Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

crazy pets

Krazy Kooper the Kat

any cat lovers out there? My cat is freakin nuts! Ok so he was thrown from a moving vehicle on the interstate when he was a kitten, someone stopped and took him to a vet, whichis where I got him from...anyways he has problems...

He has seperation anxiety..seriously.. If i leave for more than 8 hours, he starts pulling out his own fur..like a bird! At first we thought it was allergies...nope vet finally diagnosed him..this was after Kooper had to be completely sedated...he doesnt tolerate men touching him..i figure it was a guy that threw him..

He plays fetch

Fav game. Laying on his back in the winter and waiting for my chi to walk by in his jacket, then he'll hook his arms around him and Kip the dog takes off..prob is the cats like 11 lbs..kips 7 soaking wet with a towel.

Now thats its cold again my three year old cat has become a kitten again. I cant have a tree..even a fake one..last one I had he climbed to the top and started ripping branches off, then his fat butt bent the core of the tree...WELL now Im stuck on my computer, because he keeps attacking me. I put my feet on the floor and I get attacked...:help:..meanwhile the dogs, being a heck of alot brighter than me are pinned down on the bed, so while they are stuck..they are comfortable..I can t sleep in a chair..last dash I made for cover resulted in a ripped pair of jeans..

To keep me entertained until my lion gets hungry,and leaves for food anyone else got funny pet stories??

Your cat sounds crazy. :)

I have two. I call them my little people. My boy cat talks to me all the time, and I talk back. When we watch tv at night my boy cat lays down on my pillow and wants me to give him baby kitty kisses on the back of his ears. Husband thinks we are both nuts. My little girl cat....short hair purshin, she is all little girl, and very spoiled as well. They are both moma babies.

Well, let's see-I seem to be a magnet for "special needs" pets.

We have Jake, who is a 3 year old lab who was abused as a puppy and has severe separation anxiety. The dog can bark nonstop for 12 hours straight without getting tired or losing his voice. Of course I learned this from the next door neighbor after I worked a 12 hour shift all night.

Then there is Bailey, my oldest lab, who since he was a puppy forces himself head first through everyones legs so they will scratch his butt. He then proceeds to "march" with his hind legs while his butt is being scratched.

Reilly, my other 3 year old lab likes to jump about 5 or 6 feet straight in the air off the ground when he is happy. He also loves to do it for the camera.

My 7 year old female lab has obsessive compulsive disorder and licks her paws until she is panting.

I have a cat named Crooked because his head is crooked and he walks in circles-he was that way when I found him. I have another cat named Gimp who is polydactyl (extra toes). He looks like he has little thumbs on each of his front paws and holds things with his paws like they are hands. And he is not a gimp at all-he's the most agile cat ever!!

And last but not least, I found my cat Isabella a few winters ago, no one claimed her, and she ended up being pregnant. All her kittens went to nurses that I work with, and they have all ended up being rather interesting. One is particularly crazy and does all kinds of wierd things, but he got his head stuck in a mason jar after he went to his new home (and seemed normal when he still lived with me), so I blame it on brain damage from lack of air. As for momma cat, I can't get anyone to adopt her because she slobbers worse than all my labs combined!!

There is never a dull moment in my house!:biggrin1:

I am so glad I am not the only one with freakin nuts animals..as I speak the cat is watching my fingers from ontop of my shoulders..he gave up on my feet YAY..still afraid to move.

Petri (Stinky Pete) is watching TV..she stares at it when its on..I leave it on for her when I leave, I know it rots her brain but I figure kids these days..shes only 9 mnths old..the other day she must have had this sudden inspiration to clean her teeth..at night she went into my bathroom and ate a tube of toothpaste,..then chewed the bristles off the toothbrush..not that i needed it with out toothpaste...whats worse is she did it on my black comforter..which now has white stains on it that I cant get out, even though ive washed it like 12 times..kinda embrassing

Kip my Chi is about to be 4 in a couple of days. He is such a snugglebug..One day I thought Id lost him..looked all over the house for him, nowhere..Im flipping out, throw all blankets off the bed, tears at this point down my face..hes my baby..the lil poop head crawls out of a pillowcase and looks at me like what..apparently a matress and a down comforter arent soft enough, my lil prince sleeps inside the pillow case, on top of the pillow on top of the comforter on top of the mattress..Prince in the Pea..

And then theres Mikeyhes my 12 yo red foot tortise.. he loves people.. Ive had him for a year and when people come to visit he bangs aginst his cage until I let him out, then he zooms around everyones feet, wearing his diaper..hes not housetrained. He has a crush on my mother and will follow her around when she comes up for a visit..even though Im the one that feeds him..I guess hes at that stage where a boy stops needing his mom and starts needing a girl..

Plus theres my snake Corp. Klinger ( wasnt sure when I got him if male or female, so I covered my bases.. MASH) who even though he is naturally found in trees, flips out if you hold him any higher than your waist and will orient his body in my direction whenever someone else is holding him..He also refuses to leave his tank unless you pick him up..a friend accidentally forgot to put the lid on when he was taking care of him..a week later I got home and there he is under his log...

I like animals..notice?:ranger:

I love animals also if you didn't notice!! People think I'm crazy for having so many, but they add so much joy and humor to my life. I love how your dog lays in the pillowcase on the pillow! I can't imagine having a dog small enough to lose in the house...right now my husband and I barely have any room in our queen size bed because we have 3 of the 4 labs sleeping with us. (And you know, it's THEIR bed, not ours, at least that's what they seem to think!)

I love that you have a tortoise with a diaper also! And him banging his dish against the cage! Too cute! It reminds me of going to my moms house-she has a equal amount of dogs and cats, but also has a parrot and a cockatoo. The cockatoos name is Screech (you can guess why), and I am his favorite person in the world, so he throws a FIT until I either go in to talk to him or they bring him out to me. Then if you don't go to see him fast enough, he will say over and over "I love you" in an increasingly sweet voice. What a funny bird! He says all kinds of stuff that I can understand but my mom can't. I'll be like "Mom, he just said....." and she can't understand why I can understand him and she can't. I chalk it up to being a nurse and having to communicate with patients that have had strokes and lots of foreign doctors with accents. That's the only reason I can figure!:biggrin1:

My boy cat, Shamu just cant seem to keep his paws to him self. If my girl cat, Shopie walks by him.....He grabs her tail. At 5 AM they both start screaming as loud as they can to get us up. Shamu....wants the bed all to him self.

He calls me into the bed room all the time during the day for .... ok ( my husband says to be jacked off ) but thats not the case. I lay down and throw out my right arm and Shamu grabs his blanket in his mouth tries to stand on my arm.He doesnt want me to talk to anyone,and doesnt want anyone to watch him either. He is doing something. When he gets done he will sit and lick him self. He's been fixed.....I dont get it.

One more thing.....if he sees me getting out of the shower....he wants to do it all over again.

Here's are few ideas for cat toys for Christmas. I fill up the sache bags with cat nip. For Easter I took a small floppy bunnie and took the stuffing out of the tummy and filled it with cat nip and sewed it back up. For Christmas I'm doing the same thing with a Teddy Bear.< /p>

Crazycat,

That's just all wrong about your cat!! :) I once had a male cat that used to try to um, mate with my head, complete with biting me on the neck and everything! It was usually when I was sleeping, and I would wake up with this cat on my head! NOT a good way to wake up!

My boy cat, Shamu just cant seem to keep his paws to him self. If my girl cat, Shopie walks by him.....He grabs her tail. At 5 AM they both start screaming as loud as they can to get us up. Shamu....wants the bed all to him self.

He calls me into the bed room all the time during the day for .... ok ( my husband says to be jacked off ) but thats not the case. I lay down and throw out my right arm and Shamu grabs his blanket in his mouth tries to stand on my arm.He doesnt want me to talk to anyone,and doesnt want anyone to watch him either. He is doing something. When he gets done he will sit and lick him self. He's been fixed.....I dont get it.

One more thing.....if he sees me getting out of the shower....he wants to do it all over again.

I hate to say it, but your hubby's right. Well, sort-of. He's marking you as his territory, just like dogs hump other dogs to show them who's boss. When you shower, you're washing his scent off, so he wants to do it again. I used to have a cat that'd do that to a giant stuffed rabbit that I had.

Munchkin392,

You total cracked me up.....

I now realize how lucky I am.....Who would want to wake up with a pussie in their face.

Yah, I am another cat woman. All of the cats which I have had have been second-hand kitties. In fact I make it a point of taking in adult cats only as kittens are cute and will find homes more easily.

At the moment we are down to one cat, a stray who came knocking on our front door for two nights in a row. She was quite petite when we took her in, an orange and white domestic short hair, and so I named her Little Orange. Now she is Big Orange and still remains half-wild. We have had the cat neutered but were talked out of having her declawed, a big mistake, I think, for she is not only a biter she is also a grrl who loves to claw. It is never much fun to watch her dangling from our curtains or velcroed to the side of our bed.

She is also, and this is likely a holdover from her life on the streets, a real garbage maven. We have bought her many cat toys but she finds her favourite toys by snouting about in our garbage cans. She will haul out such gross items as used Q-tips out of the waste paper bins and carry them around the house. Her biggie fave as toy boxes go was the kitchen garbage. It sure was gross finding the contents of this spread all over the floor and we had to put a lid, a tight one, on it.

She is also in the habit of knocking all things which were on tables or countertops onto the floor, watching 'em smash, and sometimes she gnaws on them as well. My iPod earphones have her teethmarks.

Still, in her weird and grudging fashion she seems to be quite fond of us. And she gives good purr. :P She is sitting behind the monitor right now, as is her custom while I surf. This habit is only kinda cute; as soon as she grows bored she will try to throw my pens, papers, and bottles of Vitamins off my desk. She has also recently developed the weird custom of sleeping under the covers when I am in bed. Again, this is adorable until she decides to bite my feet. :phanvan

I'm also a cat lover. I currently have 5, and they are a constant supply of entertainment! 3 of them are rescues, 1 is from a friend that had to give it up due to her childs asthma, and 1 I bought - she's a Maine Coon. I had wanted one all of my life, and when I turned 40 I bought myself one. Happy Birthday to me!! We had a cat that was a thief - he would take our jewelry and stash it away. I found many necklaces in the basement, or rings and watches between the cushions of the furniture. (my husband always said we should let him outside and so he could steal other people's jewelry and earn his keep)

Most of our cats have loved to play with the plastic rings that come with milk jugs. They carry them around the house in their mouths, and there have been a few times when they are walking around with them on their "wrists" like bracelettes. When my mother-in-law passed away a few years ago, the day of her funeral my husband kept complaining of his foot hurting. It was a very long day and evening and he was practically limping when we got back to the hotel. He immediately sat down to take off his shoe - and out fell a plastic ring! We laughed so hard - which was good after a very sad day.

I love all animals, but have a special connection with cats, and can't imagine my life without them. Everyone who knows me says they will not be surprised in 20 years or so when they see me on the News being hauled out of a house that is bursting with hundreds of cats. Dare I dream? :biggrin1:

You reminded me of something I had completely forgotten about! I also had a cat that stole my jewelry. I didn't even realize she was doing it until I went to retrieve a toy from under my dresser one day, and there was a big pile of shiny stuff under there!

At my old house, I had a bathroom sink with lever style faucet handles, and two of my cats liked to turn the faucet on when I was gone (or if they were just bored). I found one of them with his head under the faucet getting it all wet one day!

I love Maine Coones! The cat that used to do perverted things to my head (who, by the way, had been hit by a car before I owned him, so I think he had brain damage) was a beautiful Maine Coone. How anyone could have abandoned him is beyond me. His name was Mr.Tails (my neighbor named him before he was mine) and he has long since gone to the rainbow bridge, but he was an awesome cat.

munchkin392 -

My Maine Coon is the oldest cat we have, so we call her the "Queen Mother". She has always been a sweet cat, but now when I introduce a new cat to the house she looks sooooo disgusted. She doesn't have much to do with them, but puts up with their antics, and when she's had enough - WHAP! she smacks them up side the head. They soon learn their limits.

The cat my friend gave me is a newer breed called a Ragdoll. She paid $700 for it! She was heartbroken to give her up. I offered to pay her something, and she said no - she said she prayed I would take her because she KNEW she would be loved and well taken care of, so she wanted to give her to me for free. So I have 2 very large, very long-haired cats! And then I have one more long hair, and 2 short hair. But they ALL shed, and we must "de-cat" before we leave the house every morning with the lint brush.

Any more cat lovers out there??

I have two cats 1 male 1female . The female ,Chloe , loves to steal my sons change that she finds on his floor . She carries the coins in her mouth and walks through the house crying until she finds me and drops it at my feet. If I'm not home then she leaves the money on my bed or on the floor next to my bed .My male cat , Lenny , stands at the foot of the stairs at night and cries untill I get out of bed and carry him up and put him on my bed to sleep. Then in the middle of the night when he wants attention he will bite me to wake me up to pet him. I pull the covers up so only my head is sticking out but that doesn't stop he he bites my nose, my cheek or the top of my head what ever it takes to get my attention.