Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feelin a little down..

Heya that's really gotta be hard.I know I wouldn't want to be on liquid's 6 weeks total. I was banded on the 26th on Nov. And today is the 5th of December. 2 hours after my surgery I walked out of the hospital. I was on liquids for about 2 days or so and after that I started eating Soup and other mushy stuff. 1 Day later I started eating Cereal, vegetables, pancakes, chicken. and for the past 5-6 days i've been eating everything I was eating before my operation. I know it's not good but the Pizza..is just so lovely lol. Anywho I'm going to get a fill in a few weeks so no worries. I've lost 30 pounds as of december 4th. I wish you the best of Luck! keep in touch :)

1 Day later I started eating cereal, vegetables, pancakes, chicken. and for the past 5-6 days i've been eating everything I was eating before my operation. I know it's not good but the Pizza..is just so lovely lol. Anywho I'm going to get a fill in a few weeks so no worries. I've lost 30 pounds as of december 4th. I wish you the best of Luck! keep in touch :)

I know you CAN eat it, but you have to realize that this band will not make you lose weight in and of itself. It is ONLY A TOOL. You have to take responsibility for what you eat because YOU are the one who is going to pay for it in the end.

The ONLY reason why I'm telling you this is because I was in your same shoes, and because of it, I slowed down my weight loss a bit. One day, I woke up and said to myself, no more crap. It's time to buckle down. I hope you, too, get there.

Good luck!

Hey thanks! I will try that. Is the egg drop Soup something you make? or is it just something you can order at like a teriyaki resterant? I'm noticing that I'm feeling pretty good today...

I wish I had til Dec. 11th! I have to go to Dec. 26th!! woe is me! just kidding... sort of. :) looks like chicken broth on Christmas for me! :Banane48:

The one thing I've enjoyed is Vietnamese noodle soup called "pho"... This soup is becoming very popular over here in Washington. (it's kind of like glorified Top Ramen... with noodles and spices and a meat of your choice) I like to drink the broth, it's pretty satisfying... kind of an acquired taste though.

Everyday is a struggle... I've been trying to read books and go to bed early and stop watching the food channel. I just went back to work today, and it was good to be busy to get my mind off of the misery.

On a side note, I'm just so irritated with my doctor's office... I went for my one week follow up appt. today and actually waited for 2 hours! I had to leave to get back to work and did not even see the doctor. This office is suppose to be "the best" in Washington state... and it just seems like they're more concerned with numbers than quality... I'm a little dissapointed in them.

Man I sound like a complainer!! Sorry... I'm usually so upbeat and positive. I want the next 3 weeks to go by so bad!

Thanks for the encouragement... today wasn't all that bad.

Kayla :)

For one, Vietnamese and thai food rock my socks lately. In small portions, that is. haha.

Second of all, I made a post about this TV commercial bit not too long ago and how it was the proverbial demise of my life. Those damn commercials are evil.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Adjusting to the new lifestyle will take a while. EVERY SINGLE DAY IS ANOTHER BATTLE. I will tell you, though, and I've said this many times before, the people on here are absolutely amazing. They have absolutely saved me a few times. Post a thread and talk to them about what's going on in your head. I guarantee that you'll find someone who is in your same boat that you can talk to and relate with.

Good luck and see you around!

John

For one, Vietnamese and thai food rock my socks lately. In small portions, that is. haha.

Second of all, I made a post about this TV commercial bit not too long ago and how it was the proverbial demise of my life. Those damn commercials are evil.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Adjusting to the new lifestyle will take a while. EVERY SINGLE DAY IS ANOTHER BATTLE. I will tell you, though, and I've said this many times before, the people on here are absolutely amazing. They have absolutely saved me a few times. Post a thread and talk to them about what's going on in your head. I guarantee that you'll find someone who is in your same boat that you can talk to and relate with.

Good luck and see you around!

John

Hey John,

Thanks for the encouragement... this site has already helped me so much! I'm really glad I found it. My doctor is quite strict on the diet... and I know it's for the best but MAN... it's hard. I cried last night.. haha. It's funny now... but I was getting a little sad. I think partly because it feels like an eternity, and I can't imagine how life on the band is gonna be.

I have now already lost about 23 lbs and it's only been 3 weeks since I started the liquid diet (with 3 more weeks to go). But that's pretty much from starving myself.

Question for ya... how much do you eat for one meal portion?? My doc says 2 oz. at a time... that's exactly 4 tablespoons. 3-5 times a day. In fact... I think I might post a thread asking this question... because i don't think 2 oz. is enough... and yes... that's suppose to be for life. ugh! :cry I've heard of other people eating 1/2 cup to a cup. So it'll be interesting to hear what people have to say.

Thanks again!

Kayla

Hey Hasta, guess what? Our 1/2 cup of food is 4 ounces!!

Yep, your doctor's right: initially 1/4 cup of food will be more than you can take in (you may actually leave some!). I eat 1/4 cup oatmeal for Breakfast, 1/4 cup tuna for lunch, and then 1/2 cup of whatever for dinner--but I must say after dinner I hurt sometimes (eaten too much!)

Surprising, huh?!!! :omg: