Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finding a physician

I was wondering how everyone went about finding their doctor. I just found out that my insurance covers the procedure, which I'm shocked about because they won't even cover an office visit with my primary doctor when weight loss is discussed. Anyway, I have the list of doctors who perform the prodecdure in my state from the lap band website, but now I don't know what to do with this. I don't want to just pick a name off the list and none of them are extremely close to where I live. How do I find out how many of these surgeries they have performed and how successful they have been?

Thanks

I did about the same thing, was get all the names of Dr. in my area... found one 400miles away. All I did was I called up and got information. They might even send you a information packet as my Dr.'s office did. Good Luck with it.

Where do you live? Maybe there is someone here who is in your area whi can tell you their experiences with their surgeon, then go from there..

I started the same way you did, and eliminated names based on various practical concerns (such as distance). Then I called the doctors and made appointments, or found out what their first step was. In many cases the doctors will require you to attend a seminar or introductory meeting, and you can learn A LOT by going to them. There's typically no charge and it can help you discover more about the practice, the procedure, and what's important to you. I attended two of them before picking my doctor.

Then once you make the first appointment, remember that you're not committed to anything. Personally, I wanted to meet any surgeon who was going to operate on me BEFORE deciding whether I was going through this with him and his practice. It's not like you have to pick a name out of a hat and you're stuck with the choice you made.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches