Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

losingjusme goes for plastics

faith, i cant remember the name of it. there are a few out there and one of them 'sucks in' much better.

i dont have any new ones with tags. my suggestion, if there is one near you, go look at them first (and try on, you want it to be really quite snug). if i have a moment this weekend, i'll go check, but Rick is really trying to have me avoid that store cause when i go, i leave with bags of stuff..

LOL, I hear ya!!!

I have only bought one piece of clothing since I've lost weight, which is doggone amazing for me. I got a pair of jeans that fit. I had to. I told myself I wouldn't buy anything until 100lbs was gone, but the pants were falling off...So I have a rope belt holding the others up :(

I don't have an Avenue really close to where I usually go, but I can modify my routes.

i went to my training appointment yesterday and although the weight is not dropping too much, the inches are dropping.

since last month, i've lost the following:

chest 3/4 inch

upper arm 3/4 inch

waist 3/4 inch

thigh 1/4 inch

calf 1/4 inch

my body fat percent is about 32.3% (cant remember exact cause im at work), 'normal' is 31.9%... i'm getting there!!! :lol:

Hey you know what chick, when you have your TT just think how much that body fat percentage will drop!!!! You will be below normal!!! :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Is BMI and Body fat % the same thing? How do you determine body fat %? I feel like I should already know this... maybe it's late, and I've taken some meds.? lol

no, body fat % is determined by either measurements and your weight or a 'pinch' test. it can also be done under Water - that is the most sophisticated and accurate method.

my trainer at 24 hour fitness does it monthly for me via measurements. BMI is based upon your height and weight only.

wow, i havent updated this thread in awhile. been hanging out with the Feb / March gang. :rolleyes2:

let's see ... doing Atkins, weight is dropping, working my ass off at the gym. i am now 'recommitted' (or should be committed, one or the other).

45 mins cardio a day 4-6 days a week (it was originally 5-6, but with the intense strength training, not sure if i can do both). then strength training/core work every other day.

ideal week will look like this:

Mon - 45 mins cardio

Tue - Core/Strength little bit of cardio

Wed - 45 mins cardio

Thurs - Core/Strength little bit of cardio

Fri - 45 mins cardio

Sat - training appointment with Steph and then running with DH

Sunday - day of rest

LJM: You're doing great. I'm exercise my butt off (literally), but not my stomach. The fat there is stubborn. I've lost ten of the 20 I wanted to lose with 1 month to go. I think most of the weight has come off my breasts! Oh well. Hang in there. We're going to make it!

Congrats LJM & Karey! It's tough to stay committed with the anxiety of surgery ahead. I'm doing much better, too, just trying to eat healthy and less of it, and keeping up with the exercise. LJM, I've had really good results in the past from Atkins (or other low-carb programs). It really goes along well with the band, since we're supposed to eat that Protein first, anyway! I like to take a slice of ham, sprinkle on some shredded low-fat cheese, and micro until the cheese is melted, then roll up and enjoy! Yummy.

Tami

Karey - i can relate and i'd love to get the girls done as well, but i want to hit goal and maintain for a bit for them.

Tami - that does sound like a great LC snack (errr, meal :rolleyes2:)

my restriction is so wonky lately... some days i can eat some days, not so much.

Atkins works best for me if i can get over 900 cals in me ... restricted days, that's not too easy.

I am doing the same thing, posting and updating on the February thread and forgeting about my own. lol

Sounds like your doing great. I am trying to do good these last couple of weeks.