Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well hi all! I had my second fill and man am I paying for it right now:cry. Of course when I got home, I was starving, so I had chicken and a wee bit of potato...well I paid all night, barfed about 6 times, soooooooo sore. Of course dummy me should have remembered to go lightly after a fill but oh no, I couldn't do that so now I pay. Still feels like a golf ball in my chest,I am eating pureed stuff and Soup can't manage much else. Talked to my doctor, I am going to see him on Wed. again, likely need a small :speechlesdefill. I am only up to 4cc but for some reason, that for now isn't working for me. I had 3 he just put in 1 cc. Figures he might have to take out 1/2 cc. But I am hoping if I stay away from most stuff for a couple of days to let my pouch heal from the torture I put it through on Thurs night, it might be kind and be okay. Any suggestions anyone? Anybody else ever had this kind of problem. I have to go to Toronto for my doctor and no one up here in good old Lindsay at least in the hospital here would have a clue what the heck to do, so I shall wait, unless it gets so uncomfortable that I have to drive to Humber river almost 2 hour drive to get relief, I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it till Wed. and hopefully beyond that with no defill.

Sue

Sue hope you are feeling better today. As you have now found out there is a reason why it is recommended that after a fill you stay on liquids or pureed food for around 24 hours. Even though we don't always notice it our stomachs are under some stress from the fill and need time to stabilze also a fill can kick in anywhere from immediately to up to 2 weeks later. Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Thanks Donna, you of course are right and I am paying dearly for this one, feels like a knot in the center of my chest that doesn't always hurt but is very aggravating. Unfortunately for me it is snowing here, supposed to change to freezing rain shortly. Dr Klein suggested if it got too uncomfortable I should go to Humber's emerg. Dr Starr is on this weekend, or I could go on Monday to see Dr Hagen as Dr Klein is at another hospital and won't be in till Wed. Anyhow it is supposed to be lousy tomorrow too so I am gonna have to wait till Wed. It came on so fast I just home I haven't aggravated something else in there. I am using an antacid, figured it cant hurt. At least I know that it sure does the job of restricting and making you damn uncomfortable if you don't respect it. I get some relief if I stay bent over or stand up really straight and take deep breaths....but it isn't comfortable.:phanvan

Sue no sooner did I post my reply to you then I went and ate 3 bites extra of my slice of pizza and slimed for the next 15 minutes which is very rare for me. Nineteen months out and I still screw up at times - when I definitely know better! :)