of the package.

I want to dance with my daughter and show her some great moves

I want to hug someone without worrying if they are grossed out by my fat.

Ha Ha You are too silly. Ms. Holman-Hernandez'

Funny you say that. I was 335 post and am now 225. My husband has always been 177- now he is 235! I wear his clothes and he just laughs.....But loovvess it!

Wow! After reading the wish lists (bikinis and all!) of you younger folk, here's the wish list from a "close to Social Security" lapbander ( surgery was on 11/19/07)

1. I want to have less joint pain, especially in my knees.

2. I want to play tennis again.

3. I want to go swimming ( I live in south Florida) any time an not be embarrassed to wear a nice one-piece bathing suit. (I haven't ever been in the condo swimming pool or gone to the beach because I cannot wear a bathing suit in public.)

4. I want never to ask for a belt extension on an airplane again.

5. I want to comfortably cross my legs.

6. I want to feel healthy and strong.

7. I want to enjoy traveling and sight-seeing again ( see HomeExchange.com)

8. I want to "feel pretty".

9. I want to feel in control of food, not vice versa.

10. I want to play with grandchildren without getting exhausted.

Cool New Years Resolutions, eh?

Flora, age 61

-42 today!

Before my surgery...

1. I just want to ride the horse-without being self concious- haha
  2. I just want to be able to go to the grocery store and not have to turn sideways to get through the cart barrier bars,
  3. I just want my husband to look at me with those heart melting eyes as if we just met,
  4. I just want to go to Great America and ride the rides without embarrasment as before,
  5. I just want to get on an airplane and be able to sit comfortably without occuping 2 seats,
  6. I just want to be able to sit in a chair without checking out the chair first,
  7. I just want to be able to wear cute clothes to look my age,
  8. I just want to conceive another beautiful baby,

105 pds lighter---- I have turned my want to wanted!!:clap2:

I want food put in perspective and not be so darn important!

I want to be able to enjoy life, love and my future.

I want to feel good......not pain.

I want to participate in life, relish in every moment and learn to explore again.

I want to hop, skip and jump through my retirement!

4Jin

I ABSOLUTELY want my husband to play fight with me on the bed, on the floor, on the wall or wherever he wants. Bring it on!

Wall sex!! yeehaw! :high5: