Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OVERWHELMED January Bandster!

Hi everyone, I'm newto the forum.

Luvrocks I'm glad you are doing better. Its all very overwhelming. I'm scheduled for surgery on January 17th. Going to do my tests this Saturday. Starting to get VERY nervous and feeling a bit guilty as I'm self pay, basically I started wondering if I can do it by myself (for the umpteenth time) instead of spending all this money!

Penny2, sorry for your trouble. I'm surprised Ireland does not have the facilities, I live in Trinidad and Tobago and luckily we have a very experienced surgeon.

I'm so happy to other people who are literally going through the same things at the same time.

I'm a research maniac and am on my fourth book about banding and even watched the operation video...maybe I've had too much information and it's making me panicky!

SJK, congratulations on your surgery date & welcome to LBT! I'm self pay also & I know what you mean. But I'm doing this for my future. I've read here about others that have mortgaged their homes, taken it from IRA $, etc....so many stories, but I haven't read one that wouldn't do it again.

I have my Pre Op Education class tomorrow from 7:30 to 1:30, so I'm anxious to see what that's all about & get more info. Best of luck to you in your journey!

SJK,<br /> Welcome to LBT and the January forum! Congrats on deciding to be banded. I think a lot of us feel somewhat guilty that maybe we can do it ourselves, but then we remember how it's a repeating pattern: Diet>lose weight>gain it back plus more>diet>lose weight>gain back more. Instead of spending money on diets and gimmicks that don't provide lasting results, you're investing your money into something that actually works and will hopefully provide lasting results! You're investing into your health and your life!<br /> <br /> It's great that you're a research maniac, the more you know, the more prepared you will be. Getting banded is such a big decision that needs lots of researching and looking into. Unfortunately, people make such a life altering decision such as this without knowing what to expect. I always say, "it's better to be over-prepared than under-prepared." Let the knowledge make you more confident that you made the right decision as opposed to more nervous.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! My panic has gone and excitement for the future has taken back over...watched the Biggest Loser last night and was inspired! My amazing supportive DH also gave me the 'investment in our future' pep talk and I know it's the right decision. I wish it was tomorrow!

January 17th will be here before you know it! I've had my Jan 9 surgery date since mid august, and let me tell you, I felt like January would NEVER come! Now it's just a little over a month a way and I'm counting down the days!

I also watch Biggest Loser! It's so inspiring! I find myself crying at least once during every episode. But don't give away who got kicked off this week! I didn't have time to watch it yet. I Tivo it so I can fast forward all the annoying commercials.

I am glad to see a whole bunch of people that are being banded in January!!! WOO HOO--what a new year's resolution! I am excited and a little nervous, too! My surgery is scheduled for January 2nd and I start all my pre op appointments next week. I can hardly believe it is coming up so fast!! I am fortunate enough to have insurance, so that is ok, but I decided that if they wouldn't cover it, I was self pay all the way! My rationale: The fast food I wouldn't be able to eat would pay my surgery off! Yeah!! Here we go!!

HI all. Lots happening this week! I met with my doctor on Sat, then the nutritionist yesterday, blood tests this morning and ekg this afternoon. How is everyone holding up? I'm curious to find out who you have chosen to tell. I think I'll wait until after surgery to tell people outside my family. The only problem when you live on a small island is everyone knows your business!

<p>

I'm curious to find out who you have chosen to tell.
I haven't told anyone yet, besides my husband. I am not sure if I am going to tell the rest of my family or not. I don't want people to think I took the easy way, which this is NOT. I also don't want to have to constantly feel watched or monitored... KWIM?

My dilemma is we are staying with my husband’s family in CO where I am traveling for surgery. We haven't told them WHY we are coming up, other than to visit. Not sure how obvious it will be I had surgery. Heh. Thinking it would be a miracle to pull that secret off. If we tell them, then I figure it would be a matter of time before word spread, so I am trying to figure out whether or not to spill it! lol

L.A. we are scheduled for surgery on the same day! I just got my final all clear for surgery. One month exactly until the change that gives us control! Good luck on your journey.

Oh and L.A. I think you tell whenever it feels right. Remember I said I live on a small island and everyone knows your business? When I went for my blood and echo tests I bumped into 4 people I know at the hospital, all asking what I was doing there! My family knows and 2 friends. I plan on telling my in-laws the day AFTER surgery!