Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gas pain so bad I can not stand it

I am hurting from gas so bad I can not stand it. Pain meds don't help the gas pain. Call my doc today, what I am having is normal.

I am taking gas-x, (still on liquid phase), walking, burbing and farting up a storm, cut out dairy in case that is causing it.

HELP! Need more suggestions

the gas was the worst part for me. It was all in my shoulder - which was helped with a heating pad. Heating pad is the best advice I can give - wish it were better.

I just went through the same exact thing. I was banded on Nov. 27 and today is the first day I am not in pain. The gas is still there, but bearable. It got so bad last Thursday, I thought I was having a heart attack. I was told to walk, walk and keep walking. I took gas x and even took dulcolax to try and release the gas. My only suggestion is a massaging heating pad. It seemed to help a bit. I even had family members pound on my back to try and break up the gas. I was desperate, I figured if it worked for my kids as babies it was worth a try. A friend emailed me today to suggest peppermint tea, you can try that. I hope you are feeling better. It does get better each day. Good luck! Before you know it, the pain is replaced with strong hunger pains, that is where I am at now. I can't wait to start solids next week.

Also you can get down on the floor and put a hard pillow under your tummy and raise your butt up a little. That will really facilitate the air coming out. (that's a great old remedy for bad gas pains). You could also be sensitive to artificial sweeteners...I've heard that they can be a culprit too. Main thing is immense amounts of walking around, and fart fart fart and burp burp burp. Don't hold it in at all!

Also, try sitting in a rocking chair and ROCK with a purpose. I had to sit with a pillow on my tummy to hold it still, and rock for a few minutes, then I'd get up and walk around, get down on my hands and knees with my butt up in the air....

All these things help, and this will pass... (pardon the pun)

Don't know if this helps, but when I had gas pain I put both arms above my head as far as I could reach and the gas would go away

The only thing that helped me was to lay on my left side with my left leg straight and my right knee up in the fetal position. Rock a bit. This is the direction of your intestine... gas rises. The heating pad is great to help move it around. The key is to just tell yourself it will pass (sorry about the pun)!

Good Luck