Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Four weeks today!

I also can't believe that I've been banded only a month ago! I feel like a different person. At first the weight just melted off me. This week though it has slowed way down. Which is ok because I don't want to lose too fast. I certainly feel restricted even without a fill. Still on mushies but possibly after I see the Dr. on Monday I'll be on to regular food. It is amazing how I am making what used to be one meal into two! We were at the mall the other day and for supper I got myself a plain bean cheese burrito. I just ate the middle of it and I got full on just half of it. So I wrapped it back up and took it for my lunch the next day. Some days I have a hard time getting in the required Protein and Water.

Does anyone else get bugged that your food gets cold before you can eat it all? I never had that problem before, but now with little bites and taking my time I am constantly having to re-heat it to keep it warm. It's also funny to be the last one eating from my little plate.

I was able to start playing volleyball again! Yes, even though I am 100lbs overweight I have always played and loved volleyball. (Just not as quick as I used to be. ) Anyway, I felt so good and actually felt I could jump higher than I did a month ago!

I am so happy to be four weeks post-op. I already feel like a different person on the inside and outside. My friends are noticing changes in my personality and tell me that I have been doing nothing but smiling for 2 weeks now. I have had no REAL complaints as far as pain (although, im glad the first 1-2 weeks are over.) I remember, I was about 5 or 6 days post op and I am laying on the couch feeling uncomfortable, and I was just SOOOO hungary. I dont know why but I used to have this obsesive compulsive habit to open the fridge even though I knew I couldnt eat anything, maybe it was because I could just go in the fridge and it anything I could before without reseravation! Anyway, I looked in the freezer and I picked out a sugar free popsicle-and it didnt help, just made me more hungary, and I remember just bursting into tears " What have I done, was this the right decision"?? My mom just was beside herself, and didnt know what to say! But 3 weeks later, like I said earlier, im just HAPPY!! I cant wait to work out again and to go back to eating normal food, but healthy food. I savor my meals now, I take my time-eat small bites and just ENJOY!! Anyways, I am so happy for everyone that has made it this far. CHEERS and best of luck!!:clap2:

Welcome Emily! You are doing great!

I can't seem to help myself, I am eating way too fast at the moment. I am still sticking to the small amounts but woosh and they're gone. I guess eating at my desk at work doesn't help and then I'm pretty hungry by the time I get home. I assume once I have my first fill next week, it will slow me down a little. Anyone else??

I have to really think about it or I'm back to inhaling my food! One thing I do is put my food down between bites, especially when I'm doing something else. For example, yesterday I was eating a Luna bar (soy Protein bar) and was also grading papers. I put the bar down a an arm's length away between bites and I found that I got busy and had to remind myself to take another bite, so that really helped slow me down.

When I'm not otherwise occupied, I use a one-minute timer between bites. I've "tested" myself by not looking at the timer and then checking it when I think it's been a minute and the "sand" is only halfway through! It seems like it takes so long but that's why I need something like that to pace me. I really think slowing down helps keep me from eating too much, though, so it's worth it. And once I feel full, I really do stay full until the next meal.

I must have some restriction because I'm just not hungry, not even in the morning when I first wake up! I had some mashed potatoes with Protein powder the other night and I reached a point where I suddenly felt a little uneasy. It's hard to describe -- I wasn't in pain and I didn't feel full like I used to but I did feel like if I took one more bite, it would come back up. I waited a minute or two and the feeling passed and I took a couple more bites but then I did feel like that was enough. I think I got my first real test of how the band can work!

Hi, Longhorn! Glad to hear you're doing well - I have had a wild 3 days post-op, and it is good to hear that finally, it feels normal again. The port-site pain is bad right when I stand up, then goes away. I am getting off the liquid Vicodin, and today is better than yesterday! Woo Hoo!

Glad to hear you're okay, TX! What did you think of the hospital? I've had two small issues with them. My doctor's office had given me the checks that came from the finance company, one for the hospital and one for the anesthesiologist. The office manager didn't really give me any directions so I gave them to the hospital and the gal there said she would leave the check for the anesthesiologist in their "box." A few weeks later I got a bill and it was for $1530 when the check was for $1000. After a few phone calls to straighten things out, the check was found at the hospital. Apparently, they do not take checks for the anesthesiologist. The difference in the amount was the discount for prepaying.

The second issue hasn't been resolved -- I received a bill for the barium swallow after my surgery from a radiologist. It's only $105 but as far as I'm concerned, I was told that my fee included everything and anything that wasn't covered in the fee was spelled out ahead of time. I've called my doctor but I haven't heard back from him or the manager. This issue isn't really the hospital's fault and even the first issue could have been avoided if my doctor's office had told me what to do with the checks. I was surprised that this wasn't all handled through the mail!

I thought the nurses and other staff at the hospital were very kind and professional and helped me feel like I was in good hands. I hope you had a good experience, too!

Well, I got to thinking that I will get bills for the incentive spirometer, barium swallow, etc, but that I would take them to True Results and have them deal with it since it is "all inclusive." I didn't have to give any checks to anyone, I guess True Results took care of that. I do know, however, from working in the insurance industry, the bill the doc charges and the amount he/she is reimbursed are often two different things. If the anesthesiologist agreed to the 1000 reimbursement, but billed 1500, he has to accept the 1000. Your doc's office people deal with this all the time, I am sure. I liked the hospital staff and the place was very clean, but I think they could spread out pre-op a little so you don't hear what is going on right next to you. I am a hospital surveyor, so those things come to mind. I have no complaints, however. I am just so glad to have it OVER!!! I don't wait well, and the 2 months I planned the surgery were just too long. I had to put it off because of other family members' medical issues, but now it is done. yippee!!

Sue Magoo-

Big Patriots Fan here! I have decided that the last 2 weeks watching PATS game is not good for the ole "Band". I was sick on Monday night...sick sick sick! I think you actually get tighter when your are nervouse (LOL).

:clap2:Hey guys! I am out 5 weeks and loving the "Band". I was able to move to solid food this week and am trying to follow the diet to a "T". It hasn't been too difficult, must admit some days are hungrier than others but for the most part I feel satisfied.

Was a little nervous to move from Stage 3 Diced Protein and Mushies to solids but it has been fine. I was not sure what calorie range to be in because the NUT has you start at 1000 calories and move to 1200 calories where you will stay. When you start to feel the hunger creep in you will then need a fill. The last couple of days I have worked up to 1000 to 1200 calories but my focus has been on Protein. It was nice to have a salad the other day, it was 1 cup of lettuce, 1/4 cup of tomatoes, 1/8 cup of onions, 2 oz of taco meat, 1/2 oz of RF Cheddar, 1/4 cup of salsa and 1 tbsp sour cream. It was "Delish" as Rachel Ray would say. I just love mexican food and this hit the spot after 6 weeks of preop diet, surgery diet, postop diet, etc.

Everyone is doing so great for the November Nymphs and I have enjoyed watching your journeys. We are Bandster Friends for life.

Thanks Longhorn, I definitely need to think about it more. It still doesn't take too much to fill me up... just need to eat on time. Because I have no side effects, I can take my food down way too easily.

Go the November Nymphs Holly, we're definitely on track! :whoo::whoo: Congratulations to everyone on their success. :clap2: :clap2: