Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something is wrong with Christmas

Bitter? Hardly, I laugh at fools who Celebrate a pregnant virgin. Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, aliens, pregnant virgins. It's obvious why the National Enquirer stays in business when grown ups forget to grow up. Can people actually say "pregnant virgin" without laughing? If you don't want negative people spitting on your Christmas post, why not change the title to something more festive that attracts only those who care to spread Christmas joy? The "controversy welcome" sign was on the opened door- I just wandered in looking for liquor.

Bitter? Hardly, I laugh at fools who Celebrate a pregnant virgin. Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, aliens, pregnant virgins. It's obvious why the National Enquirer stays in business when grown ups forget to grow up. Can people actually say "pregnant virgin" without laughing? If you don't want negative people spitting on your Christmas post, why not change the title to something more festive that attracts only those who care to spread Christmas joy? The "controversy welcome" sign was on the opened door- I just wandered in looking for liquor.

Aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww, and I laugh at your attitude and you...sure at you too! , it's sad the way you talk, but I admit it's funny too..... and of course you are not bitter....who would think that...?:faint:

You came looking for liquor? are you drunk yet?

...I laugh...

Isn't it funny the impression we get of people on line? See, now I would have bet money you haven't had a seriously good belly laugh in the last 47 years of your life. And not one that sounds like "cackle cackle" either. That's not a belly laugh, that's a stressed laugh. But I am rambling.

I can see laughing at concepts, I can see laughing at bizarre thinking, I can see having a little fun. I can certainly see frustration with outdated thinking, myths, intentional ignorance. But laughing at people because they have a common belief... I don't know. I don't think it is funny.

Whether you want others to enjoy Christmas or not doesn't bother me.

But knowing how people are so bitter & tainted and take it out on Christmas as their reason, just makes me sad for you.

Wish you knew what it was like to feel the magic of the season.

Wow, she is really a very angry sounding person. Me personally, when something bad happens, I deal with it, get over it and move on. I don't let it ruin the rest of my life. I want to live and be happy, in the present, not the past. I can't wait to see what Santa Claus is going to bring me. I look forward to hunting for eggs the Easter Bunny left me. And, I actually look forward to getting old and possibly losing some of my teeth again because I miss the tooth fairy leaving money under my pillow!

Wow, she is really a very angry sounding person. Me personally, when something bad happens, I deal with it, get over it and move on. I don't let it ruin the rest of my life. I want to live and be happy, in the present, not the past. I can't wait to see what Santa Claus is going to bring me. I look forward to hunting for eggs the Easter Bunny left me. And, I actually look forward to getting old and possibly losing some of my teeth again because I miss the tooth fairy leaving money under my pillow!

So you mean to tell me you enjoy these holidays for the fun of it? but are the Bunny and Santa not real?

Well.... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one having fun sometimes....and I'm not the only "fool" that celebrates with the bunny and the bearded guy...maybe we should take life more seriously....:eek:

Of course Santa is real, how else would all those presents get under my tree. That reminds me, I need to get to the mall before it is too late so I can sit on his lap and tell him what I want for Christmas. I fit on his lap much better since getting the band!

I enjoy Christmas because it's fun, but there is a limit as to what is fun, IMO. I think a lot of people put on a show at Christmas time because it's expected of them. The constant barrage of Christmas-crap from Halloween (or even before!) on gets old, IMO. I like being left alone at Christmas-time to do my own thing. I don't like giving money to organizations that I highly dislike just because people look at you oddly when you ignore the Santas at the door. I dislike companies that push expensive items because "you love your family THIS much." That is what gets irritating, IMO, the commercialization, not Christmas itself. I'm an Atheist, but I enjoy Christmas because I like getting and giving gifts and being with my family.

Of course Santa is real, how else would all those presents get under my tree. That reminds me, I need to get to the mall before it is too late so I can sit on his lap and tell him what I want for Christmas. I fit on his lap much better since getting the band!

What a relief! I also think he is real!:eek: and I also enjoy sitting on Santa's lap....oh I'm such a bad girl... I try to find a really good looking Santa too....:kiss

I enjoy Christmas because it's fun, but there is a limit as to what is fun, IMO. I think a lot of people put on a show at Christmas time because it's expected of them. The constant barrage of Christmas-crap from Halloween (or even before!) on gets old, IMO. I like being left alone at Christmas-time to do my own thing. I don't like giving money to organizations that I highly dislike just because people look at you oddly when you ignore the Santas at the door. I dislike companies that push expensive items because "you love your family THIS much." That is what gets irritating, IMO, the commercialization, not Christmas itself. I'm an Atheist, but I enjoy Christmas because I like getting and giving gifts and being with my family.

I agree that the commercialization of it is not the best part...:omg: I'm a sucker for donating and giving to organizations, so that part I don't mind, I even try to do it all year round as much as I could, have them taken out of my paychecks , etc.. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy it for the fun of it though, that's a fun attitude and we all need that!:clap2:

Nobody can make me grow up. Ever. And that is a conscious decision on my part. Life is too short to be so angry.

The only part of your posts that is annoying is that you "laugh at fools who...". I just don't understand people who set themselves so far above others that they can judge everyone. Do your own thing, believe what you want, but the judgmental laughing at people who don't share your beliefs, whatever they are, is just plain rude.

Exactly. You make what you want, if anything, out of the holiday. Everyone has a choice. The commercialization is a pain in the ass but shopping on line:ranger: has given me a whole new, calmer perspective even on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you believers supposed to be on your knees praying for me instead of slamming insults and sarcasm back at me? Yeah, I thought so. Want to borrow a rosary? Hypocrisy is what's wrong with Christmas.

The Angry Elf

Aren't you believers supposed to be on your knees praying for me instead of slamming insults and sarcasm back at me? Yeah, I thought so. Want to borrow a rosary? Hypocrisy is what's wrong with Christmas.

The Angry Elf

Informing you that it is rude to lump people together and call them fools for what they believe is neither an insult nor sarcasm. It is simply the truth.

P.S. No thanks to the rosary. I already have one.