Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimband - Class Action Lawsuit 2020

5 hours ago, Tania1979 said:

I just had to have my band removed by emergency as I kept having aspirational pneumonia’s

I am sorry to hear this. I got pneumonia once from the band it was awful and scary. How do you feel without the band in terms of hunger now?

Hi everyone any update on this? I’m interesting in having my husband join this lawsuit. However, I haven’t been able to find one for Lap band surgery conducted in Florida however, at this point is passed the point that this surgery has affected negatively the people regardless of the location.

July 2013 I thought I had the answer and after having many conversations with an employee of Slimband and stating she had the procedure done was honest enough to move me on to another employee because I was asking and trusting her personal opinion and experience. I believed she had a conscience and realized with my hesitation and state of mind, which was not in logical, healthy manner, she gave over my file to someone else who more and less bullied me into agreeing with the procedure. I have regretted this decision from the moment I had the procedure done. Even before the operation started my blood pressure was so high that they delayed it for a little time so that it could come down, but it never did. I quickly had a chat with the doctor who I felt was not coherent, spaced out and told me that I had to just watch my diet. This is not what I was told during my orientation. I realized moments before going into the surgery that I had been duped! Ashamed I never told my husband how I felt when I was in the other room having this conversation. So, because they are booked with surgeries I was rushed in, high pressure still not down, put under and woke up groggy and sent out the door. During the operation my bladder let go and therefore I had to leave the resident in a wet dress. I have experienced nothing but pain, cannot eat properly because I am throwing up so often, sometimes cannot eat for two days because food is stuck. I have not lost any weight with this procedure. They only thing I lost was 16 000.00 dollars, time from work because I am sick, avoiding events because I know that I cannot enjoy the experience of going out with family and friends in case I have to make many trips to the restroom to vomit. Embarrassment and pride and disappointment that I allowed someone take advantage of my desperation to lose weight forever or at least that is what I was told would happen. Now I just want my band removed and my money back! Shame on the doctors and Slimband as I never received any support after I left Toronto to come home east. This was a costly decision that I put a lot of consideration in and still was misled, deceived, and bullied.

I wish a class action can be done to compensate me.

I am still waiting for something to be done.
I suffer from constant stomach pains and acid reflex. I have gastrointestinal issues and the pain can be excruciating.

I want this band removed and my money back.

Not sure what it will take for this lawsuit to go through!

Does anyone know where I can just get this removed in the Vancouver or Toronto area. I have given up on the lawsuit and will bite the bullet to just get it taken out so I can eat without feeling like I am going to sick every time.

thanks

I'm having mine removed in Toronto today. Thankfully OHIP is covering it because I've had such issues. The surgeon is Dr. James Jung. I was on a waitlist for over a year but if your symptoms are worse they may expedite it.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi! I also had the Slimband procedure done. Paid $13K and 13 years later, haven’t lost any weight. I gained pain, IBS issues, severe gas pain in my abdominal and shoulder and vomit continuously. I am definitely interested in a class action lawsuit if there will be one. Thank you.

Hi everyone, I just stumbled across this site. I have a lapband as well. I had no idea the company went bankrupt. I wanted to have mine removed. It’s never done a thing for me. Worst decision ever. Do you know if the cost for surgery to remove it is covered?

7 hours ago, Krsnow said:

Hi everyone, I just stumbled across this site. I have a lapband as well. I had no idea the company went bankrupt. I wanted to have mine removed. It’s never done a thing for me. Worst decision ever. Do you know if the cost for surgery to remove it is covered?

If your in Ontario then yes. I forgot the name of my surgeon but really nice guy. He's listed here somewhere. I got my family Dr to make referral. He said it was causing me health issues which it was and removed.

So here is my opinion on this subject coming from a law background - this topic is not part of my law experience but I can deflect appropriately. Yes, the doctor was sued, lost his licence, company bankrupt. Nothing there. The thing is actually that the government of Ontario let this crap happen in the first place. We are not a 3rd world. Our health practitioners, our government let us down. They are not doing their job we pay them to do. To protect us. We work.. we pay taxes, we make our Province run. So why is it that when it all goes to hell cause the government effed up that we have to do these back ass rants? This is actually on the government of Ontario for not doing their job in protecting us Canadians from shoddy healthcare.