Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trouble with water?

Hi there,

I am a lap-band vet (4 yrs) and should know better but need some advice from fellow bandsters. After being rather unrestricted (2.0) for about 1.5 years. I went in for a fill. I was so close to goal - 15 lbs- that I wanted to try and make it. Now I have 3.0 , it's been 1 month. It is super quirky (lol). I can drink coffee, milk, juice's, Protein Shakes more or less ok but Water is much harder to get down. as for eating. sometimes i can eat 6-7 oz and sometimes 1-2 oz is hard. Has anyone else had this problem? I like that I've dropped about 8 lbs but I don't know if this is worth it. :help:

when i drink Water, it is room temperature.i am rather restricted and not eating much but have sort of at a plateau. how many other folks have experienced this and how long does it last?

I'M REALLY TIGHT RIGHT NOW AFTER MY LAST FILL AND ALSO HAVE TROUBLE W/ drinks. ESPECIALLY IN THE MORNING. SOMEONE SUGGESTED TO HAVE WARM TEA FIRST THING , BUT EVEN THAT IS REALLY HARD RIGHT NOW, Water TOO. i'M PROBABLY TOO TIGHT , BUT I WAS AT A PLATEAU FOR 3 MONTHS AND NOW I'M FINALLY LOSING AGAIN. SOOOO, I THINK I'LL RIDE IT OUT AND HOPEFULLY EVENTUALLY LOOSEN UP. THIS IS REALLY FREAKY , BUT I FOUND THAT IF I EAT A SMALL DQ. BLIZZARD W/ JUST pineapple AND banana IN IT I WILL LOSE AT LEAST A LB. EACH TIME. I DON'T KNOW IF I EAT SO LITTLE OF OTHER food THAT IT BOOSTS MY METABOLISM , THE Calcium , OR WHAT. MY HUSBAND FINDS IT HUMOROUS, SINCE MOST PEOPLE WOULD HAVE THE OPPOSITE EFFECT ON THEIR BODIES. THAT'S THE ONLY SWEET I EAT THO' AND IT TAKES ME ABOUT 30 MINUTES TO EAT IT. IT GOES DOWN MUCH EASIER THAN MOST FOODS. I'VE LOST 8 LBS. IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS THO', SO I GUESS I'LL BECOME THE "CRAZY BLIZZARD LADY" AT DQ UNTIL I SEE IT HAVING A NEGATIVE EFFECT ! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE !

I can completely believe that-- about the Blizzards. I think sometimes when your diet is so restricted-- you trick your body into losing weight when you throw some junk in there every now and then. I used to do the same thing when I would plateau on Atkins. A little Pasta dish every couple of weeks would always do the trick.

Of course... once every two weeks eventually turned to every day.. and hence my need for a band. LOL

Hi, I was Banded in Mexico on July 25 2007 and have lost 45lbs. but I have gotten my second Fill and am having a problem with liquids. I can eat crunchie food but not much and I am always spitting up slim. is there anything i can do to fix this or just wait and it will fix it self when i loss more weight?

Hi everyone, i had not lost weight for 2 months , so just had a fill, the doc put 1.5 mills in, and the drink he gave me would not go down it was clamped shut on the xray machine. He then taken half of the 1.5 mills out and the started to go down. i feel so tight now that Water Soup anything is a challenge, however lost 5 lbs in 2 days so will persevere for a couple of months then have some Fluid out. i had lost 98lbs with 30 to go,so will get my 30 off then go back to my plateau fill. merry xmas everyone no turkey for me ha ha ha .

In answer to the following, in my experience, a little slime is normal/ok. My first fill in Mex. was a DISASTER and was way too tight. I slimed a lot then and had to go to emergency in US to get some taken out. I am tight right now (3.0) and still slime sometimes. I couldn't find any way to fix so I just dealt with it. good luck!

Hi, I was Banded in Mexico on July 25 2007 and have lost 45lbs. but I have gotten my second Fill and am having a problem with liquids. I can eat crunchie food but not much and I am always spitting up slim. is there anything i can do to fix this or just wait and it will fix it self when i loss more weight?

Hi everyone, i had not lost weight for 2 months , so just had a fill, the doc put 1.5 mills in, and the drink he gave me would not go down it was clamped shut on the xray machine. He then taken half of the 1.5 mills out and the started to go down. i feel so tight now that Water Soup anything is a challenge, however lost 5 lbs in 2 days so will persevere for a couple of months then have some Fluid out. i had lost 98lbs with 30 to go,so will get my 30 off then go back to my plateau fill. merry xmas everyone no turkey for me ha ha ha .

If you lost 5 lbs in 2 days, you could be heading for trouble, since you said that Water is a challenge. If you don't stay hydrated, you'll likely end up in the ER with IV fluids. Please go get a slight unfill if this isn't resolved VERY soon.

Hi,

The hot tea kinda helps and I also chew 3 paypa pills about 15 min. before I try eat. I also drink Gatorade or eat pediolite popsciles to keep some kind of fluids down. Hope this Help you. I have a question thou if I continue to loss weight ( Loss 47lbs) will this band open or do I have to go and take some out?

thanks for your suggestions, I've not tried the papaya yet, so i might, has anyone else tried this? as for your question on band opening, it is so individual. on my last fill (before this tightening), I had it for over a year and noticed it loosened a little even though I didn't lose much weight (only a few lbs.). it loosened to the extent that I wanted to tighten it so I could lose my last 15 to reach goal. but even when it was loose, it would occasionally tighten up and then i'd pb, get bad heartburn or what not but that was pretty unusual. guess the answer is it depends on your body. have you noticed any loosening so far?