Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie Saying Hello...and asking questions :-)

Helo!

I have been lurking for a few days and wanted to advance to full participant! This Forum seems to be very helpful and encouraging.

I am determined to get in more movement today. Since March 13th, we have been pretty much "at home". I was looking forward to hitting the gym, but alas, that is not to be. So, I did get in a 30-minute walk but I also am thinking about adding sort of online (youtube) exercising to my day. Anyone have any favorites they would like to recommend for a newcomer, beginner to mid-range?

Also, I am trying to update my "stats" (surgery date and weights) on the left side of my profile page, but I cannot figure out how to do that, any suggestions?

Thank you for being here!

3 hours ago, Kimberly 20 said:

Helo!

I have been lurking for a few days and wanted to advance to full participant! This Forum seems to be very helpful and encouraging.

I am determined to get in more movement today. Since March 13th, we have been pretty much "at home". I was looking forward to hitting the gym, but alas, that is not to be. So, I did get in a 30-minute walk but I also am thinking about adding sort of online (youtube) exercising to my day. Anyone have any favorites they would like to recommend for a newcomer, beginner to mid-range?

Also, I am trying to update my "stats" (surgery date and weights) on the left side of my profile page, but I cannot figure out how to do that, any suggestions?

Thank you for being here!

Hi and welcome,

I’m relatively new too. Just joined a couple days after my surgery 3/9.

If I remember correctly you put your stats in under your profile under “My surgery” tab towards the bottom. I remember some stuff being laid out very different in a computer vs. your mobile device. Hope that helps. If not, lmk and I’ll do more investigating.

Best of luck ❤️

Welcome and I was wondering who was lurking in the bushes and peaking in my windows!

@Kimberly 20 Hi Kimberly and welcome to the forum! I’m still a newbie too. I was sleeved on 3/3/20. I went onto Amazon and got myself an$25 activity tracker and that’s been helping me get my steps in. I’ve hit 10k steps for several days so that’s exciting for me! As far as exercise I’m gonna check out what @GreenTealael has posted up here. I’ve recently started stretching and incorporating baby weights to help me. Good luck on your journey!! ❤️

I've been a moderate exerciser since surgery (almost five years ago). Since the stay-at-home thing started, I've been walking several evenings a week and recently started doing some of the "popsugar" workouts on youtube. Although there seem to be several really good videos on youtube, actually... (I'm not a newcomer, but I'm 60 years old and have arthritis and osteoporosis, so I can't do anything really hardcore - but there are a lot of options for those of us who are new or want something more gentle or moderate)

@CammyC Thank you! I have been trying to be consistent with my "laps" around the block while the gym is closed. I thought I had some weights around here but I think I will have to order some from Amazon.