Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At/Close To Goal...Most Comfortable Port Position?

Probably most of us really don't get a choice in the location of our port, unless we head to the operating table after getting our band. I am having some surgery done in January and really want to have my port moved at that time.

I find that mine is in a really uncomfortable spot. It is in the upper region of my abdomen, about 1" left of center and maybe 2" to 3" below my ribcage. I don't think anyone can see it, so I'm not worried about that, but I can feel it a lot. It disturbs me when I sleep, since I'm a tummy sleeper and I've noticed that it just gets pushed on a lot. My hubby picked me up in a bear hug the other day and it really freaked me out!

Soooooo, I thought I'd do a little research with the ones who have the answers! Is your port in a comfy spot? If so, where is it? Is your port in a sore spot? If so, where it that because I want to make sure I don't move mine there!

Thanks!

Mine is about 4 inches to the left of my belly button and it's never caused me trouble there. Of course, I'm only a little over halfway to goal, so there's still some padding there...

I think mine is about where yours is and it is uncomfortable too. I had know idea you could select your port position until after I had the surgery. I think maybe my doc didn't offer a choice. I have heard of one bandster having it placed between her breasts. I don't think this would be comfortable but she seems to think it is ok. I was recently trying to decide on a medical Bracelet and thought about her. If she was ever in an accident and needed chest compressions (CPR), I'd think they'd do some real damage since some of the time ribs get broken doing the compressions. I also heard of one woman who had it to the side of her breast, in between her breast and arm pit. Don't remember if she liked it or not. I think she said her bra irritated it, but I could just be talking outta my head on that one. When I first got my band my waistband irritated it. Now it is not so sensitive, but if I bend a certain way, it will get sore. Plus I have cats that walk on my stomach and make biscuits in my fat, and they irritate it too. I can say though, I can deal with a little soreness or tenderness as opposed to not being able to loose weight!!! I hope some of the people I mentioned reply, so they can tell you of their experiences. If not I think there are some placement responses if you search under "medical bracelet" or "medical id" thats where I remember hearing of the boob port placements. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Mine is in the center just under my ribs. It is not in a comfy place. If I lay on the floor and get to flat I can feel it. If I start slouching, my bra slides down and annoys it. I (clears throat) um can feel it during sex because it is so nicely popping against my ribs :) (I will be sore the next day).

Anyway, I wouldn't opt for the spot that I have; I wasn't aware that I could choose and I would probably go for one to the side of the belly button, but waist bands could be annoying. But, now that I've lost some weight, I have found that I LOVE low-rise jeans and stuff :)

Good luck to you!!!

Mine is also right above my belly button and to the right side. I can feel it if I push for it but I don't feel it any other time.