Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

guidance plz - 3 days postop

3 days post op, had my shower today and pulled bandaids off slowly. the top incision bandaid pulled the steri strip off with it. Will this be a problem, should i get one from docs office?

also, i am having a difficult time getting my liquids in. i have not had any Protein. i have had watery apple juice, Water and some broth (broth is making me gag) :)

My docs office said i can only have Clear Liquids. Any suggestions would help, i am getting a headache, and feel lethargic. :help:

Overall, am feeling better with each day (the pain).

Thanks for your guidance, i really appreciate it very much.

Debbie

Girl, you need protein-----and fast!! Get yourself a Slim Fast Lo Carb shake or an Atkins shake!

Post-op while on liquids for the first week, I made sure I got at least 40 grams of Protein a day. Once you are on soft food, you can begin to shoot for 60 grams (easy with 2 shakes a day).

You CAN also buy whey protein isolate powder and mix the shakes up yourself (which taste better)--and they even taste good mixed with water! (Beware of whey protein concentrate, which must be blended in liquids and contains lactose as a filler).

Just get your protein in NOW!

Check with your doc but liquid phase included yogurt and pudding and Protein Drinks made with milk. You definitely need Protein. Buy the Protein Powder because you will need it even after you heal. It is very important that we get in all of our protein.

The strips shouldn't be a problem but just call your Doc and ask.

i noticed that you can only have clear liquids, which would probably mean that most of the Protein Shakes are out. my doctor tells his patients not to worry about Protein the first few days, as you likely will not have much intake anyways. once we began full liquids, then we had to start focusing on protein more. full liquids for me was 3 days post op.

call you doctor for guidance, especially if you are feeling weak and lethargic, which could be an effect from the anesthesia or low blood sugar, but i would call just to be sure and see what he/she recommends.

Mine itched...and I scratched. Found it was the adhesive that was itching me...pulled them off. My center incision opened, of course...boy was that dumb.

Went to the drugstore and purchased butterfly/steri strips.

I didn't have a problem with hunger...but sleeping all the time, yes. Felt good though.

Going from a zillion calories to barely none can do a whopper on the body...so it goes into sleep mode.

I did the shakes...but only a few day...when I remembered. If you are hungry...eat. And since you can only have liquids...get high calorie liquids. I even went for a Mt. Dew - although I don't recommend this to anyone.

Try Cereal. I love Fruity Pebbles. Put your cereal in a bowl, pour the milk...let it sit for about 2 minutes..then drink. Yum!

Drink chicken noodle Soup but don't let noodles pass thru your lips.

I drank chocolate, too.

You'll get thru this time but take advantage of the rest. I'm a single mom of three and claimed my recovery period as MY time. Even made the kids buy groceries, do all the cleaning, cooking, etc. Was kinda nice.