Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded today 11/27/07 in Jax, FL

Hello!

I had my surgery this morning and went home the same day. I live in South GA, so I am about 2.5 hrs away from my DR.

I used Jacksonville Weight Loss Center, Dr. Baptista and I believe he is the best. He really taught me alot in the weeks before my surgery.

SAFETY first is his motto!

I am suprised that I am not in so much pain. I am walking and doing deep breathing exercies like he said.

I am on Clear liquids (I was on them prior to surgery per DR orders)

I can't wait to go to shakes on day 4. I use Atkins and Low carb slimfast,, anyone else doing those shakes?

I don't know anything about the other shakes listed on this board.

Drinking all this Water is torture at times b/c of all the bathroom breaks!!

I lost 16 pounds prior to surgery. My doctor wanted me to shrink my liver and put me on a trial band diet.. he really discussed the importance of high Protein and made me practice eating slowly and chewing up food alot.

hope to make new friends here.

I am 36 (will be 37 in Jan),

My name is Raynae' and I live in GA.

weight.png

:D

I like the Low-Carb SlimFast shakes and I plan on giving the Atkins shakes a try since there's more flavor variety. I also like the unjury unflavored and chicken-flavored Protein powder. The unflavored can be added to anything, such as cottage cheese, mashed potatoes and pudding. I add the chicken flavored to broth when I'm tired of sweet stuff.

Congratulations! Take care!

I live here in Jax and I have a consultation with the Dr.s Office that you used on Thursday of this week. I am worried because i am probably just on the border of being eligible in terms of having a high enough BMI. I am 5'5 and weigh about 205 or so.

I missed the original posting of this, but wanted to say congrats, beekeeper! It looks like you're doing fantastic with your weight loss...wow! Hope you continue to heal and feel better day by day. ;)

JaxFab - I would wear heavy clothes to the doc's office and put some quarter rolls in my pockets. LOL I'm thinking Carhart insulated bibs. haha...You'd probably sweat the weight off on your way to the doc's office - how warm is it there right now? We're in the single digits, so insulated pants doesn't strike ME as odd, but your doc might think there's something wrong with you. LOL I hope you can "pass!"

Good idea about wearing heavier clothing. It's cold here right now. In the 50s with no sunshine. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It's the big chilll. Maybe I have a parka that I can wear from my days living in Milwaukee. heeeeheeeheeeheee. Actually after eating all that christmas food, I probably will pass just fine.

thank you Steph!

JaxFab-- I had an appt today (12-27) @ 10:45am. What time where you there?

Did you meet Dr. Baptista? He is wonderful!! What did they say?

I had my first fill today. It is exactly one month since my surgery and I was sure glad to get a restriction. I was feeling the hunger pains sneak up on me. I nibbled at christmas and so I was up 1/2 a pound. But the Dr. said it was Water weight,, so I'm back on track and will not beat myself up.

I felt a big difference after the fill. It was funny how water filled me up again!!

keep in touch JaxFab and I hope you the best luck and that you will be able to get your surgery thru this office. They are all wonderful and a great support.