Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is Gall Bladder surgery similar to lap band

So I got my gall bladder out on Wednesday. I really feel fine. I have a lot of gas but no gas pain. I'm sore in my tummy but really no big deal. I didn't fill my prescription because when I was in the hospital and they gave me pain killers, my oxygen level went down to 84 so since I'm in no great pain and plus because of the oxygen level, I want to stay away from them. Has anyone that has had both gall bladder and lapband surgery think that they are similar in recovery?

I had both, two weeks apart. I have to say the band was slightly more uncomfortable and it took a little longer to bounce back but not much. I do not want to worry you because even if the band is 1000 times worse, it would still be worth it!!!

Good luck with you band, you will not regret it! Okay you will for about three days when you get hungry on liquids but thats it. For the rest of your life you will be grateful!!!

Hi Metal, Oh ok, thats great that you had the lap band just 2 weeks later? My doc says 4 weeks for me but his co ordinator says it could be sooner, so we'll see.

I have had both and agree that the lapband was slightly more uncomfortable, but I feel that it came from the port, which is the longest lasting soreness. I had a c section and that was 10X worse! Good luck!

Hello.

I had my gallblader out in March 2007, and was banded on 11/26/07. I had much more pain from the gall bladder surgery, but the port site right now is definately in close competition.

I am looking forward to feeling normal again!

I've had three surgeries as an adult: tonsillectomy, gall bladder (laproscopic), and lap band. I'd say the lap band and the gall bladder were similar in terms of pain and recovery. Not so bad at all.

Now the tonsillectomy -- by far that was the worst, most excruciating, hellish pain for eight straight days that I've ever experienced. And that was with Vicodin or Percocet every three hours 24-hours a day (up several times a night for pain meds). It felt like someone took a blow torch to my throat and kept it going without stop. The pain moved to my ears and shoulders. The two weeks following the first eight days were only moderately better. It was gruesome -- can you tell I love to talk about it? :(

If I can take that I can take anything! I was on Vicodin/Percocet non-stop for three weeks with the tonsillectomy, but only once or twice a day for three days with both the gall bladder and the lap band.