Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am not alone...Am I?

DH and I are waiting and working for approval to be banded in March. Anyone else?:ranger:

I'll be finishing up all the diet/excecise and other insurance requirements in February and hopefully they'll approve surgery quickly. My birthday is March 15, and I'm hoping to have the surgery by then. I'm crossing my fingers and toes!

You're at the boards pretty early! I'm being banded in Jan 08 and I came to Lapbandtalk in August and there wasn't even a forum created yet for Jan 08. Finally it was created and by November, people started showing up. A lot of people find their way here a month or two before surgery so more people will be joining you in January and February. Until then, read, read, and read. The more educated we are before banding, the better off we'll be. Good Luck!

Who do you have for Ins. if you don't mind me asking. I have Cigna and they require a 6 month physican followed diet. Which with my docs, letters and my health history they will approve me quickly, since I have been following a 1500 cal. diet since at least Oct.

Elizabeth

We have Aetna HMO. I have to keep my BMI over 35 while showing that I can diet, exercise, and follow directions for 4 months. No problem for DH. He has more to lose than I do.

I also have Aetna (PPO). My BMI is 41 so I was worried it would drop too low and Aetna would use that as an excuse to deny coverage, but I just did a sleep study which confirmed I have severe sleep apnea, so I am safe down to 35 BMI. Kind of pathetic when we're glad to have a serious health problem. Insurance companies make this a very weird world. :phanvan

Karen

I hope to join the ranks of the bandster as soon as possible my BMI is 38.6 my insurance is Anthems bc/bs I have an appointment (1st.) with a surgeon Jan. 11 A Mental evaluation Jan. 15 I hope it goes quickly from there. I hope my insurance approves quickly they were very pleasant when we called to ask if the surgery was approvable I hope that was a good sign *LOL*

Hi my name is Rhonda and im hoping to be banded in March of 2008. Not sure if my insurance will cover it i started out 4 months ago with a bmi of 55 and now its down to 53 so i have lost a little weight on my own.

I am really scared to have the operation done that is the scariest part for me I wonder if i can even walk into the hospital that day and let them put me to sleep. i feel i can handle the pain part and all that goes after it. oh and the protien shake part dont sound too exciting either i tried one and it was nasty. :eek:

My name is Rose and I have BC/BS of Alabama. my BMI is 44 and I have 2 months left on my diet. I am glad there is a bunch of friends here going through this with me.. Lets all keep in touch... God Bless you all..

Happy New Year !!!!!:clap2::whoo:

Hi all

My name is Amanda and I just received my surgery date, March 4th. I was hoping for an earlier date but my doc is going on vacation the month of January. I don't have any bmi restriction with my insurance so I'm going to go ahead and start working (again!) on a healthy lifestyle and lose some weight before the surgery. Win win for everyone. I figure by the time my willpower is cutting out it should be time for the surgery. I can do 2 months on my own easy! (she says while munching on peanuts)

In ancient Rome March was the first month of the new year and named after the god of war Mars. I will be starting a new year of big change in the war on weight!

Welcome all who join me!!

I'm glad to see that more of us are posting now.:whoo:Looks like RedTulips3 was right.

I have my psych eval next week, and I still have another dietician, a stress test, and some lab work still to go. Egor is lagging behind me, and may have to wait until April!:rolleyes:

Is anyone else having trouble not drinking with meals or for half an hour either side?:spit:

I havent been told not to drink during meals yet. I dont think ill have to start that till after surgery but when the time comes im sure it will be hard. I have slowed down and now drink Water at meal times.

Hi! I started the process in November, have been through 2 nutrition classes, several doctors appointments, and my next one is Jan 11. That is when I will know about my insurance. I have my psychologist appointment Jan 2, my sleep study Jan 10, a support group meeting(required Jan 8) and then a that appointment Jan 11. I have a busy week that week. I am hoping they will know more about my insurance at this point. My BMI is 49 (was 50) and labs were ok. I have several co-morbidities and i hav BC/BS NC so we will see.

My birthday is March 24 and that is spring break for me (I am a teacher) so I am hoping to have it done the week before so I can have that full week to rest! Wish me luck!

Cari