Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Loser - not me

:phanvanI lost 20 lbs and then gained back 10. I could not keep food down so went to high caloric beverages, cheese, etc. THe vomiting was terrible. This week, due to this site, I tried pineapple juice, then went out and bought chewable papya enzymes tablets...............unbelievable!!!

When I felt that stuck sensation, I chewed one and it worked.

Anyone else identify with this terrible, embarrassing situation?

:phanvanI lost 20 lbs and then gained back 10. I could not keep food down so went to high caloric beverages, cheese, etc. THe vomiting was terrible. This week, due to this site, I tried pineapple juice, then went out and bought chewable papya enzymes tablets...............unbelievable!!!

When I felt that stuck sensation, I chewed one and it worked.

Anyone else identify with this terrible, embarrassing situation?

Hi BTK...

Most of us here have certainly experience what you're describing as a PB.

Why would you choose to go to high calorie intake? Sounds like you have a restriction issue that should be addressed, as you're not supposed to be PBing often. Maybe an unfill?

You might get more responses if you were to post in a general message board.

I should have added, I have had Fluid removed about a month ago. I feel much better. I still have to eat slowly and carefully, of course. However, there are times when I have had discomfort and the enzyme is remarkable. Going to high caloric liquids or soft food, was more for hunger satisfaction, ease of digestion and avoidance of PB. (I don't know exactly what that stands for.)

I read about the papaya enzyme in this forum. All I am saying is that it works and I can eat very sensibly.:clap2:

PB - "Productive Burp"

No worries I think it took me nearly a year to figure out what the initials actually stood for even though I had figured out the gist of what it was referring to.

Hi BTK,

I agree with Sherilynn....YOu can have low calorie, low fat foods that go down easily if you want. I have a hard time with Breakfast more mornings that not...so I do a Protein drink. I think it is around 100-150 calories (depends on if I put some fruit in it) and it has 23 grams of Protein. Protein reduces hunger...focus on protein.

Vomiting..PB-ing...isn't good for you but it is sort of a part of the band...but you should eat carefully to avoid it. And you should check your restriction level, which it sounds like you've done. I haven't had a fill since august and had a lot of problems about a month later, then I've been fine, except I'm back to some restriction so I really have to watch it.

I do think that it is necessary to go to soft or liquids after a PB episode. I've tried to push it once and really got in hot Water...was miserable for 24 hours. My general rule after a stuck episode is 24 hours of soft food. It takes a while to get this...duh!

Thank you so much for your kind, informative response. I thought I was the only one having continuous problems.

This is not as easy as I thought.

:)

This isn't easy...we have to learn how to eat a new way. We have to learn our lessons!! Or pay for them with pain...yikes! My DH keeps telling me to eat with my left hand..that will slow you down. I find that if I'm really "present" when eating, then I do much better..than if I'm just shoveling in food in a mindless fashion.

I have trouble with anything thick, like a smoothie or anything creamy. I have trouble drinking because I have a bad habit to actually drink and not sip. I get very thirsty. I can eat fish because it melts in your mouth and I can eat spaghetti for some reason. I do throw up quite a bit but its usually just regurgitation (sp) of something I've drank. Something must be working though cause I've lost a lot of weight in the past 6 months