Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some Stolen Recipes

On another forum (nothing to do with banding or weight) I asked people to post recipes they like.. Even with ratings, allrecipes.com has a lot of weird (IMO) recipes, that people don't seem to just make for their family.. it's more specialty.

Anyway, I didn't ask for healthy, just wanted to get ideas. Ends up some people eat healthy and had some good recipe ideas.

Thought I would share.. not editing their grammar or anything.

"Guilt Free Cake"

this cake is dead easy to make

Make a pot of tea - with real tea is best- then let it go cold

In a large bowl put in a cup of sultanas- raisans or mixed fruit

cover with the tea bout an inch over the top- dont forget to strain it.

then cover and leave it to soak over nite. next day mix in selfraising flour some mixed spice - ginger - or whatever you got handy

then mix it till its the righ consistency then grease a loaf tin put the mix in and bake till it comes out clean with knife test

this has got no butter no sugar and no eggs but it tastes great

ice it and its a cake- cut it into big slices and pour hot custard over its pudding -slice and butter and its fruit loaf .

"Healthy Easy and Fast chicken Nuggets"

When all your kid wants is chicken nuggets...gotta get creative!

*Boneless Chicken Thighs (they are not as dry for this recipe) cut into strips

*grind up oatmeal to a half powder half meal consistency, add paprika and salt and pepper to taste

*roll the chicken in the oatmeal ...place in a baking pan and drizzle a couple tablespoons of oil evenly over it all.

*bake in the oven at around 425f until done, usually around 20 minutes.

these are moist inside....crunch crispy outside icon_smile.gif

"OJ Chicken"

defrost a whole chicken or get a fresh one then fill it with orange juice leave it upright in a bowl for bout two hours. Then chunky cut some mushrooms onions and any veges you got in the house. Drain the juice out of the chicken and save it for later. stuff the chicken with the veges and season with whatever you like plug the hole up with a big wedge of pumpkin or potato. Paint the chicken with melted butter and then orange juce wrap it in foil and cook for an hour slowly , take out the oven when ready cut it clean in half serve it with salad and its awesome.

try experimenting with different fillings like bacon cheese- seafood well anything thats safe to eat or that you enjoy. (I would suggest stickin to veggies for LB!)

Oh and I know people mention not being able to eat pork, this guy proclaims they are 'melt in your mouth' pork chops, so thought I'd share this too. I don't like pork, so have not tried this myself--

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pork Chops

1/2 cup soy sauce

1 cup teriyaki

2 1/2 cups Water

4 pork chops

In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, teriyaki, and Water. In skillet on medium heat, brown both sides of the pork chops in a small amount of oil. Then pour the mix over the chops. Chops should be completely covered with the liquid. Bring them to a boil then lower temp and simmer for an hour and 20 minutes, turning chops over 1/2 way through.

I make a great spinach dip, I made it for Christmas, its actually healthy and kind of makes people want to eat veggies. I alos have a great fruit dip that is fat free.

Spinach dip

1 Pint Miracle Whip (Lite or any variation)

1/4 cup frozen spinach (thawed and drained very well)

1/2 cup minced onion

1/2 cup parsley flakes

juice of a lemon

Salt and pepper to taste

First combine Miracle Whip and spinach in food processor or blender and blend very well. Then in mixing bowl combine all the ingrediants and mix well by hand, place in the refridgerator overnight and enjoy the next day. The longer it sits the better it gets.

Fruit Dip

8 oz Fat Free Cool Whip

8 oz Lemon Yogart

8 oz Marshmallow Cream

Whip all three ingrediants together and enjoy with your favorite fruit. If there are left overs the next day whip before eating in case seperation has occurred.